Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Haunt will probably be converted to a percentage, and you'll be expected to LT after casting Haunt in the travel time between the fresh one getting to the target, and the previous one returning to top you back off. Affliction should be very easy to manage in that way, so it wont really be necessary to buff or move SL.

Even without any change, it's logical to do this anyway.
    Eh, I'm not particularly liking the change back to stam scaling instead of sp. I for one liked our DL and siphon life scaling as our damage increased, not our health.

Quote Originally Posted by EradicatorSanctuary View Post
    Thats so full of sh** , on a normal resilienced target ( something above 1500 rating lol , so approximately 1k resi ) it wont heal you for that much , pop DA + CoE and maybe what else ( the other buff/debufs ) it wont to 5% , even if it does , when u have a static 5% even if u have 0 spellpower ( assuming ur hit capped so u dont miss in either pvp or pve ) it will still heal u for 5% , regardless. Thats the biggest difference. Ok since ur drain life is so different then all of ours let it heal for 5% while all of us use searing pain instead ( talking bout pvp )
    Draintrain out!
    Not full of shit, it's ticking for like 850 on the target dummy. When I actually put up Haunt and everything else, it shoots up really high, like 1700+. It's about the same healing I'm getting on the PTR, actually, but my PTR health is way higher. If it healed for the damage it did on the PTR, it would be 2k-7k, depending on crits/procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    Eh, I'm not particularly liking the change back to stam scaling instead of sp. I for one liked our DL and siphon life scaling as our damage increased, not our health.
    That's a bizzare statement to make, because as your damage increases with gear, so does your health, it's just health doesn't increase at the same rate. The percentile of stamina change simply normalises that.

OK here is a thought.

We all know that the warlock talent trees are 'lighter' than the other classes. Now why not make an improved siphon life. Make it add an additional 3% and take it to 100% chance. 1 or 2 point talent. Do some juggling and make it a teir 3 ability so out of reach from the other 2 specs (would need 15 points in aff to get, you only have 10 available if destro or demo).

Maybe remove improved fear totally or push it down a tier and it would work (improved fear is currently a tier 3 ability already). You could instead of moving the improved fear, move curse of exhaustion and put it down a tier, shuffly the tier 3 graphic a bit and presto..SL is back to being half useful again, and progressing down the tree will have less wasted points in CC and fears, which we all know only work 50% of the time to make life easier, the other 50% of the time they bring friends back and royally screw you over, unless you burn a glyph on it i believe, but that is also a DPS loss, meh..

Thats my thoughts, very rough, may not be viable, but I did it whilst bored so there we go.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a bizzare statement to make, because as your damage increases with gear, so does your health, it's just health doesn't increase at the same rate. The percentile of stamina change simply normalises that.
    The change from sp to stam scaling on our self heals tries to normalise that rate. However damage scaled far better than max health did in wotlk. Also, if we gem pure sp now, we get better self healing from DL and siphon life, however if our self healing is based on max health, we get no defensive bonus from sp (like we do currently). This change may put us in the position where it'll be more beneficial to gem stam, where we'll stay alive and have good self healing, but don't do as much damage as other specs when push comes to shove.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    The change from sp to stam scaling on our self heals tries to normalise that rate. However damage scaled far better than max health did in wotlk. Also, if we gem pure sp now, we get better self healing from DL and siphon life, however if our self healing is based on max health, we get no defensive bonus from sp (like we do currently). This change may put us in the position where it'll be more beneficial to gem stam, where we'll stay alive and have good self healing, but don't do as much damage as other specs when push comes to shove.
    That is precisely the problem. If you're doing more damage, and gaining more survivability as a result, then you reach a tipping point as gear increases where you do so much damage that you're basically unstoppable. This is why Affliction is more viable as a spec now than it was in 3.1 when Destruction was the standard PvP spec; it's not purely down to the Conflag nerf, which actually changed very little.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is precisely the problem. If you're doing more damage, and gaining more survivability as a result, then you reach a tipping point as gear increases where you do so much damage that you're basically unstoppable. This is why Affliction is more viable as a spec now than it was in 3.1 when Destruction was the standard PvP spec; it's not purely down to the Conflag nerf, which actually changed very little.
    When it was first changed, the reason gc stated was because drain life didn't scale well. You're trying to oversimplify the change from destruction to affliction dominance in pvp. One of the major reasons why affliction is now generally better is that there's more resil and stam around, making fights slightly longer. Combined with the fact that destro is all about burst (there is some mobility/kiting involved but not like a mage or hunter), longer fights are terrible for destro, but great for affliction.

Tell me, why can spriests get their healing through damage (scaling with sp), but affliction locks have to push their stam if we want more self healing? Do you like the principle of having our healing based on our stamina, which they've been purposefully moving locks away from stacking in pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm neither for nor against it, because I've not seen how it will effect gameplay or stat balance, not least because the numbers aren't yet final. (And also that I much prefer Destruction in PvP anyway).

The fights do last longer now with the resilience changes, but there was also a lot less damage around, which made SL a lot less effective than it is now (especially without the Quick Decay Glyph). I recall back then that Stamina was actually a very desirable stat at that point in the game for Warlocks.

What you're asking, strangely enough is that we should be more like SPriests who rely on damage for survivability, when the goal for Warlocks was always to be able to tank it; as the blue from GC from much earlier in Wrath stated. Is it bad that they want us to be different from SPriests?

As a Warlock I am very annoyed at this. But with Jessicka I cannot have a full opinion on it until I play it. I love Affliction, I dual spec'd into Demonology and don't use it. I use Affliction 100%, its fun, its good, its challenging. This nerf kind of takes away the feel of BEING a Warlock, not just playing a Warlock, but being one. Warlocks are about dealing damage to themselves to become more powerful or dealing damage to others to heal themselves. With this nerf they are taking away the feeling of being an actual Warlock and making it feel more like a darker Shadow Priest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXfeyYpq018

You can see in this video that SL ticks are scaling with the amount of dots applied to the target, initial SL ticks look to be about 850 and go up to 14-1700.

Lol i thought they said they was gonna icrease DL dmg?

Deleted
    Well right now i am only hearing that aff is the bets specs for raiding and does who chose destro as raiding specs are inexperienced once ^^ Thats what people are saying liol :<