Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    They have removed party requirements for spells, but we are not sure how they are fixing it. There shouldn't be any more spells which only affect your party while in a raid group though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Light of Dawn is a Circle of Healing-esque heal. It doesn't heal for as much as Prayer of Healing. Plus, your targets have to be somewhat grouped together for it to be effective. Same with Holy Radiance.

Yes, use an IF'd PoH when there's group-wide damage, and shield party members if possible. If AoE damage persists, pop PW:B and Power Infusion on yourself and spam away.

Shields don't seem that much weakened on the PTR... they feel like they're about 20% weaker, which is intended. It should still absorb enough to make shielding party members a viable means of aoe healing.
    Last edited by Marraphy; 2010-09-14 at 01:27 AM.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Marraphy View Post
    Light of Dawn is a Circle of Healing-esque heal. It doesn't heal for as much as Prayer of Healing. Plus, your targets have to be somewhat grouped together for it to be effective. Same with Holy Radiance.

Yes, use an IF'd PoH when there's group-wide damage, and shield party members if possible. If AoE damage persists, pop PW:B and Power Infusion on yourself and spam away.

Shields don't seem that much weakened on the PTR... they feel like they're about 20% weaker, which is intended. It should still absorb enough to make shielding party members a viable means of aoe healing.
    Negative Marraphy. My actually absorbtion with 4.2k sp is 4002, the tooltip states 5819... On live, 9k+.

Quote Originally Posted by VermillionMadness View Post
    Negative Marraphy. My actually absorbtion with 4.2k sp is 4002, the tooltip states 5819... On live, 9k+.
    How much are FH/Heal/GH/Renew hitting for on PTR?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    I guess it would just depend on how much damage the group is taking, but with the extra health everyone has been given I thought it was "safe" to leave a few under full health. You can cast six Heal (6% base mana) for the cost of one PoH (36% base mana) so even without Inner Focus wouldn't you rather wait and use PoH instead of spamming Heal? Or am I missing something?
    Yes, you are missing:
    1. Most of the time only 1-3 party members get damage. PoH healing to the other party members is overheal (= lost mana).
    2. Most of the time you cannot wait up to 45 seconds to cast a spell.
    3. PoH currently is still based on party members. Bad flexibility in 10mans or 25mans.
    4. Especially in raids with other healers, a PoH will cause overheal because it is slow. You would need healer assignments which also reduces flexibility.
    5. If it 'is save to leave a few under full health' you don't have to heal them at all.
    6. Of course point 5 is wrong - you will heal them to full health.

Point 1 alone reduces the effectiveness (HP/mana) of PoH by 50% on avarage situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
    Yes, you are missing:
    1. Most of the time only 1-3 party members get damage. PoH healing to the other party members is overheal (= lost mana).
    2. Most of the time you cannot wait up to 45 seconds to cast a spell.
    3. PoH currently is still based on party members. Bad flexibility in 10mans or 25mans.
    4. Especially in raids with other healers, a PoH will cause overheal because it is slow. You would need healer assignments which also reduces flexibility.
    5. If it 'is save to leave a few under full health' you don't have to heal them at all.
    6. Of course point 5 is wrong - you will heal them to full health.

Point 1 alone reduces the effectiveness (HP/mana) of PoH by 50% on avarage situations.
    you're missing few things too :
    1-even if PoH only heals 3 out of 5 people in a raid, it's one of the most (if not best) spell to use HpS-wise (1*3s PoH vs 3*1.5s FH not even accounting for haste and/or serependity) in those situations.
    and telling that using PoH when a single person needs healing is a waste is common sense.
    2-no one told PoH shouldn't be used without Inner Focus.
    3-Oh? never had any issues using PoH in any raid : in 10s, there's at most 2 raid healers and often only 1 so no problem using PoH anytime, and in 25s auras hurt badly enough that PoH is very welcomed.
    4-see above, and in current content with decent gear, most priests can easily cast a 2s PoH, which imo is far from being "slow".
    5-if you only need to heal a few, you don't really need to use PoH at those times. where's the problem then?
    6-that's not a point you made there.

PoH is fine as it is, and while i don't know if it'll scale the same way in cata (since it may be raid-wide) i believe it'll deserve being in my spell bars.