Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    ty!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Correct, and stay off my dig site or I'll shoot! Goblin Archaeologists ftw.
    dude WTH! YOUR A GOBLIN SO START ACTING LIKE ONE! USE EXPLOSIVES FOR GOD SAKE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    dude WTH! YOUR A GOBLIN SO START ACTING LIKE ONE! USE EXPLOSIVES FOR GOD SAKE!
    I tried, but then a whole bunch of people came and told me I was arrested for destroying things. Garrosh said he would drop me from the highest place in Orgrimmar if I tried it again.

lol at the night elf achievement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    This is possibly the most inane addition to the game I've ever seen. It just shows that Blizz is scared of simple microtransaction games that interface to social networks like Facebook, and has to clone them within WoW.
    I get you saying it's inane, but I do not understand how you made the microtransaction/facebook games link to your argument.

And I disagree with inane, looks fun. WoW already got stuff like it, fishing, cooking, etc. Yeah they get food buffs and whatnot, but I'm guessing there will be benefits to high end Archaeology stuff

Will upload moar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menegroth View Post
    I get you saying it's inane, but I do not understand how you made the microtransaction/facebook games link to your argument.
    Things like Farmville come to mind.

Some people like digging up imaginary artifacts in an imaginary world...others like tilling imaginary crops in an imaginary world. Either way, you can avoid real work by doing imaginary work.

I'm rather looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to Archaeology.
    Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
    Sun Tzu

Deleted
    it really looks as if i will love this profession.

i really loved the quests like cortello's riddle, captain saunders treasure and other quests that had you look across an entire zone (or even multiple zones) to find the pirate's long lost treasure. this seems quite like it.

Now this is a profession i can get to max level without feeling violated and or braindead when I'm done. Lore nerds UNITE!

10+ Year Old Account

-----UPDATE 3-----
    Tablets, what do they do and where can I find them?
    http://img820.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...010071332.jpg/
    The Orc version is called "Orc Blood Text"
    The Draenei version is called "Draenei Tome"
    I found this one when digging for fragments, not sure but they seem to make it so you can complete a step without collecting all the fragments. No idea how many it makes up for atm.
    not sure about the others, but can i ask you to find a JC to "prospect" that piece?
    it does say prospectable... maybe...just maybe...
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

So much want.... cant wait for it to be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Casual gamer is bound by self limitation. Hardcore gamer is stopped only by outside limitations (such as jobs/school, stuff that is necessity).

I am excited for all the lore stuff they can include in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zongo View Post
    Absolutely This.

Thank you VERY VERY MUCH OP for taking your time to share this detailed info! I am 150% looking forward to archaeology!
    I chose the most interesting items i could find. Also the lolziest i could find

---------- Post added 2010-09-11 at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    This is possibly the most inane addition to the game I've ever seen. It just shows that Blizz is scared of simple microtransaction games that interface to social networks like Facebook, and has to clone them within WoW.
    Of course... we will have to pay for cooler artifacts AMIRITE?

I'm quite disapointed here. I expected a minigame in the game with mystery to solve .. and .. and it's juste a boring grindy job :/

I mean all we will have to do from 1 to 525 is digging and using the tracking tool ... oooooook.

I expected something really original. It sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Cema View Post
    I'm quite disapointed here. I expected a minigame in the game with mystery to solve .. and .. and it's juste a boring grindy job :/

I mean all we will have to do from 1 to 525 is digging and using the tracking tool ... oooooook.

I expected something really original. It sucks
    People complain so much that Blizzard can't really keep something like that around. I've already seen such a huge amount of QQ about it being too hard. The sad thing is that it's not hard to understand, most people are too lazy to even try.

It's not hard

It's grindy, really stupid and highly repetitive. I will do it for the mount like everyone but I am kinda sure that I won't enjoy it more than any other profession

The order you discover items seems to basicaly random, my first Fossil artifact was a PErserved Fern, and required 27 Fragmets my second (which I have not yet completed) is the Fossilized Hatchling and requires 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    not sure about the others, but can i ask you to find a JC to "prospect" that piece?
    it does say prospectable... maybe...just maybe...
    There also exists a Highborn Scroll which says it "can complete Night Elf Archaeology artifacts with missing fragments"

Also prospectable, when attempting to prospect it says it requires 5 of them

---------- Post added 2010-09-12 at 02:18 AM ----------

-----UPDATE 3-----
    Tablets, what do they do and where can I find them?
    http://img820.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...010071332.jpg/
    The Orc version is called "Orc Blood Text"
    The Draenei version is called "Draenei Tome"
    I found this one when digging for fragments, not sure but they seem to make it so you can complete a step without collecting all the fragments. No idea how many it makes up for atm
    You can Add "highborn Scroll" to the list which is the nightelf version.
    Also discovered Troll Tablet and Tol'Vir Hieroglyphic
    Once you have one in your inventory you will see a small Hexagon on the appropriate page you can drag the scroll /tablet to there and it will say how many fragments it adds.
    For example I am at 0/35 for the Coin of Eldre'Thalas, if I add the scroll it says 6 (+6 rune stones) /35
    The scroll is removable and is not consumed until I click on "solve"
    EDIT: You can only use one scroll per artifact even if you have more available.
    Unlike the night elf one, even though I have troll tablet in my inventory I do not have the option to add it to the artifact in progress. Possible not all of them are finished yet

They are also prospectable in stacks of 5. I [now] have 3 so I don't know yet what you would find.

---------- Post added 2010-09-12 at 04:55 AM ----------

I didn't get everything I've uncovered so far, because I started it after I'd been leveling for awhile but I started a list to go along with the very helpful maps to list what fragments can be found at each digsite.
    Ist can be found here https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...wM21HM0E&hl=en
    and should be viewable and editable by anyone so feel free to add / edit as needed

EDIT: Do NOT prospect your scrolls, you will receive nothing for them, all 5 disappeared and I received nothing.
    Last edited by pinkshirtbadman; 2010-09-12 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Further clarification

not the best pic, but I got the pet last night

http://imageshack.dk//viewimage.php?...e/4RN80992.jpg
    Last edited by Proxiz; 2010-09-12 at 08:45 AM. Reason: picture not working

at first I thought this was too hard but I didn't fully understand it. Thanks to this post I finally figured out that you search in the direction the bulb is facing. So when you get to an area and it's red it still points you in the right direction. When it becomes green you gotta be a little more precise. Now that I got it down, clearing out a dig site takes no more than a minute.

Gonna be really fun