Archaeology video in HD!

Put this together to show how the new profession works. I'm going to grind it up tomorrow and try to get some good rewards then I'll make another video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3K4crtfEPk

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice! Looks like it will be alot of fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I love that UI, I know I'm going to be spending hours filling it up with junk and Azerothian history and artifacts.

i did see u were on a lion, but just cus of the mmo-c frontpage news :P
    the new professional looks interesting

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Archeology and new quests is the reason im gonna get cataclysm even thought ive stopped playing wow o.o

Quote Originally Posted by mk328 View Post
    Put this together to show how the new profession works. I'm going to grind it up tomorrow and try to get some good rewards then I'll make another video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3K4crtfEPk
    Seems like the final points of artifacts are not random, you found an artifact twice at the same point (inside the house ruins).
    I think that's good because after some time you will know where those points are and be done quicker, maybe with just one or two surveys.

Quote Originally Posted by alleksi View Post
    that is just, woah...

question:
    does every one share their dig site, for example there are 3 artifacts in one area, and you only happen to get 1 of them because some one else took others before you?

or does every1 have their own dig site?
    I'm quite sure everyone will have 3 artifacts per digsite per "reset" (whenever/how often that is). Secondary professions are not that much about griefing others for the gatherables of that profession. Only if you count stealing pools for fishing.
    Actually I hope there will be always digsite for your current skill available but on random locations. I don't want a "gated" progression so that you can only get that many skill points per day or so because there are no more free digsites left.
    Last edited by Samin; 2010-09-10 at 11:14 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

i dont like how this archaeology does not involve any actual digging -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YersiniaPestis View Post
    i dont like how this archaeology does not involve any actual digging -.-
    Indeed. I had a plan for digging out a small mole hole where my character, a goblin, could retreat. No but quite frankly speaking, you would gain a lot more immersion from this but I guess there would be holes in the ground and mountains everywhere if digging was available.
    Last edited by Mogul; 2010-09-10 at 12:02 PM. Reason: spelling
    "They must find it hard; those who take authority as the truth rather then the truth as authority."

Another video of how Survey works (Archaeology). Nice and long:
    youtube.com/watch?v=RIzy6l8uSQQ

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Seems like the final points of artifacts are not random, you found an artifact twice at the same point (inside the house ruins).
    I think that's good because after some time you will know where those points are and be done quicker, maybe with just one or two surveys.
    Yeah, I've managed to find the same point 3 times in a row at a digsite a few times.