Old Vanilla PVP Titles and Cata....

Since they are bringing them back apperently. Does anyone know if they will be removed on the chars that have them allready persay my warrior has the "Sergeant" title and my friend has the "Knight" title will these be removed on cata launch or do we get to keep them or do they change to something like " Veteran Sergeant" or " Veteran Knight" because that would suck if our titles were just thrown away they kinda showed people that we used to pvp all the way back in the day.

The last time they spoke about this the plan was that you'll keep them, since it's beta though nothing is set in stone.

Deleted
    I still wonder how this system will work. Will the titles reset every season along with the rating or you keep whatever title you achieve?

Atleast I'll have a shot at the general title

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lywyu View Post
    I still wonder how this system will work. Will the titles reset every season along with the rating or you keep whatever title you achieve?
    You will probably have to keep doing BG's to keep your BG rating, and with that your title. I doubt it'll reset like the arena does though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to guess, people with the old titles will also probably get the "Veteran of the Horde/Alliance" that was found
    But that's entirely just a guess.

I think I'll cry if I lose my Knight title. I worked hard on that. I hate PVP.

Deleted
    My question: Since you get the titles from the Achievements, Doesn't that mean you'll be able to get Grand marshal and everything underneath when you got 2.3k Rating at the Rated BG (Ofcourse <name>,Champion of the alliance too)

Deleted
    I got Champion on my warr, which is a cool and rare title these days, but now this means that it will become common and everyone will get it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    I got Champion on my warr, which is a cool and rare title these days, but now this means that it will become common and everyone will get it?
    Pretty much.....
    Or they make it something like veteran champion or maybe they just remove your title and you have to earn it again.
    That would suck! for you.

They won't be removed I think - probably made like you said Veteran Knight etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Blizzard is stupid enough to remove the title from those who acquired it in the past.

I also assume that because they are ACHIEVEMENTS, the titles that you earn will stick permanently. Which logically should mean all of them, up the list. Also, I doubt that the titles will become common place except amongst big PVPers. I would guess it still takes skill to get a high rating, and just PVPing a LOT, probably wont mean you're good enough to get to that point. But I don't know anything about the rating system yet, so I guess we'll see.
    Axetoface.

From blizz.

Honor titles have been added into World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. These titles are earned when specific Battleground Achievements are completed, and are triggered when specific Battleground rating milestones are met. The titles remain the same as the original PvP titles, however, players who obtained these titles from the original Battleground ranking system will not lose them. The Feats of Strength associated with the original titles have been altered slightly to denote that they were earned under the old system, although the titles themselves remain the same.
    http://www.worldofraids.com/wow-blue...vements.html#0

Sorry to link WoR, but I found the source and such on their site.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a rank 14 paladin and two rank 13 alts, I nearly cried because my epeen will be shortend. :<

I started just after Vanilla and I've got around 60k lifetime kills, when vanilla people with 15-5000 kills complain everyone can get their scout/private/sergeant title, I laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    I started just after Vanilla and I've got around 60k lifetime kills, when vanilla people with 15-5000 kills complain everyone can get their scout/private/sergeant title, I laugh
    I believe they are going by rated BG rating now.

As of now, the first ranks -- Private for Alliance and Scout for Horde -- are earned when a player reaches a Battleground rating of 1100. The ranks increase every 100 rating points, up to Grand Marshal/High Warlord at 2400 rating. Titles earned through the new system are yours to keep and will not be wiped with each season.
    Same source as before.