Stormwind to New Stormwind Transition Video

Hey all,

I recently did a video for Gamerfill showing Stormwind in Catacylsm with the new floor textures, but I also made it transition between current WoW and Catacylsm to make it easier to notice the difference. Also added the new Stormwind music onto it.

Was hoping you'd let us know what you think to the video, as we're trying to improve a lot in general with all our reviews and such, and would be very grateful if you could help

We understand we'll never be able to best most video coverage out there, which is why we don't try to and try to do unique things or don't take it too seriously

Video:

Thanks!

Good video, showing off the same location like that.

My only complaint about the video is that you seem to spend a lot of time on Live Stormwind (which everyone knows about) rather than Cata's Stormwind. An example would be the run from the AH to Old Town.

But other then that, good work!

Stormwind is looking good! Just the new textures on the cobblestones and the stone walls are a major improvement in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

i agree..and the music is far better..at least imo

Nice idea. Maybe i will try that with Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by areoborg View Post
    Good video, showing off the same location like that.

My only complaint about the video is that you seem to spend a lot of time on Live Stormwind (which everyone knows about) rather than Cata's Stormwind. An example would be the run from the AH to Old Town.

But other then that, good work!
    After looking back I totally agree with you, thanks for the feedback! That Old town run-to especially, as well as a few areas I noticed afterwards. Thank you very much!

Thanks all! @Zeror: That'd be sweet. You'll have to let us know if you do do that, will be interesting to watch.
    Last edited by Kromus!; 2010-09-10 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Mistake

Is that the official new stormwind music? Kinda of a huge change, I don't really like it.

Very nice, but as stated, more time in Cata and less time in Live. Great idea!

I really enjoyed this! Thank you for taking the time to make these videos. It really helps to build the overall excitement of Cata for those of us who are not in the beta. Thanks chum!

You you made a pretty good video to show the change from the new to the older Stormwind, and it was a really great Idea you came up with here, and you should definitely bring out more, like Orgrimmar?

But as areoborg already mentioned, you should do all the running in the Cataclysm version, and then everytime you stop you stand a look for a X amount of seconds and then fade into the Live version
    Ansgar the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Ansgar View Post
    You you made a pretty good video to show the change from the new to the older Stormwind, and it was a really great Idea you came up with here, and you should definitely bring out more, like Orgrimmar?

But as areoborg already mentioned, you should do all the running in the Cataclysm version, and then everytime you stop you stand a look for a X amount of seconds and then fade into the Live version
    Thank you very much all, and I think I will take all of your great feedback and create a Ogrimmar version, I will definately take heed of your comments and make sure that ALL of the running is done in Catacylsm, and when there is an area that is significantly changed, I'll fade on the spot, and do only as much time as neccasary to notice the change in Live version, rather then take too long in it (like when running from Trade to Old town).

Thanks for the fantastic feedback all
    Last edited by Kromus!; 2010-09-11 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

Great to know your gonna be creating more, and I'm looking forward to that
    Ansgar the Insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Is that the official new stormwind music? Kinda of a huge change, I don't really like it.
    Yeah it's the new music. I think it fits the whole Cataclysm theme nicely.

Oh, and does the music reminds anyone of the Hunchback of Notre Dame?
    Last edited by EFG; 2010-09-12 at 03:54 PM.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Deleted
    NOOOOOOOOOO! Not the Trollbane's statue! ;o;

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    I know

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Lets just hope it's forshadowing the return of Danath.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”