Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Alliance Lion Mount (lol)

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...lion_small.jpg (As seen on front page)

www.freewebs.com/uninova/Entei.jpg (What I think it looks like, and what I will always think of it as)

(The legendary dog pokemon, Entei)

THE RESEMBLANCE IS UNCANNY!

EDIT AFTER A LONG DAY OF WORK to come back and see 170+ replies? lol gogo cata forum. Anywhoozle, the "uncanny resemblance" was just me sarcastically saying they look identical when they don't... instead, this is more of a "this mount reminds me of this Pokemon at first glance". And NOT because they're both lions, because of the red-ish hue to the lion, and because of the face armor shape / other body armor. And you can't deny the face armor is really similar (the metal "fang" type things going down each side, etc).
    Last edited by Latros; 2010-09-10 at 11:54 PM.

You know what it reminds me of? A lion, its rather surprising isnt it?
    Trying to play GW2 like you played WoW is like trying to play Chess using a Checkers strategy.
    -----
    Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Deleted
    ... That's nice.

I think it's a nice mount, would love to see my guild tabard on that beauty.

Lol, I'm well aware it's a lion and so is the pokemon and that is the primary reason they are similar - I meant more in the fact that they both have bracers, and the exact same shape of metal-mask type thing.

Deleted
    It reminds me of the White Lion (the animal not the soldier) from Warhammer.

Deleted
    It's a lion and looks like one and still the first thing you think about is a dog pokemon? :-o

I liked the lion before...

Now that I've seen it compared to the picture of Entei....I FREAKING LOVE IT!

I have to admit, it's the first thing I thought of aswell :O

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoyll View Post
    ... That's nice.

I think it's a nice mount, would love to see my guild tabard on that beauty.
    Oh i hope you can pick to not have the tabard on, my guilds tabard is a toilet brush. And there not changing it

Quote Originally Posted by kevindv View Post
    gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive. But what it hides is far more important
    ^^ win

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelcalypse View Post
    I have to admit, it's the first thing I thought of aswell :O
    Man, you should've made a thread about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Garenzo View Post
    It's a lion and looks like one and still the first thing you think about is a dog pokemon? :-o
    "Legendary Dogs" was a mistranslation.

In Japanese, Suicune, Entei and Raiko are called the "Legendary Beasts". If you ever noticed, they look and act more like big cats. Suicune being a jaguar/leopard type (though, admittedly the most canine looking of the three), Entei a lion, and Raiko a sabre-tooth cat.

I agree though, it reminds me of Entei and the White Lion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aris View Post
    Oh i hope you can pick to not have the tabard on, my guilds tabard is a toilet brush. And there not changing it
    To be honest, so do I. I really like my tabard (It's got lions on it too!) but I think being able to pick from other tabards would be cool too. So, say you own the Kirin Tor tabard, then you can choose to have it on your lion instead.

Deleted
    Hahaha. Poor Alliance. Now they have to endure with "Gotta catch 'em all!" or "You were walking in the tall grass again.. were you not.." jokes.

jeez, people still call them dogs?

Did you ever see a sabertooth dog?
    A dog that can pull his claws in and out?

These three are cats.

And no, Entei doesn't remind me of the alliance Lion, although Entei resembles a Lion.

And FYI, the cats were crap, the birds are way more awesome

*sigh* I am dumb
    Last edited by Pope; 2010-09-10 at 04:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    It's a really cool mount. But yea, it looks like Entei O.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    And FYI, the dogs were crap, the birds are way more awesome
    ... You just raged about how they're not dogs, yet you call them dogs anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because Entei is based of a lion, and so is the mount? Anyhow, I like the design, it's quite great.

It looks like a lion to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lion beats scorpion, both on looks and practicality. You loose, hordies
    "What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof."