Poll: Should the old PvP titles come back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Old PvP titles.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dear Blizzard,

Why can I not be a Unique snowflake.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

I wouldn't mind losing the uniqueness of my title if they allowed us to get amani war bear / plagued protos etc again.
    Last edited by itsar; 2010-09-10 at 07:11 PM.

Titles had nothing to do with being a 'good player'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined View Post
    Believe me...the new High Warlords/Grand Marshalls will be far more deserving of the title than those that "earned" them in Vanilla.
    As someone with a old PvP title, that's fine & you're right in a regard. Getting a higher ranking with the new system will take more skill then the old system. But that doesn't mean that the people who did get back then should get a big fuck you either. As I've said before, I don't care about being super cool and unique with the title, I just don't want to have to earn again what blizz said I've already earned before.

Quote Originally Posted by itsar View Post
    I wouldn't mind losing the uniqueness of my title if they allowed us to get amani war bear / plagued protos etc again.

I'm not sure Blizzard plans to bring those back (I wouldn't mind if they did, either), however they have stated that they're backing away from that design. They're considering making them become super rare drops when the encounters become trivialized, so that people can still attain them AND they're still rare.

---------- Post added 2010-09-10 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    As someone with a old PvP title, that's fine & you're right in a regard. Getting a higher ranking with the new system will take more skill then the old system. But that doesn't mean that the people who did get back then should get a big fuck you either. As I've said before, I don't care about begins super cool with the title, I just don't want to have to earn again what blizz said I've already earned before.

Mind explaining how they are? Where's the "fuck you" come in? It's not like they're taking the titles away from anybody.

In case there's some confusion, Blizzard stated the titles are yours to keep. Only the "Hero of the Alliance" and "Hero of the Horde" titles will be wiped each season.
    Last edited by loop not defined; 2010-09-10 at 07:11 PM.
    Nyuthing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godshot View Post
    ITT: people without old titles want titles...people with old titles want different new titles.
    more along the lines of: people who don't think they can earn the new titles want different ones...people who know they can are okay with bringing back the old titles.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll just say this: yeah, right. Getting to rank 14 was a matter of skill, not farming time...
    Oh, wait, it was JUST farming time.

The first R14 on my realm was a retarded mage that did nothing but AoE inside Alterac with no less than 10 from his guild healing and buffing him all the time. If that takes skill, my son is Jesus.

*At least* this time it will be somewhat related to your win/loss value. A welcome change, imo, and this comes from someone who was rank10 (and more proof of not requiring skill), so I'm not really whining to get something I didn't have :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I see NO point in Blizzard ever offering anything that seems exclusive.
    They always end up giving it to EVERYONE at some point anyway.

And they have a habit of treating Veteran Players like crap !!!!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kel- I agree with you. I have 3 friends who worked really hard to get HW .. I mean REALLY HARD to get HW. I remember going to class at 6am and seeing him still up in AB grinding his ass off. I remeber him missing parties on Sat nights because someone got to much honor the day b4 lol....I remember some people making deals on how much honor they would get that week. Good times Good times...I know that nothing last forever and some things must change but I would be hitting the roof right now if I had HW.

Quote Originally Posted by nvrsbr View Post
    I see NO point in Blizzard ever offering anything that seems exclusive.
    They always end up giving it to EVERYONE at some point anyway.

And they have a habit of treating Veteran Players like crap !!!!

How did they hurt you? They haven't hurt me and I've been playing since January 2005. Improving the game and adding more content is all I could ask for.
    Nyuthing!

Former R14 reporting for duty...while I would prefer for new up-and-comers to have new titles, it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. I'll respect the guys for their effort just like I hope they respect me for my efforts.

And for those tossing blanket labels out about the grind taking no skill, I take offense. Sure, the system was flawed, but I enjoyed the challenge of staying ahead of the curve. I joined and eventually inherited a team that rolled nubs and pre-mades alike, and it took skill and dedication to coordinate that effort. The no skill grinders who had to play 24/7 couldn't keep up with us doing 5-6 hours a day. That's no different than what new HWL's will do: build a great team, roll some folks, collect lewtz.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothe View Post
    Former R14 reporting for duty...while I would prefer for new up-and-comers to have new titles, it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. I'll respect the guys for their effort just like I hope they respect me for my efforts.

And for those tossing blanket labels out about the grind taking no skill, I take offense. Sure, the system was flawed, but I enjoyed the challenge of staying ahead of the curve. I joined and eventually inherited a team that rolled nubs and pre-mades alike, and it took skill and dedication to coordinate that effort. The no skill grinders who had to play 24/7 couldn't keep up with us doing 5-6 hours a day. That's no different than what new HWL's will do: build a great team, roll some folks, collect lewtz.

True, but the new system will filter out the no skill grinders which, in my experience, were more common than the legitimately good players that steam-rolled opposition. Grats to you, though, if you were able to pull off HWL without the 24/7 two- or three-shift account sharing thing many people I knew of tried.
    Nyuthing!

Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined View Post
    True, but the new system will filter out the no skill grinders which, in my experience, were more common than the legitimately good players that steam-rolled opposition. Grats to you, though, if you were able to pull off HWL without the 24/7 two- or three-shift account sharing thing many people I knew of tried.
    I can't say will for sure, eventually you'll have someone paying the server's best guild some cooky amount to let them join their premade. Every system can be compromised, old (certainly was) and new (certainly will be).

I think everyone can agree on this statement: People like having things that other people don't have, something rare or even unique, something that makes them stand out from the crowd, something different and special.

It's the same in WoW as it is in the real world. I like my vanilla pvp rank, and I only reached private, but the fact is I like being one of the few people with an old skool pvp rank. Yes I know its only a game, but I like having something few other have.

I am glad they're bringing them back. It was stupid to take them out, and they're some of the best titles. It's not like they were hard to get in Vanilla. And if you care THAT much, then ask people with their titles if they have the Feat. Problem solved, you do not deserve to be a beautiful and unique snowflake, kkthxbai.
    Garrosh Hellscream (Sketch).

Frostwyrm Deathwing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn View Post
    Blizzard are catering to casuals who dribble over the cool-looking titles too much now and this has really pissed me off. Hopefully they're at least extremely hard to get/keep, or I'm out.
    You were once a noob dribbling over PvP titles yourself. Why are toay's new players any different than you? Because they are younger?

Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn View Post
    Indeed it is, I want to show off ...
    enough said right there. you just want to flex your epeen and that's one of the things wrong with this game.

/thread

I've seen some people saying they "respect" titles in this thread. Am I the only one, which title I respect since my server was never one of the tops nor amazing, was Hand of A'dal from BC?

I still cannot grasp why people are upset over this. Blizzard took them out because they felt the existing PvP system was broken and unhealthy, and they wanted to fix it. They didn't take it out so you could have some special treat to cherish. Hell, if their first implementation hadn't been so destructive, they would have left it in.

Ask yourself this: if Blizzard had simply decided to take their lumps and leave the system in place until they could get something better in, would you still be offended? The PvP titles would be available right now, and would have been available for the entire duration of WoW. You would not be a unique snowflake. Everybody would have titles.

Instead, they decided to remove a system that created an unhealthy expectation for their players. They temporarily removed it because they didn't want their names plastered all over the news over another gamer fatality, some idiot starving himself to death trying to get High Warlord.
    Nyuthing!

Deleted
    Then give old PVE-titles too.

Scarab Lord
    Hand of A'dal
    Champion of the Naaru

Then it will be a fair trade.

Damn you Blizzard.