Lightbulb Riptide Glyph Idea

The current glyph as well has the revamped on come Cata increases the duration of the effect by X amount. Here's my idea of a glyph that potentiilly benefits in Pve, but also is amazing for pvp.

Glyph of Riptide:
    Decreases the duration of your Riptide spell by 5 second, but increases the initial healing by X%.

Viable tank healing, potentially more HPS in PvE, as well has increased surviability in pvp

Yes No?

It certainly makes it more of an 'on demand' heal. However, HoT's are going to be extremely powerful in the expansion. I'm not convinced that this idea or even the current glyph are what the ability needs. Frankly I have no idea what I would do for a glyph. But it needs something. This idea is much better for PvP than anything.

This idea is much better for PvP than anything.
    I understand HoTs will be extremely effective due to mana management being a must, but Cata seems like it may also be a pvp Xpac as well. Rated battlegrounds are gonna be the pvp version of raids. Maybe they could have two glyphs, one being the existing effect, and one with my idea. I just think it will boost shaman survivability which would be amazing at this point.