Thread: What next?

What next?

I think if I even looked at WoW another minute, I would throw up. Every other MMO that I have played since quitting that however gets old too quickly.

AoC: loved it for a while but population is too small and any mmo where combating factions can communicate with each other and understand each other just breeds drama and griefing.

Warhammer: Graphics were outdated right when the game came out and not enough players

Aion: All it's missing is My Little Pony unicorn mounts, and you have to abandon all hope for a real life if you want to make it anywhere in that game.

Where's the beacon of light in the MMO universe now? FF 14 is coming out soon and I'm tempted by that. FFXI was groovy enough for its time.. but frankly I'm tired of all these pretty MMO's where no one ever dies, they just get 'KO'd,' there's no blood because everyone's filled with candy canes and farts, and you fight squirrels and rabbits half the time.

As far as I'm concerned, AOC is the only mmo to come out of late that actually had a little balls. Where's the blood and the violence? I don't want to play an MMO that -tells- me there's some dark evil power destroying stuff. I wanna feel the dark. I shouldn't need to read some lengthy history to understand why this evil power is a concern. I should be able to take one look and say, 'Ah, my, that's some evil Sh#t right there!'
    Screw the little kids that are playing these games. They can go back to Hello Kitty Island adventure.

Isn't there anything worthwhile coming out in a fantasy MMO that isn't drenched in estrogen? Or do all game design teams have to check their balls at the door now?

haha, nice. I still Play AoC, albeit not as much as I used too. But it is still a fun game, and they have made a lot of improvements since it came out. My hopes of a visceral game is Warhammer 40k MMO, reading all the stuff form the devs it's looking to get a rated M. But of course it's still at least 2 years away. Too long to have to wait for what your looking for now. I feel for you tho.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Cedge View Post
    Warhammer: Graphics were outdated right when the game came out and not enough players
    Have you tried tweaking graphics settings of your video adapter? with max settings it looks much better than WoW.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2010-09-11 at 01:47 AM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Have you tried tweaking graphics settings of your video adapter? with max settings it looks much better then WoW.
    I ran warhammer pretty maxed out. I found it quite underwhelming considering WoW came out something like half a decade earlier. (And I'm not one to toot wow's horn) I think they should have made it a priority to produce a game that was comparable to the visual standards of the time in which it was released; not merely comparable to WoW, where the graphics are tolerated because of the community, and depth of experience.

AoC did a good job with it's graphics. I could run it on min settings, stand across the room squinting and still know that it's on a whole 'nother level from both those games.

That said, Warhammer did a decent job of portraying a world torn by war. It had a satisfactory amount of violence, even if it was too cartoony for my taste. ( got my fill of that from blizzard)

I have my hopes up for SW:TOR. An MMO with single player RPG elements such as dialogue seems like it can be really cool.

Have you looked into Requiem? It's a freebie.

I havent played it yet, but it's being sold as being very dark and bloody.

"Requiem: Memento Mori is a massively multiplayer online game for mature audiences that will immerse you into a dark world of bloodshed devastated by generations of scientific and magical abuse. You'll need to fight against the grotesque monsters that stalk the cursed land, and band together with your allies to survive against the stronger, bloodthirsty creatures that only prowl at night. Use a wide selection of weapons and the mysterious powers of Beast Possession to strike down your enemies and destroy evil. Requiem Online offers a refreshingly new approach to the MMOPRG genre with its grim, dark atmosphere and tense, blood splattering action."
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-09-11 at 02:39 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

just wait til nxt year a lot of decent mmos coming out that if marketed properly could prolly kill wow..but thats been said b4