Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Dark Transformation

I got to look at the new Dark Transformation Skill in action Today. When Doing Damage to a Target the Ghoul gets a Buff that increases Damage (I think it goes up to 50% increased Damage Total), and upon reaching 5 Stacks he Turns into -

I think it's Really sick. It looks really cool, and it does A LOT of Damage. I like it, and It's nice to see an actual Physical change.

Thoughts?

is it really a dps increase? cost a 1UH rune wouldnt ScourgeStrike better in pve?

Increasing a Ghouls Damage for thirty seconds is well worth it the SS would hit ONCE while the super-ghoul will continue DPSing at double capacity over the course of those 30 seconds it could easily replace the SS on damage making it a worthwhile investment .... that and... IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!
    Me and... what army? Bwahahaha....just you wait and ....see!!!
    *I can't cast that yet* ... once it's off CD ...=_='

15+ Year Old Account
    If you death coil while the transformation is active does the buff get refreshed?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    If you death coil while the transformation is active does the buff get refreshed?
    I'm not Sure, sorry. It's something I forgot to Ask.

i doubt it, that would be way too OP

Per Consider, the ghoul does not get additional stacks until the buff wears off.
    Last edited by Wingwraith; 2010-09-10 at 08:05 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I mentioned this in another thread, but I would like to see a minor glyph implemented into the game to change the empowered ghoul's appearance. Maybe into a Patchwerk or Rotface model.
    Needless to say, it looks pretty damn awesome. I'm looking forward to playing Unholy in Cataclysm.

thank you blizzard!!over wotlk we have been the most nerfed class EVER i want my uniqueness as a unholy dk back TY!!!now dont fuck this up like when u fuckec up the "rez as a ghoul" thing

Quote Originally Posted by delcatty View Post
    is it really a dps increase? cost a 1UH rune wouldnt ScourgeStrike better in pve?
    You'd use it in place of refreshing bone shield imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish you could do this to you Army too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxcis View Post
    You'd use it in place of refreshing bone shield imo
    Or not. Bone Shield is a Blood talent now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Mini Patchwerk or Rotface would be silly, and we're supposed to look scary.

Anyway, to refresh it you need to spend another Unholy rune to activate Dark Transformation again after stacking Shadow Infusion up to 5 again.

Deleted
    its gonna be awesome

Deleted
    The only problem is that after 30 seconds after Transformation the Ghoul disappears. And you have to wait for a CD before resummoning your Normal Ghoul back.

It disappeared for me atleast, could be a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    The only problem is that after 30 seconds after Transformation the Ghoul disappears. And you have to wait for a CD before resummoning your Normal Ghoul back.

It disappeared for me atleast, could be a bug.
    Most likely a bug. Otherwise it would be a pretty big dps hit when the ghoul wasn't active.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentreenay View Post
    hope they dont nerf this seeing as DKs are a hero class and therfor are ment to be a bit OP and uniequ
    please troll elsewhere.

I think it's one of the coolest things implemented in the expansion so far. Hopefully it'll stay, nerf or not.

Deleted
    Whats the transformation animation like?

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW...

Maybe I should level my DK instead of my ever-gimped Warrior for Cata.

DKs are getting some AWESOME spells and fun mechanics!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Wow untill I seen this in the blue post yesterday, I was thinking ill stop dks in cata but this looks so dam awsome even if it does get nerfed its so different and unique, will be nice for pvp to with a charge and still having stun