Lightning Bolt change

Seems no one noticed they changed the base cast time of lightning bolt to 2 seconds and Lava burst to 1.5 seconds, any one else have this happen or is it a bug in Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Buell View Post
    Seems no one noticed they changed the base cast time of lightning bolt to 2 seconds and Lava burst to 1.5 seconds, any one else have this happen or is it a bug in Beta
    Your prolly seeing the Passive bonus you get by choosing Elemental spec, which lowers LB, LvB, ChL cast down by 0.5 sec.
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/29065/

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    I've ran into far more stupid players.

OP, you'll never win in an argument with trolls/idiots/ret paladins/etc. etc. The best you can ever do is ignore it, or leave the group
    lol, ret paladins

nope i checked even

went resto spec and took all my gear off cast time was 2.o instead of 2.5

well thats awesome then xD

Quote Originally Posted by yuukou View Post
    well thats awesome then xD
    its not, hastecapping...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    its not, hastecapping...
    ... What?

You're saying a cast time reduction isnt good because at some point when very high gear you're afraid that haste won't be as valuable?

Combined with the fact that in Cataclysm, Blizzard is pushing for players never to actually readily reach caps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamless View Post
    ... What?

You're saying a cast time reduction isnt good because at some point when very high gear you're afraid that haste won't be as valuable?

Combined with the fact that in Cataclysm, Blizzard is pushing for players never to actually readily reach caps.
    You can say that last part again. Did you see how much mastery rating it took to get 1 mastery? Ridiculous. And I can't even imagine how hard it will be for crit/haste...

Though Reforging will probably lead to a greater chance of hard capping a stat.

... What?

Haste mixed with the scaling of the bolt now that it's 2.0 secs instead of 2.5(base). But then again if Eye of the Storm will make it live the scaling wont be any problem ^^

It's kinda annoing that they removed the talent.. with the new basic-casttime the scaling also changed...( I think )

I would assume it did (scaling) change with the cast time. Shorter/faster cast times ultimately mean terrible coefficients.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnober View Post
    It's kinda annoing that they removed the talent.. with the new basic-casttime the scaling also changed...( I think )
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux
    I would assume it did (scaling) change with the cast time. Shorter/faster cast times ultimately mean terrible coefficients.
    They said in Wrath beta when they removed the artificial coefficient from lightning bolt that they didn't really like spells having their own special coefficient different from the standard model. If they truly did change the coefficient of our spells with this change, lightning bolt goes from 71.4% to 57.1% and lava burst goes from 57.1% to 42.8%.
    Formerly known as Anaeradranax, Elemental Shaman of <The Nameless> US-Argent Dawn
    Formerly known as Fuzzytotems, Resto Shaman of <Bacon> US-Argent Dawn
    Former member of the Rawr Development Team

someone should ask that o official forums.. I mean.. it'll affect all casters^^

Quote Originally Posted by Finnober View Post
    someone should ask that o official forums.. I mean.. it'll affect all casters^^
    I'd test myself, but my connection takes ungodly amounts of time to download patches, so it'll be a few hours before I even have it up and running.
    Formerly known as Anaeradranax, Elemental Shaman of <The Nameless> US-Argent Dawn

... What?

LvB (or CL) is non-ele 1.5s, in ele with EotS 1s cast, ANY amount of haste, Bloodlust, WoA or Elemastery are pushing these spells over hard cap.

my beta LvB currently has 0.89somehting cast unbuffed, LB (admittedly at 83, but with quite alot ICC gear yet) has 1.24, LB and shocks are the only spells benefiting from it, it wont take a genius to figure out, that even on terrible levels of haste for 85, reaching LB haste cap with Bloodlust or even Elemastery wont be hard at all, making haste even less useful.

I assume there is either bug in EotS and all spells are becoming shorter cast, but we are loosing the castreduction part of EotS, or those spells shouldnt have had their cast time reduced at all, because this change would make haste bad stat very early in the expansion and for example LvB wouldnt scale with haste or crit at all and our mastery would become what haste was this expansion - nobrainer out of the tree secondary stats, way more powerful than crit or haste.

The bug on beta is that eye of the storm is staying permanent once you are elemental at any point. The spells have not actually been changed.

If they did... one more nerf for enhancement... This is so irritating and I'm having a hard time justifying dignifying these changes by continuing to play WotLK. I don't even want to log onto the beta any more.

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    If they did... one more nerf for enhancement... This is so irritating and I'm having a hard time justifying dignifying these changes by continuing to play WotLK. I don't even want to log onto the beta any more.
    It's not a change, it's a bug with eye of the storm, the elemental cast time reduction tree-feature. It permanently lowers your cast times by .5, even when you respec away from elemental, and if you stay elemental, it lowers them by another .5.