Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Soul Swap + Succy = PvP Awesomeness?

Anyone else see the viability in this for PvP?

Especially since Succy will be getting the AoE knockdown, making it a pretty awesome PvP pet.

Also, as far as I know, Soul Swap doesn't have a CD, so you can DoT up target, Soul Swap as your pet seduces. Charge up a SB or w/e and Soul Swap all the dots back on the target.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Also, as far as I know, Soul Swap doesn't have a CD, so you can DoT up target, Soul Swap as your pet seduces. Charge up a SB or w/e and Soul Swap all the dots back on the target.
    According to the tooltip, you cannot Soul Swap the same target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tustavus View Post
    According to the tooltip, you cannot Soul Swap the same target.
    Damn =(
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

making it a pretty awesome PvP pet.
    Eh. Not quite there.

Soul Swap doesn't have a CD
    It does.

so you can DoT up target, Soul Swap as your pet seduces. Charge up a SB or w/e and Soul Swap all the dots back on the target.
    Too much work for too little benefit IMHO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, Succy is my favorite PvP pet. They help out against the classes we have the most trouble with, Rogues, DKs and Warriors.

Fel Hunters are nice, but I can already kill pretty much any caster with or without one (except OP Mages, but then again, no class can kill those guys easily). Where as it's pretty much impossible for me to kill a Rogue without a Succy and a well placed portal.

Deleted
    Soul swap got no cd. you cant take from 1 mob and reapply to same. if you dont soul swap them to another target within i think it is 15sec you will lose all the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Eh. Not quite there.
    Wrong. Seduce is a very powerful CC especially considering you can use it while you are CC'd yourself, also the knockback ability she now has can be pretty useful.
    It does.
    Also wrong. It has no cooldown other the GCD.
    Too much work for too little benefit IMHO.
    Wrong again. Simple macro.

Soul Swap is a transfer mechanism, not one to store dots elsewhere.
    Therefore it cannot take dots off a target without another target to transfer them to.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Soul Swap is a transfer mechanism, not one to store dots elsewhere.
    Therefore it cannot take dots off a target without another target to transfer them to.
    You are also incorrect. Anybody else want to talk out of their ass about something they haven't been able to test for themselves?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroz View Post
    You are also incorrect. Anybody else want to talk out of their ass about something they haven't been able to test for themselves?
    'You instantly deal 167.45 damage, and removing your damage-over-time effects from the target.
    For 20 sec afterword, the next target you cast Soul Swap on will be afflicted by the damage-over-time effects and suffer 167.45 damage.
    You cannot Soul Swap to the same target.'

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...lock-Cataclysm

Thus it's a bug if you can reapply the dots to the original target. So good try.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they were thinking ahead when they made the rule about re-apply to the same target. Being able to take DoTs off feared / succ'd targets then just re-apply them with a touch of a button would just make it far too convenient to kite stuff around. Much like how a Mage could kite someone around indefinitely if their Sheep were to not regen people.

But, Soul Swap still is one of the best things they've done to the Warlock class. It's even better than Rogue Combo Point transfer. I see great use for it in PvP, you can see a low HP target & swap to take them down. You can fear a healer and remove their DoTs then throw them on a DPS that's become low on health. You can even let your friends cast debuffs on a healer & wait til they start throwing around dispels then Soul Swap them into a UA dispel.

The major glyph for it makes it where DoTs stay on the target. A GCD saved is another GCD that's useful.
    Last edited by Seraphk; 2010-09-11 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the above poster;

UA can still be cast on several targets. It was just a tooltip clarification that you cannot have both Immolate and UA on the same target nor that you can have more than one UA/Immolate on any one target.

Thus you can still cast 6 different UA on 6 different target. But not two UA on the same target (which never could anyway)

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    To the above poster;

UA can still be cast on several targets. It was just a tooltip clarification that you cannot have both Immolate and UA on the same target nor that you can have more than one UA/Immolate on any one target.

Thus you can still cast 6 different UA on 6 different target. But not two UA on the same target (which never could anyway)
    Really? Damn all the QQers on the forums.

So Soul Swap Glyph will be effectively transferring 3 DoTs from target to target without losing DoTs on the previous target. Oh oka.. In that case, definitely going to be nerfed. I need to go edit the post I just made in the glyph thread now on that.

Thanks for the info.

10+ Year Old Account
    It "succs"

Soul swap is actually pretty awsome and i definatly see it getting a lot of pvp action. One thing I did see too is if your target is about to die you can soul swap the dots off that target and put the preasure right on someone else. That alone is worth the price of admition.

Also the soul swapping on the same target happens sometimes on beta... just put a bug report in for it.

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    'You instantly deal 167.45 damage, and removing your damage-over-time effects from the target.
    For 20 sec afterword, the next target you cast Soul Swap on will be afflicted by the damage-over-time effects and suffer 167.45 damage.

Thus it's a bug if you can reapply the dots to the original target. So good try.
    You realize that has absolutely nothing to do with what he was saying, right? I know how it works, and what you posted is right, but this guy is saying that the spell does not actually remove the DoTs until you cast them on another target.

Maybe I just read what he said wrong, he worded that sentence really badly IMO.
    Last edited by Eroz; 2010-09-11 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...lock-Cataclysm

I believe his point was that you can still remove the DOTs from target 1, even if there isn't a target 2 to put them on.

If that's the case, the tooltip suggests he's right.

Of course, I could be wrong too. I'm not in the beta.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Eroz View Post
    You realize that has absolutely nothing to do with what he was saying, right? I know how it works, and what you posted is right, but this guy is saying that the spell does not actually remove the DoTs until you cast them on another target.

Maybe I just read what he said wrong, he worded that sentence really badly IMO.
    God damn those casuals and their utter refusal to ever complain as much as the so-called hardcores.

You can take dots from one target to another, then take those dots back and reapply them to the original.

There is now a glyph for soul swap allowing you to soul swap without removing all your dots on the target.

I misinterpreted the effect, thinking it was purely an immediate transfer, much like misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamtasticle View Post
    You can take dots from one target to another, then take those dots back and reapply them to the original.

There is now a glyph for soul swap allowing you to soul swap without removing all your dots on the target.
    Yeah, the glyph is really useful for questing/PvE but won't really be very good for PvP when you want to rip dots off of your target to be able to CC that target.