Deleted

Fire mage - Will FFB replace fireball?

Hey there

So im a fire mage in lvl 73 and will soon get FFB

My question is, when i hit lvl 75 and get FFB, will it replace my fireball or should i stick to fireball?

I like that it does both DoT and slow mobs down but i just dont know if its worth it.

Any mage advice here?
    Last edited by mmoc85011dd107; 2010-09-11 at 12:27 PM.

Yep, FFB should be your nuke

It looks much nicer, use it =P

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    It looks much nicer, use it =P
    Haha this is why I've stuck with FFB spec for dungeons! I know I could get more DPS with TTW but it looks so cool and 4.5k DPS is enough for heroics

Deleted
    Any reason why? Just wanna know the good and bad things thats all

Well because it does frostfire damage it will work against the mob's lower resistance so always do as much damage as it can. Not played in a little while but I think frostfire bolt does slightly less damage, however if you have frost talents and fire talents it is affected by both.

So if you are fully fire, fireball will do a bit more damage...
    But if you have some frost talents and some fire talents frostfire bolt will be powered by both and be a little better.
    Frostfire bolt I would say is also better for levelling because it slows enemies - meaning you are going to be hit less, which means less health lost, which means less time eating / dying =]

Deleted
    Well because it does frostfire damage it will work against the mob's lower resistance so always do as much damage as it can. Not played in a little while but I think frostfire bolt does slightly less damage, however if you have frost talents and fire talents it is affected by both.

So if you are fully fire, fireball will do a bit more damage...
    But if you have some frost talents and some fire talents frostfire bolt will be powered by both and be a little better.
    Frostfire bolt I would say is also better for levelling because it slows enemies - meaning you are going to be hit less, which means less health lost, which means less time eating / dying =]
    Well i have placed points in fire and into arcane since i didnt really needed the points in frost. At least i liked the arcane talents better for my gameplay

Since FFB do lesser dmg would it take more time to track mobs down or?

Well the difference in damage is not particularly high, each fireball might do 150-200 more damage than frostfire, so if you really want to do competetive dps or level as fast as you can that would be the better choice.

To be honest, when I got frostfire bolt I just randomly used that and fireball to keep things interesting - I hate using the same spell over and over again. But that's just me. Fireball = More damage = mobs dead quicker = faster levelling / dungeons completed faster, so if that is what you are looking for yes, use fireball =]

Deleted
    Well the difference in damage is not particularly high, each fireball might do 150-200 more damage than frostfire, so if you really want to do competetive dps or level as fast as you can that would be the better choice.

To be honest, when I got frostfire bolt I just randomly used that and fireball to keep things interesting - I hate using the same spell over and over again. But that's just me. Fireball = More damage = mobs dead quicker = faster levelling / dungeons completed faster, so if that is what you are looking for yes, use fireball =]
    Okay well i guess ill wait to 75 and see if its something for me or not. Its just nice to get a little info on the ability

15+ Year Old Account
    if your main spec is fire and your subspec is arcane, a fireball will do much MUCH more damage than a FFB.
    BfA Beta Time

For Leveling it's not a big enough difference to worry about it, in fact if you're fire you might want to use FFB first to get a slow off and ToTW if you have that and I know right now in beta you have to use FFB as main nuke if you're hellbent on leveling as fire because things just hit so hard when they reach you it's not doable without a slow.

But in black/white Terms, Fireball > FFB.

You can always do FFB to start when soloing for the slow effect, but yeah fireball will always do more damage in a fireball/ttw spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Frost has been the leveling spec of choice since....forever. The people laughing at you are wrath babies and should be treated the same way David Hasslehoff treats his body: with no respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Endgame you'll see a Fireball spec performing better than a Frostfire spec.
    The only thing better about a FFspec is the less-brutal hit cap. 14% instead of the full 17%.

Sometimes I worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophrr View Post
    She can write a book about Druids! And call it... *sunglasses* ...'Eclipse'.
    YEEEAAAHHH

diarrhea poop poopadoop

---------- Post added 2010-09-11 at 09:36 PM ----------

dsdfdfs

Levelling as a Mage with quests no matter what level you are you should always be Frost - Its not really an opinion its just a fact that its by far the best spec to quest with ( Blame Blizzard ). However if your question relates to Random Dungeon levelling then yes you should switch to a Frost/Fire spec. its more than likely more mana efficient, plus FFB costs less than FB and icey veins can be a nice cooldown on bosses more so than Combustion (In most cases). Plus the slow/snare effect from FFB is useful to in some cases.

P.S. yes FFB does less dmg in most cases than FB but its only marginal and at your gear level it won't make a significant difference
    "This World Will Burn"

15+ Year Old Account
    the man is sub-specced into arcane, which has 2 talents that boost fireball damage significantly, and he's main specced into fire. all in all, a fireball will be hitting much harder than a FFB if used with that spec.
    BfA Beta Time

Pulling with FFB and switching to FB spam would be a pretty good alternative imo

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.