Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Is Blizzard homophobic?

Serious question. I can't think of a single powerful gay lore character, during TBC beta they took away all the gay jokes from blood elves and like quadrupled their musculature, and now they replaced Theralion's voice with a generic dragon voice.

I don't know about anybody else but I would love to see a gay faction leader or something. Not only would it send a message of tolerance but it could potentially draw in new players. My best friend, for one, said he would join then.

Deleted
    Blood elf's = gay

Deleted
    If its that important to someone, they're just flaunting.

Deleted
    I think removing gay jokes is a good thing rather than being homophobic. Gay jokes can be fairly insulting to homosexuals.

Besides, in that quest in Badlands (spoiler ->) where the orc tells his story and he can only rescue one person, you get a choice to rescue a guy and 'share some intimate moments', just like with the women.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowy View Post
    Serious question. I can't think of a single powerful gay lore character, during TBC beta they took away all the gay jokes from blood elves and like quadrupled their musculature, and now they replaced Theralion's voice with a generic dragon voice.

I don't know about anybody else but I would love to see a gay faction leader or something. Not only would it send a message of tolerance but it could potentially draw in new players. My best friend, for one, said he would join then.
    What is this i don't even.....

Who says there has to be gay people in WoW ever?

grotty

Your best friend will join if there's a gay faction leader? Wow, that's the worst bloody reason to play this game that I've ever heard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Who says there has to be gay people in WoW ever?
    Who said there had to be straight people in WoW :S

Deleted
    There may or may not be powerful gay in universe characters (I don't know) but theres enough lesbian elves and spacegoats out there, thats for sure.

Kek.

The fact they don't make a big deal out of trying to make the game equal in every way shows they don't give a shit what sexual orientation you are

If they were banning people for discussing same sex relations, that would be homophobic..

Have you ever considered that the gay jokes might be insulting for those who are homosexual?

Deleted
    From the 10x faction leader only 2 are known to have a lover and only 1 has a kid.
    Now the other 8 might me gay/lesbo just not showing it ?
    Who knows what Jaina and Sylvanas did while undercity was captured by that dreadlord.
    Also the Belf leader looks pretty gay to me.
    And considering the fact that IRL i dont think there was a Homosexual president/quene/king until now I dont think is that bad dosent have an important leader thats homosexual.
    And than again like what % of the ppl in the whole world are homosexuals 2%? I dont think you find alot of them in Africa or Asia the only places where homosexual ppl are about 4-5% if even that much of the population are USA and EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    I think removing gay jokes is a good thing rather than being homophobic. Gay jokes can be fairly insulting to homosexuals.

Besides, in that quest in Badlands (spoiler ->) where the orc tells his story and he can only rescue one person, you get a choice to rescue a guy and 'share some intimate moments', just like with the women.
    I thought it was trying to trick me into forgetting the Bros before Hoes saying. But it was a trap, I jumped off the bike and fell to my death.

Deleted
    And also, they could be gay faction leaders...They just maybe dont have the stereotypical TV personality.

Maybe there are gay characters.. they're just not all up in your face about it (like real gays are, not the ones going through a phase). Just because someone's not all camp + flamboyant doesn't mean they aren't gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do you know theraluíon was gay just because of his voice. there's a differance beetween flamboyant and homosexual.

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

I'm sure adding homosexuals to wow is going to raise it's popularity immensely....
    Just no, why would WoW want to send a message of tolerance? Or, why should they? If they do, they do. if they don't, o well. On a side note, im pretty sure Thrall is gay for Garrosh so there you go.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Who said there had to be straight people in WoW :S
    WoW might be fantasy, but if there were only gay people and the races still survived, I don't think the lore would be appreciated by the majority. In other words, modern culture.

10+ Year Old Account

They made BE males more masculine due to player feedback, just like they're redoing male Worgen because players thought they looked like cats. Blizz is a business, and caters to the largest margins of its consumer base.

That said, there's no reason to think that Blizz is homophobic. Maybe they just don't want to comment on the issue because it's mostly irrelevant to the game. Maybe they don't want to 'stir the pot' on an issue that they don't want to focus on. Either way, a lack of 'gay content' does not make Blizz 'anti-gay.'

15+ Year Old Account
    Think of the faction leaders as modern celebrities, whose to say that like those celebrities they can't be leading a double life, one filled with an abundance of wang or vajayjay and one that they show to the masses who come by daily to receive their shitty level 16 quests.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.