Poll: Cataclysm preorder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i might not play Catalysm because i'm burnout with WoW. I have been playing since 2005, time for me to relax from WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Sitting outside of wal-mart with fellow WoW playes all night long is the best.
    I actually agree with this, which is why I'm trying to get my funds together and preorder at a fairly common place like gamestop or ebgames, as last year we all had to wait(and I went with 4 others), but the preorders got to cut to first in line.

I also remember some guy walking down the line going "anyone want 7 70's? selling 7 70's! anyone?" while everyone just looked at him with disgust XD

---------- Post added 2010-09-11 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Risktaker View Post
    i might not play Catalysm because i'm burnout with WoW. I have been playing since 2005, time for me to relax from WoW.
    It's better polish-wise than BC and Wrath combined +5. The lore seems easier to follow and the new ui features across the board are all awesome. I was about burnt out on wow a week ago until I got my beta key, now I'm a bit worried I'm too addicted again :P
    Last edited by Taiki420; 2010-09-11 at 05:11 PM.
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered a collector's edition from Amazon.com. This will be my first collectors edition of WoW (I've been playing since very late vanilla.) I've never been more excited for WoW like I have now.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, dont go by anyone else release date, as it says it's 'estimated'
    Just wait for Blizz to make the announcement, I just thought I'd put it out there.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Pre-ordered a CE through Amazon. For like 5ish bucks they will offer release day shipping when applicable. Don't do it through Gamestop online, you will pay more in taxes than same-day shipping at Amazon AND it will take forever for it to arrive unless you pay big bucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I pre-ordered a collector's edition from Amazon.com. This will be my first collectors edition of WoW (I've been playing since very late vanilla.) I've never been more excited for WoW like I have now.
    I have a collectors edition of every WoW, but as like you I feel excited the most about this one.

Preordered special edition weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Sitting outside of wal-mart with fellow WoW playes all night long is the best.
    but aren't almost all wal-marts open 24 hours?
    i was thinking about preordering the CE from amazon, but what i really want to know is when would i receive it? is it shipped on release day, or a couple days before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Deleted
    For all those people waiting till they know a date, I'd act fast because they will run out of copies soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickin View Post
    Just preordered cataclysm collectors edition, anyone else preordered cataclysm or thinking about it?
    I did this in early August. Pre-ordered Cata like in June...GameStop called and I upgraded to Collector's Edition in Aug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered Cataclysm as soon as it was available, but then as soon as the Collector's Edition came out, I switched my order to that one and added overnight shipping

Deleted
    I preordered Cata, Collectors Edition. But if you're gonna go with the normal edition, I don't think you'll have to pre order it. Depends on where u live and how good the game stores are at your location I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki420 View Post
    Do they normally sell out? And how close to launch did wotlk sell out?
    I'd hurry and try to get a pre-order in asap, the Gamestop I pre-ordered mine at said I was lucky to have placed my order the day after it was announced, they sold out of pre-orders 4 hours after I had put mine in. Good luck to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FullPunkFatigue View Post
    I'd hurry and try to get a pre-order in asap, the Gamestop I pre-ordered mine at said I was lucky to have placed my order the day after it was announced, they sold out of pre-orders 4 hours after I had put mine in. Good luck to you.
    Wow, with those kind of pre-order numbers, we might have a new best selling PC game this year.

But WoW expansions always sell huge. tBC and even WotLK sold millions in the first hours of release.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki420 View Post
    Do they normally sell out? And how close to launch did wotlk sell out?
    It won't sell out. It's just nice to pay for it online and quickly pickup a box at the store. If you're at a big box retailer, the game is up front waiting for you too.

I'll probably do Cataclysm pretty close to launch. I just pre-ordered my Halo copy at BB for Tuesday, but really only did that because I got a free $20 gift card for doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FullPunkFatigue View Post
    Man I had the money a week ago but put it off and now I'll need another week to be close to getting it again. I will take your offer of luck to the counter top at gamestop! (and hopefully it will sway magical forces to keep a copy for me)
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

The Wotlk collectors sold out in 2 days, but that was because they didnt make enough of them.
    And I went to 3 gamestops and they all said the same thing, that it was in november, but one guy there said that he was following how blizzard worked, and he mentioned that even if Blizzard said it would be out in 2010, depending on how well Starcraft 2 still does, we may not see it until early 2011.

OT: I reserved mine the day it was availabe =)

The CE for Lich King sold out on amazon weeks after it was announced. I don't know how quickly, just that I tried ordering it 3 weeks after and I got denied. CE's are easy to get after the launch, but the big key is getting part of the initial launch shipment. You gotta pre-order if you want the CE opening day, its as simple as that.

I wouldn't bother with pre-ordering unless they give you something special with it (which they won't), or you want the collector's edition.

When BC came out, I ordered for in store pickup, and well I just could have walked in the same day and picked it out from the display at the front of the store with no issues. There's 6 stores with in 20 minutes I could go pick it up at.

WOTLK I bought online.

I'll preorder once there is a definite release date down. Then collector's edition will be in my hands that night at 12:05 probably.