Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raid UI for retri

D'you think its a good raid UI? If not please say whats missing. The middle bar is for fast clicks like bubble, Loh etc.

Increase UI scape, hide useless bottom bar, bag bar, character bar and aura bar
    Get Grid, bind the shit thats in the middle and get CLCRet, then you can hide the rest of the bars if you want

pretty much what Xs said. Scale your UI down and bind everything, Shift + numbers E, Q, R, T, F, G, V all these are easy to use keys, plus shift and those keys! Lots of possible keybindings ^.^

What ress you running at?

i have grid, but i only use it for holy spec

Deleted
    Also you can get threat plugin for recount and remove Omen, get addon that displays all bags as one to hide bag bar, get some addon that will make unit frames less bloated (here is a pro tip: 3D portraits is NOT less bloated). But first things firs, scale down your UI.

Scale it down, everything is huge.

Keybinds are key for retri make movement fights a crapload easier.

Are you using any addons to see when you have an AoW proc?

Other than that, your good.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Also you can get threat plugin for recount and remove Omen, get addon that displays all bags as one to hide bag bar, get some addon that will make unit frames less bloated (here is a pro tip: 3D portraits is NOT less bloated). But first things firs, scale down your UI.
    Better than that, just switch to Skada entirely. It uses fewer cpu cycles and takes less memory.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Deleted
    And get Skinner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    Ummmm... whee is the Ui scaling thing?
    From the post below, Escape>Video> [*tick*] UI Scale, turn it right down
    Last edited by mmoc137b824e63; 2010-09-11 at 07:13 PM.

Ummmm... whee is the Ui scaling thing?

- Buy a wide screen
    - Hide recount (never understood why so many people want to drool at it in combat)
    - Start using your grid. Just because you're ret doesn't mean it's acceptable to be unable to use hand spells etc.
    - Hide Blizz's standard party bar
    - Get CLCret or figure out some other way to keep track of your abilities closer to the middle of the screen
    - Stop clicking. No really. Just stop

My current UI, still has some stuff that needs playing with but mostly fine
    Quartz's debuffs are usually turned off, just from my last Oculus run
    Grid bottom right with slot for Recount to the right, Omen above growing off of the main bar
    All buttons are hidden besides bar 1, without that it looks too plain. Party bars are in the standard slot with same skin as main bars

You say you use Grid for Holy but paying attetion to your raid's health as Ret is almost as important, and Grid takes up so little space its not worth getting rid of it

To answer above
    UI scale is in the video Options, the lower the number the smaller your UI elements and the more space
    And Skinner uses quite a stupid amount of memory for the small difference it makes, and when it bugs out it looks terrible

Quote Originally Posted by manageri View Post
    - Buy a wide screen
    - Hide recount (never understood why so many people want to drool at it in combat)
    - Start using your grid. Just because you're ret doesn't mean it's acceptable to be unable to use hand spells etc.
    - Hide Blizz's standard party bar
    - Get CLCret or figure out some other way to keep track of your abilities closer to the middle of the screen
    - Stop clicking. No really. Just stop
    not clicking, clcret is for noobs

15+ Year Old Account
    ClCRet can track all your ICDs on trinkets, as well as watch your SoV stacks on multiple targets.

Deleted
    No, CLCret is a good addon, makes it so you don't have to sit looking at your bars

The fact you have keybinds shown and non on your middle bar and say that you have them there for clicking says different

CLCRet helps you fine tune your rotation, without having to worry about it on the fly, provided you don't follow it blindly almost anyone will get a DPS boost out of it
    Last edited by Xs; 2010-09-11 at 07:17 PM.

You don't need CLCret but you need some way to keep an eye on your rotation without looking all the way down to the bottom of your screen. I personally have scaled down action bars to the left and right of my char with all my spells on them so I can easily keep an eye on all the cooldowns.

Edit:
    Which reminds me, I recommend getting a health bar closer to the middle as well and make some addon alert you when you're low (Mik's scrolling battle text does this by default).
    Last edited by manageri; 2010-09-11 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    totally off topic: you did a good job on blanking out the names, but you missed one. the DK that precious is targeting.

i have grid, but i only use it for holy spec
    Get a bigger monitor.

Grid + Mouseover Macros for BoP/Salv/HoF w/e

Any addon that makes the game easier if more than welcome IMO, who cares if it makes the class even easier than it already is. An advantage is an advantage. Stop using DBM, it's for noobs.... same concept.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Ronark; 2010-09-11 at 08:37 PM. Reason: This is still apublic board, watch the language