What ever happened to account-wide achievements!?

I don't remember if it was back during Blizzcon '09 or some random blue post, but didn't blizzard say that they planned on making it so that achievements are account-wide(B.net)?

What ever happened with that? I haven't see any scrapping or continuing information on that.

I would have loved it! I know myself and a lot of other people would switch their mains so much easier if they didn't have server-first or hard to get achievements tied to that one character.

I'd love to have an ironbound or icebound mount on my alts. Or "Light of dawn", 'Grand Crusader" on my other characters. I mean I am still the one who put in effort for those achievements.

TL;DR
    What ever happened to the idea, and would you approve?

They said it was on their "to do" list but it wasn't their top priority so I wouldn't be surprised to see it after cata comes out and the balancing issues are dealt with but its definitely coming at some point
    "Oh Look its Captain AFK Himself" -Ecobodia

Deleted
    Too hard to implemend ATM, and its "not on the top of their priority list"...i hate that phrase.

The tech is not the issue, Starcraft 2 already did that, it's more a 'what will we put into account wide achievements' thingy, which will take time.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.