Deleted

Payment method block for all cards

Since I'll probably need an active account to go on the PTR soon. I figured I might buy some game time, my account is currently frozen (EU).

Though, when I want to add a payment method (Visa, or any other card for that matter) it always says "Payment Method Blocked" and links to me billing support.

Adding a Pre-paid game card works fine, but I don't have one and I can't go out and get one any time soon, nor do I see why I should, when I should be able to just as easily pay with my Visa card.

So, does anyone know why?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be honest, I have no idea. I've personally never heard of something like that. Might be something with your bank (I.E you might have to authorize online payments or something.)
    "I do not concern myself with gods and spirits, either good or evil, nor do I serve any."

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    But yeah, I'll give you Glwys' soul in exchange for answers, Boub!
    And that's how I lost my soul...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glwys View Post
    I'm going to be honest, I have no idea. I've personally never heard of something like that. Might be something with your bank (I.E you might have to authorize online payments or something.)
    Can't be, cuz I don't even get the chance to enter any card..

+bump, anyone got any ideas?

Deleted
    I had the same problem when my bank didnt accept one monthly renewal. I sent an email to billing support and they enabled the credit card option. It took 2 weeks to happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Astug View Post
    Can't be, cuz I don't even get the chance to enter any card..

+bump, anyone got any ideas?
    Google has some ideas. Try searching "World of Warcraft payment method blocked".

Deleted
    You can buy game time from the blizzard store and they will send you the code.

You don't need an active account to get on the PTR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    You don't need an active account to get on the PTR.
    Oh, I thought u did. I google'd it and found an old FAQ about it, are you sure?
    Last edited by mmoc9e3819584c; 2010-09-12 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfiend View Post
    You can buy game time from the blizzard store and they will send you the code.
    Cool...wait, don't I need a card to pay for it again ?

Blizzard sometimes block certain payment methods after the account have been hacked or compromised!

Happend to me once after i got my acc hacked. When I tried to setup a subscription 3 months later, paying with credit card wasn't a valid method for that acc! I contacted support and they sorted it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertwells View Post
    Blizzard sometimes block certain payment methods after the account have been hacked or compromised!

Happend to me once after i got my acc hacked. When I tried to setup a subscription 3 months later, paying with credit card wasn't a valid method for that acc! I contacted support and they sorted it out.
    I know, I read that on billing support, tho my account hasn't been hacked or compromised, it has been frozen for almost 3 months now. I'll try contacting support than, thanks.

Tho, can any1 else confirm that you don't need an active account to go on the PTR?

Deleted
    maybe your account was hacked while it was frozen?

I think Blizz is having issues with online billing atm, my brother and I had our accounts frozen because we didnt pay even though our credit cards have more than enough money on them and they are set to auto pay every month. We just went and bought a couple game cards and used them to reactivate our accounts.

Edit: Account has to have been active a few weeks before PTR was put up, "Note: Only World of Warcraft accounts which have been upgraded with The Burning Crusade expansion, and which have been active since a few weeks before this public test phase are currently eligible to participate on the public test realm. If your account was not active during this time, you will not be able to log in to the test realms. Please do not contact Blizzard about eligibility." found under PTR character copy buttons.
    Last edited by Ajhad; 2010-09-12 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had it happen to me when the monthly subscription could not be deducted from account automatically (bank's fault by the way cause they had technical issues). But from that moment you are kind of a 'unreliable' subscriber and you cannot use any other payment method than gamecard. Was fixed after calling to Customer support. Explained what went wrong. They removed the 'flag' from my account and I was able to select Direct Debit again...

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Had it happen to me when the monthly subscription could not be deducted from account automatically (bank's fault by the way cause they had technical issues). But from that moment you are kind of a 'unreliable' subscriber and you cannot use any other payment method than gamecard. Was fixed after calling to Customer support. Explained what went wrong. They removed the 'flag' from my account and I was able to select Direct Debit again...
    This. Happenend to me aswell. But because I played for such a long time and I always paid, they approved my card again.