Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    "with large grin" EXELLENT now next step take over the world!!!!! after probibly a 12 hour download....

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaros View Post
    any idea if the worlds been sundered in the PTR and we have old weather flying yet?
    no they have not.

    and they will not with this PTR.

    The purpose of this PTR is to test out the new talent trees and new internal systems and UI changes. no World Changes at all.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by pomop View Post
    Blizz already said that combos will be coming in the patch, but Worgen and Goblin are coming with cataclysm.
    they are not avaible in the ptr tho

  4. #24
    this is awesome

    cant wait to test it all

    i asume that all the lvl 1-60 zones have changed so i cna "test" those?

    awesome that i got up now.. so i can dl. shame i gotta go to work for the next 14 hours cu later guys!

    btw for you curious people the updater says playable at 7,2 GB (and total download 15gb) and im downloading with 2.7 mb per sec atm

    this downloader completely looks like cataclysm... even says beta build ect but i guess thats the only difference :P

  5. #25
    seriously ive been waiting for this for a while screw beta i still get in so HA. sticks out tongue

  6. #26
    The Cataclysm changes to land are not on the PTR. All you pretty much do is test the new interface, talents, etc.

    The PTR download was pretty quick though... about 2.3mb/s.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    this is awesome

    cant wait to test it all

    i asume that all the lvl 1-60 zones have changed so i cna "test" those?

    awesome that i got up now.. so i can dl. shame i gotta go to work for the next 14 hours cu later guys!

    btw for you curious people the updater says playable at 7,2 GB (and total download 15gb) and im downloading with 2.7 mb per sec atm

    this downloader completely looks like cataclysm... even says beta build ect but i guess thats the only difference :P

    The 1-60 content isn't in the PTR, basically it's just UI and Talents/Specs that are being tested with some other basic stuff. No Flying in Azeroth either :/

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral furydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,099
    well too bad i can't get the PTR to get past 4% to install it.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,114
    The client is 16mb because it downloads the entire 4.0.1 PTR client using the new streaming launcher. The PTR client is actually smaller than the live client.

    It does not include the new quests, the new class/race combos, the new races, the new zones, the revamped versions of zones, the new professions, or anything of that nature.

    It does include new class mechanics, UI features, and some other things which will be implemented before the launch.


    Allegedly, the "Cataclysm launch patch" will be 4.0.3.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    It doesn't need to now. The crit chances at level 85 are like 5%.

    Crit reduction is basically built-in.
    Crit chance goes down with each level - duh. Level 85 gear with proper stats is nearly non existent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    It means PVE not PVP.
    It says "opponents" not NPCs - L2 read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

  11. #31
    good news everyone!

  12. #32
    Just tanked a random on the PTR with my own char copied over (not a premade). Never again. I really hope that dungeons become deadly for dps when they pull agro. I was busy half the time spamming taunt on mobs that were running all over the place. I feel like I have nearly no agro at all. Thunder clap hits for 300. I had a shield slam hit for 500...

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The client is 16mb because it downloads the entire 4.0.1 PTR client using the new streaming launcher. The PTR client is actually smaller than the live client.

    It does not include the new quests, the new class/race combos, the new races, the new zones, the revamped versions of zones, the new professions, or anything of that nature.

    It does include new class mechanics, UI features, and some other things which will be implemented before the launch.


    Allegedly, the "Cataclysm launch patch" will be 4.0.3.
    new race/class combos aren't comming in the pre-cata patch after all?
    Yes, I am an Horde fanboy
    Yes, I am an Alliance fanboy
    No, I'm not gonna miss 50% of the game for some stupid ridiculous faction fight

  14. #34
    Looks like you can't make a Premade toon at this stage. You can only copy over one of your toons from live.

    So you will have to wait a day while it copies it over.

  15. #35
    Seems a waste if they cant stress test all the old world changes, tbh.

  16. #36
    High Overlord drsjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada B.C.
    Posts
    154
    wow wasn't expecting this so guess i have to work even harder now to get friendly with goblin towns again and not hated

  17. #37
    Man that's a hefty sized Patch. Well this is gonna be one of those "Let it download over night deals" for me. I don't have the energy to stay up any longer just to log into the PTR and then go right to sleep.

    But yay! I get to get a taste of what the new hunter resource feels like.

  18. #38
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Durability: cloth, leather, and mail now have as many points of durability as plate, making the repair cost on death much closer to equal for all classes.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    no they have not.

    and they will not with this PTR.

    The purpose of this PTR is to test out the new talent trees and new internal systems and UI changes. no World Changes at all.

    sad panda is me, i'll still grab it and play around with the talents

  20. #40
    High Overlord Parhadox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    177
    Has anyone been stuck @ 4% and then fixed? I'm looking at that number 4 with murderous intent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •