Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    lol, no. it's a 112 mb download. if you have wotlk installed, the ptr installer will get the files he needs from you local install.
    The smaller download is the installer. When that finishes you'll go into the full download, which is, as said, much larger. The new launcher doesn't pull files from the Wrath folder and has to download them all fresh.

Deleted
    Thank God for truly uncapped Internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    lol, no. it's a 112 mb download. if you have wotlk installed, the ptr installer will get the files he needs from you local install.
    Incorrect, the file to START the patching process is 112 mb.

I would NOT use the PTR if I had a download cap, because what happens if they release the patch before your month is up. You'd be screwed out of WoW for a few weeks when all your guildies are having lots of fun with the new features.

10+ Year Old Account
    You poor guys ( and girls ) I have unlimited DL limit but speed is tad low 10mbps down , 800 kbps up as I don't have access to optic where I live but if I do get it then speed would be 100mbps up/down . At least for now I can download that fairly rapidly unless someone wanna watch TV (eats 40% of line).

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Downloading limits still exist? I think we had those too, twelve years ago...

Sweden FTW, downloading at 4MB/sec

Quote Originally Posted by Daphna Faldor View Post
    What? Downloading limits still exist? I think we had those too, twelve years ago...
    welcome to australia and NZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..Ever heard of many pepole downloading a PTR becuse they have't got beta and reading on mmo-champion or other wow fan-sites?
    i have..and i like it!

Blizzard wants to test the new Streaming Launcher & Game client, thats why you have to download everything again.
    Hopefully when Cata is released the Launcher will be smart enough to convert the current data files into the new format so we don't have to download everything again

I currently have a 60Mbit/s connection with unlimited bandwidth. I'm not sure how any of you survive on 25gigs a month; I use more then 60 gigs a day between the 6 people in this house hold.

Indeed. I was shocked when I read the OP's post. Feel for you man, and all the others with download limits.

yay for 500 posts
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    im downloading the ptr and its saying ive got 15.6 gig left to download.
    Thats 15 out of 25gig s out of my months downloads gone (i live in aus)
    How can this be right? the blue posts say it doesnt include revamped zones and quests and all that. Just pretty much the new class abilities and skills.
    As far as I know, no blue post said it doesn't include the revamped zones.

The files for the new zones are in with the patch, it's just they aren't available yet. Just like what Tom Chilton said in that interview, patch 4.0 will come out, but the new zones will not be there, and after several weeks when the "Cataclysm" happens, the new zones will be "activated".

10+ Year Old Account
    160Gb a month.... PCHEW

40/60mbit download (It's 40mbit only from 18:00 to 24:00 o'clock) unlimited. My building is connected to an optical fiber network that goes through underground shafts under the entire city.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-09-12 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys know that you can play while you download? You won't have every feature but at least you can play.

Our internet might be slow compared with the rest of the world but at least we can get as much of it as we want. I would prefer unlimited slow internet to fast but limited. to a certain extent anyway.
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

I don't think I had that on my ISDN.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Just like beta, the PTR download is the entire game client.
    this.

At least be glad you dont have to redownload several times due to bugs/issues with launcher like some people had to in beta

Got a 30Mb/s line with unlimited download, well FUP... My ISP doesn't like me downloading tons of stuff on a sunday. But screw it, tomorrow is reset day anyway ^^

$15/month, 10Mbit unlimited, :P