Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    - Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Half-orc

Actually, wasn't Garona a half-orc?
    Garona Halforcen is part-orc part-draenei. However, she and all others long time believed that she is half human/half orc, until someone revealed her true mother's race. Or smthing like that

Deleted
    Med'an -His mother, Garona is half-orc, half-draenei while his father, Medivh is fully human making him Half-Human, Quarter-Orc, Quarter-Draenei

half human, quarter orc, close enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine Thrall & Jaina having a child
    ...and there goes my night's rest.

Thank you.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thrall & Jaina having a child isn't impossible

Garona & Medivh had a Child together, so it wouldn't be a stretch.

Edit: Granted, Garona isn't a full orc, she was "bred" via Orc + Draenei

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niehan View Post
    I don't understand how races can interbreed. Humans in real life are very closely related to Chimpanzees for example, sharing over 98%-99% of their DNA with them but can't breed with them.
    That's a popular statement in the media but not very popular with geneticists. The whole genomes have never really been compared, only select regions already known to be similar have been examined, and the data is heavily biased. And the chimpanzee genome hasn't even been sequenced yet; the project is still ongoing. Extremely large blocks of dissimilarity exist on a number of key chromosomes, including marked structural differences between the entire male Y chromosomes, so yeah, there's ALOT of work to be done before you can say an extremely general statement like "humans and chimps are 99% similar". /rant

OT: Let's not mix bad genetics with WoW :P
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niehan View Post
    I think your thinking of Baboon, not chimps.
    Ah, yes. Even though it was a Chapelle quote, it would appear that I'm not as well versed in the different types of monkey booty.

Wouldnt surprise me if we see a knaakification coming up soon...
    I got news for you! You are main nao, you belong to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    You'd think that creatures from two entirely different planets would be incompatible with each other for breeding purposes. After all even various creatures here on Earth can't breed each other, or we'd have minotaurs and sheepmen stomping around all the more rural areas.
    Ah, the key thing here is that creatures on Azeroth were made by Titans, or at least altered by them, I'd Expect the same for Draenor too.
    The rascally titans must have thought it would be cool to allow humanoids cross-breeding.

And some creatures on earth can, Tigers and Lions can for example. (due to there being enough similarities.)
    Last edited by GeorgeParty; 2010-09-12 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParty View Post
    Ah, the key thing here is that creatures on Azeroth were made by Titans, or at least altered by them, I'd Expect the same for Draenor too.
    The rascally titans must have thought it would be cool to allow humanoids cross-breeding.

And some creatures on earth can, Tigers and Lions can for example. (due to there being enough similarities.)
    Though that leads to sterility, which admittedly could be a well played bit of info. Perhaps a latent gene of sterility, so second or third generation half-breeds would become sterile or perhaps even sickly for certain non-optimal pairings (ie Orcs and Ogres fine, Orcs and Gnomes not so). This would prevent the races from amalgamating.

Also, if their was some sort of innate bonus to half-breeds if there is ever a new Warcraft RTS (I want it so bad, but I think I want a different engine)

Also List of my Optimal Pairings:
    Orcs and Ogres; both are Draenic races and have any obvious line of genetic offspring (Mok'nathal)
    Humans Dwarves and Gnomes; as these three have the same titan origin it could be safe to assume they are optimal breeding.
    X Elf and Y Elf: Elf all the way through
    Troll and X Elf: Entirely plausible that Trolls are the progenitors of all elves. Not guaranteed but plausible.

Poor Tauren has to go have a cow man.