Cataclysm release time line

Can anyone tell me what events are lined up before the release of cataclysm and how we can predict the expansion is nearer by these events being released?

For example; alpha -> beta -> beta patches -> PTR -> ?? -> ?? -> cata released

since the ptr is now up i dont realy see it being more than 6 weeks before it is live and from then about a month till cata.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha -> beta -> beta patches -> PTR -> Blizzcon -> Pre cata event -> cata released
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotoads
    also i vote that warriors have a 10% chance to trip while charging and roll until you hit a wall or fall off a cliff!

Deleted
    Blizzcon will probably announce the release date and show us the cinematic. But the next logical step after PTR would be patch 4.0 and then the release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    since the ptr is now up i dont realy see it being more than 6 weeks before it is live and from then about a month till cata.
    I agree with this, actually. Probably about 6 weeks on the PTR and 1 month to expansion, if it follows the previous expansion.

I heard rumours that pre-cataclysm patch will hit us live during September? Is this false

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethell View Post
    I heard rumours that pre-cataclysm patch will hit us live during September? Is this false
    seeing as we just got the troll and gnome event i doubt it. These 2 events will most likley last for all of september.
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotoads
    also i vote that warriors have a 10% chance to trip while charging and roll until you hit a wall or fall off a cliff!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davhorn View Post
    seeing as we just got the troll and gnome event i doubt it. These 2 events will most likley last for all of september.
    FALSE INFO IS FALSE!!!
    The gnome/troll event is one of the "many" events. Like Ghostwalker said.
    There will be probably two more events - The hidden attack of the Twilight on leaders (Varian/Thrall) as we seen on PTR.
    And - the Zombie-Invasion like event. Probably with elementals everywhere, zones changing one by one, Thrall dissapearing and Deathwing bursting out of Deepholm....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethell View Post
    Yes obviously, since the patch was just deployed on the PTR and Blizz would never ever keep such a big change as this for anything less than a month before going live. Pre-cata patch 4.0 seems lined up around Blizzcon, Mid- October.

BTW, 99.9% of rumours predicting a "earlier than most people expect" have been around ever since Cata was announced a year ago. People were hallucinating about a spring 2010 relaease and then when that turned out as insane as it was, people have still stuck to spreading bizarre rumours of a summer or late summer release and still seems to refuse to face the reality, which is that Cata timeline has throughout all of this been ticking pretty much EXACTLY like WotLK timeline, indicating an intended November release just like last time. And just like next expansion after Cata will. Because it is the best release time of the year for WoW expansions and Blizz aren't going to gamle with that.

November 12th US
    November 13th UK/Mexico
    November 18th Russia/Korea

anyone want to take some bets?

It seems like they wouldn't need the PTR for testing at the usual amount of time since it's already been tested on beta. The usual month may be a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Yes obviously, since the patch was just deployed on the PTR and Blizz would never ever keep such a big change as this for anything less than a month before going live. Pre-cata patch 4.0 seems lined up around Blizzcon, Mid- October.
    The avarage big patch, which 4.0 is, has an avarage uptime of over 4 weeks
    Considering this patch still hasnt had any balancing on numbers, no pvp tweaks etc etc etc, i doubt it will be up mid-october, 6 weeks is a good guess imo
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xHypnotoad View Post
    November 12th US
    November 13th UK/Mexico

A Friday release in the US? Ya I would be willing to bet against that.

Quote Originally Posted by xHypnotoad View Post
    November 12th US
    November 13th UK/Mexico

Release date for expansions has alwlays been same day in european..
    plus ur list makes no sense since russia and uk are europe, mexico is US realms
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

Quote Originally Posted by Davhorn View Post
    not trying to be rude..but two weeks is more than enough time..i mean it takes all of 20-30 mins to complete..i'll go out on a limb here and say pre launch will be by the end of sept-to very early oct..first week or so