10+ Year Old Account

In cata, surv hunter + winserpent/dragonhawk =win?

Since in cataclysm the mastery for survivor hunter is elemental damage and both wind serpent and dragonhawk has magic damage increase debuff, does that mean a survival hunter can benefit well from both of these pets?

lock/dks and boomkins provide better one .. thats if u are talking about pve

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Since in cataclysm the mastery for survivor hunter is elemental damage and both wind serpent and dragonhawk has magic damage increase debuff, does that mean a survival hunter can benefit well from both of these pets?
    6 of one, half a dozen of the other really.

IF you are talking about PvP, then yes, you may get "some" increased benifits/dps, but you are loosing on other abilities, such as (PURE EXAMPLE) Pin, intervene etc etc.

Basically the whole pet thing has come about so that there is some freedom with hunters and their pets and we aren't forced to use a crab for PvP and a Wolf for PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantús View Post
    lock/dks and boomkins provide better one .. thats if u are talking about pve
    It's not supposed to replace the debuffs/buffs a class brings, it's supposed to be a last-resort at-least-we-have-something-of-this-type; kind of lame if you ask me, but better than nothing I suppose.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

If you don't have a lock dk or boomkin, I'd say go for it.

Yeah I would do that as a survival hunter, its so fucking easy to kite now too, concussive shot no focus cost, can use it every time its up
    Destruction!

I think it's fine, personally, that hunter pet's abilities aren't as strong as those of a player class. They're being used as a weak wild card buff. In other words, hunters should be able to pull out any pet and give any (weakened) buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiyodragon View Post
    I think it's fine, personally, that hunter pet's abilities aren't as strong as those of a player class. They're being used as a weak wild card buff. In other words, hunters should be able to pull out any pet and give any (weakened) buff.
    The buffs are as strong as the real buffs ^^

A Winserpent is made of Pure Win, so it's a WIN.