Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Androktone View Post
    Props to Sy for ace debating skills, but i'm afraid you're wasting a lot of effort on a lot of rowdy rabble.
    thanks^^ but i guess that is nearly always the case when discussing controversial topics on an wow forum

let's just hope at least some people think about the arguments (people who may have not agreed with me in the beginning that is).
    and let's hope that i'm right about what we're going to see in cata

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    1) i don't think we will see single attacks/spells taking 30% of a players hp in pvp (assuming both are in decent pvp gear).
    2) why would less burst not be good for pve? burst is going down and the overall healing/tanking in cataclysm will benefit from, even in pve.
    "I don't think."

What are you basing your conclusions on? A good argument should have some definitive evidence not be based on meaningless posts from blues who do not follow through most of the time. Resilience was supposedly going to fix absurd burst and PvP problems in Wotlk, we all saw how that worked out.

Extremely high HP would be a nuisance for Blizz in PvE as they would have to balance mechanics around exaggeratedly high numbers including the boss thereby hurting the new healing mechanic(not being able to be 1 shot) while keeping the so called new PvP philosophy.
    Yes. That Shaman Just Licked Your face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanLicksYourFace View Post
    "I don't think."

What are you basing your conclusions on? A good argument should have some definitive evidence not be based on meaningless posts from blues who do not follow through most of the time.
    how about reading the thread? i heard that may not be bad for a serious discussion :P
    Resilience was supposedly going to fix absurd burst and PvP problems in Wotlk, we all saw how that worked out.
    uhm, what?
    the burst problem was nowhere near that important before wotlk. blizzard didn't put that much effort into reducing burst in wotlk. it doesn't make much sense to base your conclusions on "it didn't work last time blizz tried to fix the problem" because there wasn't really a "last time". and even if there would have been a "last time"... do you really think all people in blizzard working on this are to dump to learn from mistakes while you are so smart that you know exactly how it's going to be?
    and btw: the increased hp pools along with the new resilience stat in bc did a lot against the burst of classic.
    Extremely high HP would be a nuisance for Blizz in PvE as they would have to balance mechanics around exaggeratedly high numbers including the boss thereby hurting the new healing mechanic(not being able to be 1 shot) while keeping the so called new PvP philosophy.
    have you read any blue posts about the new healing mechanics and burst in pve? it is one of the reasons blizzard wants to increase hp pools in the first place. stamina for tanks and haste for healers won't be that important, because one of the big risks in healing is going oom because you used to much fast, powerful, but expensive heals. you are supposed to let the tank (and the raid) take damage and go low for a few seconds, before you use one of you big heals.

sorry, but i don't really get how you think that high hp would be bad in pve, when blizzard said so many times that it will be a good thing.

one more thing: don't you get why i said "i don't think"? it's because none of us really knows. we can only discuss things we see or we assume and the conclusions we draw. that doesn't mean it's the truth. that doesn't mean we are right.
    i think it will probably be the way i said. that doesn't mean i'm 100% sure.

you should maybe learn that some time too. you think what you said is true. that doesn't mean it is. just because i don't agree with your opinion doesn't mean i'm wrong.

oh and what's that? you didn't say what you're basing your conclusion on either, even after i directly asked you to explain your argument.
    okay...
    *sigh*

wotlk was kinda like cod in a way... or atleast thats whow i'll always remember it
    Norway Ftw!

atm, burst is sick, healers are insignificant, no way they can outheal dps. Hunters pet hit for 5k on global cd, fire mages 15k pyros, 7k ice lances, spriests sick dmg. its pretty fun