Thread: Starter Pets

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Starter Pets

Was curious to know if the pets that each race will start with when rolling a new Hunter have been released yet? I couldn't find anything in the forums about it here, and have been getting pretty excited about creating a Hunter when Cata launches. Thanks!

hope your not trolling anyways,
    human wolf
    dwarf bear
    NE cat
    Dreaei moth
    Worgen Mastiff
    Orc boar'
    Undead bat
    Tauren Tallstrider
    Troll raptor
    BE dragonhawk
    goblin crab

Based on the PTR:

Dwarf-Bear
    Nelf-Cat
    Draenei-Moth
    Orc-Boar
    Troll-Raptor
    Tauren-Tallstrider
    Belf-Dragonhawk

Edit: Person above me beat me to it and has complete list...grrr

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly wasn't trolling, just couldn't find the info elsewhere. Thanks to both of you for posting, and was curious to know where you found all of that (particularly you, Bob, as I wasn't sure if the new race combos were up at all like Bitt said).

Thanks again, and hoping to become a regular in the Hunter forums after Cata release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VLWP...next=1&index=4 youtube is a great resource for things like this in the beta

10+ Year Old Account
    in the new patch the starter pet for undead is spider.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sweetness! Thanks for video link, and update on undead pet. I can't say I am very well-versed in playing a Hunter (had one several years back I played occasionally as an alt), but when Blizz said their goal was to make all the pets viable it really made the class attractive to me. I just got tired of seeing so many running around with the same pets that it turned me away. The notion that my _______ could be on par with your _______ is what I personally have always thought the class should be about, regardless of spec. Happy to see these changes :-D

15+ Year Old Account
    It is basicly one of the beasts that are in that race's starting zone

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    in the new patch the starter pet for undead is spider.
    If only the undead would melt when contacted with obsidion weapons and/or fire, well then all we would miss is "The Wall" between Arathi and hillsbrad... Oh wait. The only thing missing now is moving "the Nightwatch" from Duskwood to Stormgrade :P
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.