Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Maybe I'd test in the PTR but it keeps crashing everytime it's loading my character. Anyone know a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by iSmack View Post
    Maybe I'd test in the PTR but it keeps crashing everytime it's loading my character. Anyone know a fix?
    report the crashes, thats what the ptr is for.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the point on the 2.0 PTR??? What was the point on the 3.0 PTR??? I gess the point on the 4.0 PTR is exacly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by unillenium View Post
    report the crashes, thats what the ptr is for.
    Already have reported them

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    The reason for this PTR is the exact same as for every other patch that goes on the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of the PTR is to get a large group of people to test how the cata talents will work at lvl 80, so raiding and dungeons aren't bugged massively (or over/underpowered) for the last month or so of wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I did play in TBC....
    Dont do it then.

this is gonna be a patch everyone gets before cata, gotta make sure it's stable and not bugged with all the cata stuff stripped. Also need to test out class balance more as well has give a good chance for addon author to update and test their stuff.
    Last edited by Jawstrock; 2010-09-12 at 07:44 PM.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Quote Originally Posted by deadlok View Post
    hunters get to try out focus before cata comes out so i see that good for me.
    Agreed god i need to get use to the system before it all goes downhill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoshadow View Post
    Presumably, looking at the size of the download, it does have all the Cata stuff in the files, it just needs to be activated by Blizz. So as time goes on, we'll get to test more stuff. Maybe.

On a side note, does anyone know a) why it wants the full 16.4 gigs just for the setup phase (for me, I hear others have it gone past setup) and b) does this mean I won't be able to play until it's fully downloaded? Cuz with a 100-140kb/s download speed that's gonna be a while...
    You need a 1mb/s speed to be able to play while downloading iirc. that's most likely why

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    You need a 1mb/s speed to be able to play while downloading iirc. that's most likely why
    Heh, well strange thing is I got on it earlier, then my dad exited whilst I was eating cuz it was making w/e he was doing lag, then I couldn't get on... Ah well, I will just wait till its done I guess :/

10+ Year Old Account
    they have the updated old if on the ptr already
    Borador

Props to Sanistra for the awesome signature.

So people with massive changes to their classes. E.G. Hunters and Paladins can test their classes and get used to it rather than spend most time at launch trying to figure it out

Patch 4.0.1 now on Test Realms
    Basically, on the test realms:

* Classes changes are up, new talent builds, new glyphs (not fully implemented yet), etc ...
    * Revamped old zones are NOT available
    * New graphics (textures, water effects) are NOT available
    * Archaeology is NOT available
    * Guild leveling is NOT available
    * Flying in Azeroth is NOT available
    * New content is NOT available

So...sounds to me like there is no point to this ptr, is it just to try out the new talents and glyphs? if so...that's kind of a waste of time, I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here though, please tell.
    The point of the PTR is in the middle letter of the 'ptr' name. 'T' stands for TESTING.

What will you be testing? I think it's obvious: testing to check if the new revamped talent and ability system will work well in the live realms, same with the glyphs. That's not worth testing? Then tell Blizzard to just skip testing and deply those changes straight into the live servers. Just don't come crying if the game crashes every few seconds because of the deployment of an untested patch.

hunters to try out focus because a class never had an overhaul this big before. not the only reason, but its MY only reason <3

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Deleted
    I did play in TBC....
    Why are you so clueless then?

There will probably be more then class changes tested. As someone pointed out. A lot of the Cata stuff is in the files and when you try to make a new character you can select the new class options, though it gives a failure message when you try to create them(Worgen and Goblins though obviously can't be made since those are Cata exclusive:P). So probably later they'll enable the new class combos, 1-60, and all that other stuff that will come with 4.0