Pets before Cata

Ok, well I'm trying to grab 5 Rare pets before Cata comes out, or atleast 4.0. I've been messing around on the PTR this morning and thought about this. With BM Hunters with Core Hounds getting Bloodlust now (hehe) I find myself wanting pets that may not even be in Cata but still in Wrath. So right now I have the following:

Echeyakee - White Lion
    Arcturis - Bear Spirit Beast
    Soriid the Devourer - Purple Silithid
    Bjarn - White Bear
    Snarler - Black Wolf

Now the first 2, I'm keeping no matter what...but the other 3 well I'm willing to Change them, but at current I do need a wolf for raiding before Cata hits. So Any Ideas? I was thinking bout grabbing a red Core Hound since I seem to see the blue or green more on my server. And since I think MC might get removed or revamped it might be nice to have him.

10+ Year Old Account
    all pets' skins are still tamable in the current beta build. Having said the skins are either moved to another pet or another location.

That really didn't help or answer my question at all. And since there was a blue post saying when Cata hits you wont be able to summon Echeyakee or the other one that looks like him and so they are making him a pet you have to have in Wrath to keep him in Cata. I'm just trying to make a prep list of pets that might not be making a comeback in Cata like Echeyakee.

I would probably go with the silithid or the bear since both are easy to retame and there will newer silithid skins in Cataclysm that you might like better.

I've read posts all over Petopia saying that every single tamable pet look that exists now is available in one form or another in Cataclysm.

Ok Orrik, are you saying I should dump them for new pets or tame them? Cause that list of pets I have is my current list on live right now.

To dump them >>

Ok I can do that, any ideas on what I should replace them with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklink91 View Post
    That really didn't help or answer my question at all. And since there was a blue post saying when Cata hits you wont be able to summon Echeyakee or the other one that looks like him and so they are making him a pet you have to have in Wrath to keep him in Cata. I'm just trying to make a prep list of pets that might not be making a comeback in Cata like Echeyakee.
    blizzard never mentioned such things

Go grab "The Beast" from UBRS. I don't know if its still there after cata, but I know their doing something with UBRS in cata.

FYI, "The Beast" Core Hound has an elite tag after tame and shows to everyone as Boss and a skull where its level should be. Pretty unique IMO. grabbed one last night Solo Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferledon View Post
    Go grab "The Beast" from UBRS. I don't know if its still there after cata, but I know their doing something with UBRS in cata.

FYI, "The Beast" Core Hound has an elite tag after tame and shows to everyone as Boss and a skull where its level should be. Pretty unique IMO. grabbed one last night Solo Tame.
    It's still there and no beast retain elite tag since ages past. Did anyone actually read what I posted that all skins are still tamable?
    Last edited by Jekyll; 2010-09-12 at 11:03 PM.