PTR error -- "The installer does not need to be applied."

First of all sorry if this is the wrong forum.

So after i installed the ptr today, played a bit and then closed it down. I was about to start it again but i didnt find any ptr folder or anything that have with ptr to do(didnt see any ptr folder b4 i started to play on the ptr either). Tried to install the ptr and got this message "The installer does not need to be applied. It requires a version of "Wow.exe" older than 4.0.0.12635, but you already have version 4.0.1.12941." Anyone else had this problem and know how to solve it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your PTR installation didn't just magically disappear.

You don't remember where you installed it?

Searched everywhere for it but still cant find it and i remember from earlier ptr i didnt have a ptr folder either.

help getting on PTR please

so, im not very experienced on getting on PTR, something always goes wrong, i usually can figure it out on my own but i keep getting:

The installer does not need to be applied. It requires a version of "Wow.exe" older than 4.0.0.12635, but you already have version 4.0.1.12941.

any help?

Are you in the beta?

How'd you even get that far? i cant get past the charachter copy page, says queue is full

no beta, and i copied other day when i heard about it

after i finish downloading the installer the actual ptr download gets stuck at 4% downloading Blizzard.Updater.exe

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Quote Originally Posted by Sinea View Post
    How'd you even get that far? i cant get past the charachter copy page, says queue is full
    Downloading the client has absolutely nothing to do with copying your characters.

To the OP, go to where you installed the PTR client and run the launcher.exe from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having this SAME exact problem.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    after i finish downloading the installer the actual ptr download gets stuck at 4% downloading Blizzard.Updater.exe
    Just let it go for a while. It randomly just ends after a bit of time and starts the Launcher.

Download my UI here: Barretta UI

Quote Originally Posted by Sinea View Post
    You don't need to copy a character 1st to download the ptr. You can play a level 1 :| or try and copy character later.

At OP. I have the same problem after I cancelled the download earlier... I can still go on PTR by finding the PTR folder in My Computer, :C, Program files, World of Warcraf Public Test realm, WOW (the green button with "T test").

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    the thing will jump from 4% to 100% after a few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr View Post
    any help?
    and the way i got the thing to update was by going into the wow ptr folder and starting the launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

You guys need to go to the WoW PTR directory that began installing shortly after giving you that error message and run the Launcher.exe file. It will begin downloading the necessary updates for you.

Common locations of the WoW PTR directory:

XP: c:\program files\World of Warcraft Public Test
    Vista\Win 7: c:\user\public\games\World of Warcraft Public Test

If you are unable to find either of those locations do a search for 'Public Test' and it should point you to the location of the directory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    You guys need to go to the WoW PTR directory that began installing shortly after giving you that error message and run the Launcher.exe file. It will begin downloading the necessary updates for you.

Common locations of the WoW PTR directory:

XP: c:\program files\World of Warcraft Public Test
    Vista\Win 7: c:\user\public\games\World of Warcraft Public Test

If you are unable to find either of those locations do a search for 'Public Test' and it should point you to the location of the directory.
    I love you.

EDIT: Now it says "Another copy of the Blizzard Downloader is already downloading that file to that location."

??
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

mines been downloading for 5 or 6 hours now, yet I can log in and start a new character and play. I copied 2 characters before I started the download, but I don't see them on there. whats the deal?

Blizzard Installer stops at 4% as it moves a gigantic file.. -cough- then it'll shoot up to about 90% when it's moved that big ass file. Think oldworld.mpq.

As for character copy, skip this and download the installer, log on and create a new level 1 char. Where Avenger's Shields are one shotting everyone in threes.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Quote Originally Posted by EFG View Post
    I love you.

EDIT: Now it says "Another copy of the Blizzard Downloader is already downloading that file to that location."

??
    Thought this might come up as well lol. I've had it happen too and it's a simple. Either restart your computer or do the following steps:

Open Task Manager in Windows by right clicking your task bar and going to 'Task Manager'
    Click on the 'Processes' tab at the top of the window that appears.
    Click on the 'Image Name' tab to sort by that type and navigate to the image name listed as: Blizzard Downloader.exe
    Highlight it and click on the 'End Process' button at the bottom right of the window
    If a dialog box appears select Yes or End Process
    Restart the Launcher.exe file to continue the download

If you don't know much about computers and aren't comfortable navigating these options I highly suggest just restarting your computer as that solves it as well. The above steps only prevent you from having to restart.

when i open PTR it sends me to download client page and i dl same thing