10+ Year Old Account

Macro head Where yall at... Help me With This Hand/SB macro.

Im lazy im sick of asting hand then sb... i wanna put it together. On ptr i made a
    /cast hand of gul'dan
    /use shadow bolt

macro... And it didnt work... Ill cast hand and it wont cast SB afterwords. I think it needs to be a cast sequence...

Any help!

Deleted
    Maybe try /cast Shadowbolt ?

Also, I don't have a warlock ptr, and Im not a warlock player in general, but if Hand of Gul'dan is on GCD like Shadowbolt then it won't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    try /cast shadow bolt instead as you only use /use when its a trinket normally
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

I think it needs to be a cast sequence...
    You nailed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok i tried /castsequence hand of gul'dan, shadow bolt

but it wont continue to cast shadow bolt... wtf mane...

I want it to hog, sb, sb until hog is back up then continue sb'ing..

hmm i fail at macros. after 5 years i still fail.

Deleted
    #showtooltip
    /cast Hand of Gul'dan
    /cast Shadow Bolt

I think that should do the trick -- I haven't used 2 GCD spells in the same macro before, so I don't know, but I imagine it'd try to cast HOG, if it is off CD, then it'd be cast, if not, then it'd show an error message and proceed to Shadow Bolt.

However, I'd rather go ahead and just bind them to 2 different keys, macros can never be as good as a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondre View Post
    I want it to hog, sb, sb until hog is back up then continue sb'ing..
    And that right there is your problem. You're asking for automation, macros do not do this.

The best you could go for is a modifier: /cast [nomod] Shadowbolt; Hand of Guldan

This would allow you to to keep pressing the same key, and just holding a modifier briefly when you need to cast HG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast Hand of Gul'dan
    /cast Shadow Bolt

I think that should do the trick -- I haven't used 2 GCD spells in the same macro before, so I don't know, but I imagine it'd try to cast HOG, if it is off CD, then it'd be cast, if not, then it'd show an error message and proceed to Shadow Bolt.

However, I'd rather go ahead and just bind them to 2 different keys, macros can never be as good as a human.
    There has got to be a way to bind it to one key. I know there has to be a way. having it on 2 keys is a waste of a button... : /

When i cast hand it doesnt sb with that macro u gave me.

Ive tried the cast sequence but it doesnt work well..

What i want is for it to cast hand if it up, and sb if its not. thats it. Macro maniacs where the f are u guys

Deleted
    Macros can't do "if" things.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Macros can't do "if" things.
    Nono, they can do "if", such as "if my pet is dead".

They just don't do "if X is on cooldown/not available", and for good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has to be a castsequest/reset macro. To make this happen.

There has to be a castsequest/reset macro. To make this happen.
    Well... no, because there are only so any ways to force the reset. One is by time "reset=x" where x=seconds, but that only counts the seconds after the macro was last used, so you couldn't spam it. Then you have the conditions such as upon target switch, but that of course is of no use either.

Long story short, you're not automating this function to one button press, sorry!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just pointing this out, because I don't think he knows: You have to press your button AGAIN to use Shadowbolt, 1 click is not enough for the macro to work (the castsequence macro, that is).

#showtooltip
    /castsequence Hand of Gul'Dan, Shadowbolt

Although different keybinds for those spells is WAY WAY WAY easier.
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... gotta chalk this one up as a lauce.

[QUOTE=Maradar;8816741]Just pointing this out, because I don't think he knows: You have to press your button AGAIN to use Shadowbolt, 1 click is not enough for the macro to work (the castsequence macro, that is).

#showtooltip
    I know how macros work...

You cant reset the castsequence with that macro brah....

Its all good thanks for the help guys... Gonna just take the lauce.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tired, forgive me my ''reset=3'' or whatever :P
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought i cud do something similar to this...

#Showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=combat/target/12 Flame Shock, Earth Shock
    /startattack [harm]

Which i use on my shaman. But apparently it doesn't work.

Yeah, you can't have two GCD spells on one macro without using /castsequence or a modifier, because they don't want you macro'ing your entire rotation.

You can reset castsequence with shift/alt/ctrl, but you'd be better off doing this:

Code:
    #shotooltip
    /cast [modifier:shift] Hand of Gul'dan; Shadow Bolt
    Or, if you don't mind hovering your mouse over the enemy as an action to allow you to cast both spells on one button, then this one should work:

Code:
    #shotooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm] Hand of Gul'dan; Shadow Bolt
    This makes it so you if have a mob targeted, it will cast shadow bolt, but if you have you mouse hovered over a harmful target and press it, it will cast hand of gul'dan.

-----------------

Either way you cut it, you're going to have to execute an additional action when dealing with multiple GCDs, be it holding shift, hovering you mouse over them, or simply clicking two different buttons.

Edit: Testing on my mage to see if it works with AoE spells.
    Edit 2: Yeah, it works fine.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2010-09-12 at 10:19 PM.

Well... gotta chalk this one up as a lauce.
    Gonna just take the lauce.
    It's loss, not lauce. I try not to correct bad spelling but that one made me giggle; I misread it as sauce.

Anyway...Can't you just use a timer for the macro? I'm not sure if they're changing things for Cata but I use a macro similar to what you're after on my DK. I have:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=35 Death Grip, Dark Command, Dark Command, Dark Command, Dark Command
    The reset time is just the CD of Death Grip and then I put in enough Dark Commands to fill in the timer. From what I can see on Wowhead, HoG has a 12 sec CD and a 3 sec cast time so you could try:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=12 Hand of Guldan, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt
    I just used untalented timing there because I'm just doing this quickly, but you get the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zookz25 View Post
    Yeah, you can't have two GCD spells on one macro without using /castsequence or a modifier, because they don't want you macro'ing your entire rotation.

You can reset castsequence with shift/alt/ctrl, but you'd be better off doing this:

Code:
    #shotooltip
    /cast [modifier:shift] Hand of Gul'dan; Shadow Bolt
    Or, if you don't mind hovering your mouse over the enemy as an action to allow you to cast both spells on one button, then this one should work:

Code:
    #shotooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm] Hand of Gul'dan; [harm] Shadow Bolt
    (Note: I'm not sure mouseover works for AoE spells, I just tested these with lightning bolt / chain lightning to see if they work.)

This makes it so you if have a mob targeted, it will cast shadow bolt, but if you have you mouse hovered over a harmful target and press it, it will cast hand of gul'dan.

-----------------

Either way you cut it, you're going to have to execute an additional action when dealing with multiple GCDs, be it holding shift, hovering you mouse over them, or simply clicking two different buttons.

Edit: Testing on my mage to see if it works with AoE spells.
    I use mouseovers on my shaman.. ty gonna give this a shot.

EDIT

Thanks bro it works perfectly with class timers ill be using this macro for sure. Good looking out.
    Last edited by Ondre; 2010-09-12 at 10:22 PM.

I rarely ever use mouseover because it feels awkward tbh, and is weird if you are constantly switching targets while trying to use the non-mouseover portion of the spell. (I don't tab-target, I use the mouse to target/move, and the keys to cast/move)

Though it's most likely the laziest way to do something like this.

PS: May I ask how long it took you guys for your character to copy over? :P

Edit replay above: Cool, you can also take out the second "[harm]" before the shadow bolt, I noticed that it isn't really needed.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2010-09-12 at 10:30 PM.