Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What I'd love to see would be his arbitrary death against Cho'gall or another entity, just to show something with that much power can still be swatted aside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and:

Quote Originally Posted by ryoukthebloodelf View Post
    Why do people hate med'an i mean b/c wouldnt you want to have mage shaman and pally powers in one class if you could play as one?
    No, I like challenges and overcoming them with the limited means I have.

I hate him because he's of mixed race. Y'know, in an Azeroth sort of way. Dang mutts! And that's not even taking into account his complete absence from the video games themselves, which in my book makes him irrelevant, yet he's pretty central to the terrible, terrible damage that the comics do on the franchise. No es bueno!
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

Quote Originally Posted by ryoukthebloodelf View Post
    Why do people hate med'an i mean b/c wouldnt you want to have mage shaman and pally powers in one class if you could play as one?
    Maybe because the concept of having some "green kid" with powers which are largely greater than of any of the powerful "lore figures" in the
    Warcraft world is kind of annoying? More fitting for a cartoon show for 10 year olds than for WoW?

And the whole idea of a orc-draenai-human mixture which has powers of mages/shamans/paladins is just too weird.

Also, why should he have mage powers? Mages are supposed to STUDY to get their powers for long years (and he is not that old...),
    not get them like some superhero... I guess for shamans and paladins it's actually similar... and because of that the whole concept
    of the character does not fit into the Warcraft universe I think...

nobody likes a mary sue... which in turn is the same reason as the rhonin /knaak hate.

Deleted
    I hate med'an I want to be killed by hogger

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    How would people react if there comes out a novel about Rexxar's son?
    Story goes like this : Rexxar got bored and went into Sunwell plateu to fight Burning Legion , he and Sacrolash slept together etc

So Rexxar's son is a hybrid of Orc,Ogre and Eredar and has powers of Warlock,Hunter and some guy trained him to be a Druid too !

So Rexxar's son goes out and saves the world with his Warlock-Hunter-Druid powers

YEAH THAT MAKES ALOT OF SENSE AND IS NOT A LORE RAPE... (same goes for Med'an)
    Mannn!! that would be sweet!*imagines giant half-orc with tentacles,hooves and tail* *pukes*

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Mannn!! that would be sweet!*imagines giant half-orc with tentacles,hooves and tail* *pukes*
    Now people realise what kind of writter is Richard Knaak
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Pretty much because he will become goku on crack and will probably be the major force behind our defeat of Sargeras, it would only seem fitting seeing how Aegwynn and Medivh have played such huge roles in the story so far. More than not it'll be something like.. AH MAH GAWD MEDIVH WAS MY FATHER AND YOU KINDA KILLED HIM?? RAWRR SUPER SAIYAN 90000 rapemode. get it? On a serious note, i don't really have anything against him, some people just hates him because it reminds them of the fact that Blizzard controls the story and can do whatever they want. He's a far fetched character, but look at his lineage he is one of a kind for a reason, and for some reason people act like these few certain people getting together to have a child is sooo much more farfetched than the things you see in everyday WoW.
    Last edited by xile; 2010-09-12 at 11:26 PM.

Nah, it would be a murloc. Gifted with Rexxar's powers of nature and the mental powers of an old god. Also Mimiron lazers.

Makes lore sense too! yes it does!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberes View Post
    nobody likes a mary sue... which in turn is the same reason as the rhonin /knaak hate.
    Personally I have no big trouble with Rhonin... he is a figure fitting to the lore (he is a mage after all, and got his
    power by training as a mage in Dalaran, the way mages do - fitting to the world... not some superhero like figure
    who gets the power because of being a orc-draenai-human-or-whatever-hybrid).

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Rexxar got bored ... he and Sacrolash slept together
    Hawt action!

>.> <.<

*begins to search the internet...*
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

10+ Year Old Account
    med'an is hated because he does not earn any of his powers and what annoy people more is the fact that besides being to use arcane magic, he also can use holy, and shamanic magic. Oh and did I mentioned he is also great at physical combat?

---------- Post added 2010-09-13 at 07:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Is it really necessary to explain why?
    He is just the epitome of what a childish, bad, dull fantasy writing is. A character who is the best at everything, mixes the main lore races, masters every single power. That's such a dumb concept that you would tolerate it only if it was coming from a six years old kid, but not certainly from a well-paid, adult writer.
    That's it, pretty much. Such a poor and idiotic piece of writing that it just deserves to disappear with a short "Sorry, we made a mistake, forget it" note signed by Blizzard...
    this so much

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    med'an is hated because he does not earn any of his powers and what annoy people more is the fact that besides being to use arcane magic, he also can use holy, and shamanic magic. Oh and did I mentioned he is also great at physical combat?

this so much
    He is like the Bruce lee impersanator of WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

He is the Harry Potter in WoW. Overpowered from birth, so blessed, destined hero of the world that has nearly no combat experience at all. Also Garona and Medivh are not the characters that i like so i don't like their freakish offspring either. IMO he is just another fail character from blizz to impress the 12 year old dumb ally kids

Oh and this:
    they just want to see that character dies a horrible death.
    I think blizz's next move will be make jaina think with her jaina again and fell in love with medan. When thrall finds about that he will be pissed and he will fight to the death with medan. Thrall of course will emerge victorious in the end, jaina will realize what a big mistake he made and beg forgiveness from thrall(or his balls) and thrall will be the last guradian. (this will also explain why thrall left the horde and i won't blame him because every man can do a similar thing for a jaina )
    Last edited by Altaria; 2010-09-12 at 11:36 PM.

Blyzz have had exceptional lore; Med'han is a really sad chapter in Warcraft history, a blateration of nonsense from start to the end, and the sole fact so many important points of the lore have been so badly corrupted, so that they won't be usable again in any development, is really concerning.

It reminds me of Cristopher Lambert in Highlander 2...the immortals are aliens that have been send in a prison like planet...sad, inconsistential, stupid...

Deleted
    I feel out of the loop...

Deleted
    I hate him because he is a freakin abomination. I don't like hybrids in wow in general (Rexxar aside) but him having the genes of 3 races is just... I wish Blizzard never had to create this character.

this so much
    I feel like people fail to realize that for us to even have a chance at sargeras we essentially need someone like med'an. Look at his lineage the fact that magic was bursting out of him is in no way a surprise at all. Like youre mad about what that he didn't have to train 100000 years to do something? Youre mad that he is a combination of several races even though that isn't too extremely far fetched because last time i remembered people can cast fireballs in this world. Sargeras can and will wtfpwn everyone in existence atm, and i'm not sure where people are getting that medan is the best at everything he barely even killed chogall, hes like 12 for heavens sake. He has alot of growing up till he actually becomes the goku that will be needed to defeat sargeras. Stop complaining about blizzard choosing to use him as a device so you can even have a chance against sargeras.
    Last edited by xile; 2010-09-12 at 11:36 PM.