Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think medan should have babies with Alextrasza. and bolvar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devdan View Post
    Because he is perfect, period.
    This, same reason people decided to hate Jesus.

15+ Year Old Account
    The reason why Med'an makes sense is because he is Medivh's son and the guardian of tirisfal title has recently been passed down through family lineage.. and honestly why can't arcane ability and power be passed down? people just hate him for no reason
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Question: are Med'an's shamanistic, paladin, and mage powers weaker than those of their respective masters?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    This, same reason people decided to hate Jesus.
    Nope. We hate him because he thinks he's better than us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, two billion people worship that biblical Mary Sue...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    I feel like people fail to realize that for us to even have a chance at sargeras we essentially need someone like med'an. Look at his lineage the fact that magic was bursting out of him is in no way a surprise at all. Like youre mad about what that he didn't have to train 100000 years to do something? Youre mad that he is a combination of several races even though that isn't too extremely far fetched because last time i remembered people can cast fireballs in this world. Sargeras can and will wtfpwn everyone in existence atm, and i'm not sure where people are getting that medan is the best at everything he barely even killed chogall, hes like 12 for heavens sake. He has alot of growing up till he actually becomes the goku that will be needed to defeat sargeras. Stop complaining about blizzard choosing to use him as a device so you can even have a chance against sargeras.

It's poor writing. It would be more interesting to create a character from a HUMBLE beginning rather than a character that his birthright is to be op.

---------- Post added 2010-09-13 at 07:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gozert View Post
    Still, two billion people worship that biblical Mary Sue...
    I dont but you fail to differentiate from worship and wanting to read great fantasy writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larch View Post
    Question: are Med'an's shamanistic, paladin, and mage powers weaker than those of their respective masters?
    I certainly hope so, seeing as the boy is still in his teens.

Then again, he got infused with a portion of the powers of the members of the New Council of Tirisfal. Among them are Broll Bearmantle, Rehgar Earthfury, Maraad, Jaina, etc. Those aren't quite newbies in their field.

what are we SUPPOSED to think of an orc/draenei/human guardian of tirisfal Shamageadin, born from the incredibly improbable couple of the retconned Garona Halfdraenorcen, and Medivh, who always seemed to keep to himself due to being possessed by sargeras?

Looking at his lineage, he seems to be an orc/draenei/human/sargeras shamageadin. o_O and judging by what I saw in the comics, the old gods want a piece of this action and are trying to corrupt him too. wonderful...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I certainly hope so, seeing as the boy is still in his teens.

Then again, he got infused with a portion of the powers of the members of the New Council of Tirisfal. Among them are Broll Bearmantle, Rehgar Earthfury, Maraad, Jaina, etc. Those aren't quite newbies in their field.
    Wish I could think of an adjective for a paladin's powers...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I dont but you fail to differentiate from worship and wanting to read great fantasy writing.
    Well, a lot of people worship this 'great' fantasy writing...
    Last edited by Gozert; 2010-09-12 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    I hate him because he's of mixed race. Y'know, in an Azeroth sort of way. Dang mutts! And that's not even taking into account his complete absence from the video games themselves, which in my book makes him irrelevant, yet he's pretty central to the terrible, terrible damage that the comics do on the franchise. No es bueno!
    I'm a mixed race in real life =(
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

what if medan had a night elf lover and his son also had druid powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    It's poor writing. It would be more interesting to create a character from a HUMBLE beginning rather than a character that his birthright is to be op.
    You won't find a character from a humble beginning that would stand a chance in hell against Sargeras, Azshara is the most powerful mortal in existence ever and she wouldn't stand a chance against sargeras. Not to mention the fact that she has had thousands of years to create her magic. Medivh was the second strongest and even though very powerful still would not have had a chance in hell against sargeras. My point being people miss out on the fact that to stand up against a titan, one has to be completely ridiculous when it comes to power. I do like a lot of how he was built however, he combines several races making it not only an alliance born hero because to date almost every super hero has been alliance (mainly azshara/malfurion/medivh), short of thrall and maybe broxigar they aren't quite on their level. Not to mention the fact that he is young so blizzard creates an area where if done well they could very well structure it so that we see medan grow and become this ridiculously powerful person. i think people gotta realize that sargeras may be the most powerful being in existence i only say this because if you look at how the titans have not made actions against him, he must be insanely powerful (although we have no real facts at the moment). If you want a mortal to stand up against a titan, and at this point THE titan, you have to allow for something "amazing" to occur. Whether you like it or not, there aren't any characters in existence that could stand up against sargeras, even if you took malfurion/medivh/azshara/theaspects/every faction leader/and the titans theres a chance that sargeras could win, i only say this because like i said earlier there is a reason sargeras is still alive, and it's probably cause the titans aren't capable of destroying him, or aman'thul won't allow it because he wants to save him.
    Last edited by xile; 2010-09-12 at 11:45 PM.

He's basically Superman but doesn't have a weakness against Kryptonite, he can just wtfpwn everything without there being much of a struggle involved to advance the plot and connect with the character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I obviously won't find both in the Bible, but let's not get into THAT mess.
    neither do I but that doesn't mean I should compare 2 very different thing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like characters that are maybe skilled in one area, but not the top of their league. I like it when they need to outsmart opponents more powerful than them, not just go "RAWR LIGHT GIVE ME MY LAST WISH BLAHBLAH" and win the day through Super Saiyan power.

I like when they have to fight tooth and nail to get anything done. Me'dan just got everything handed to him on a silver platter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarnor View Post
    He's basically Superman but doesn't have a weakness against Kryptonite, he can just wtfpwn everything without there being much of a struggle involved to advance the plot and connect with the character.
    ergh I hate Superman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't making the comparison, I was commenting on the comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, a lot of people worship this 'great' fantasy writing...
    It is still orange and apples, regardless of it fantasy or not one was written for entertainment values and the other one wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Is it really necessary to explain why?
    He is just the epitome of what a childish, bad, dull fantasy writing is.

Pretty much this. Within fantasy novels which include supernatural and exceedingly powerful elements (magic) it's easy to fall into the cliché of the essentially invincible hero. Unfortunately, Blizzard has decided to produce trash novels and that is what they are; mass-produced, tacky novels. It's actually very sad. Blizzard had the opportunity to create a more recognisable literary counterpart to the world of warcraft universe, incorporating both graphic novels and literary pieces produced in a way that expands, creatively and tastefully, story arks, past events and retcons to compliment the naturally fragmented story-line of world of warcraft.
    World of warcraft is an innovative game which is responsible for the evolution of MMO (and games in general) story telling. This is very important to the wellbeing of the industry. Look at cataclysm - Blizzard is rewriting the ingame 'novel' through the shattering of azeroth and the creation of a new storyline built upon the foundations of the old. This is interesting from both literary and technological points of view: the ways of which a story can be 'told' in an interactive multimedia narrative.
    So, with the movie apparently in production (http://www.wowwiki.com/Warcraft_%28film%29) Blizzard had a chance to utilise both forms of story telling, film and books, which are the fundamentals of video games; playing a game is reading a book and watching a movie at the same time. I'm not advocating a traditionalist perspective of literature, far from it. I think the plethora of moral and ethical issues experienced within the warcraft universe could be explored through graphic/conventional literature. Essentially, what I am saying is that instead of the cashgrab the novels seem to fulfil, they could have expanded greatly on more complicated, mature or abstract themes unexplored ingame and create a lasting dynasty (think marvel).