Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    To the dear OP , exit is ----------------> That way , gl have fun
    First get there , get the gear and then complain , as it has been said a million times , it is still beta , you have not been there so please oh please stop crying and for this expansion learn how to play your class , or for short l2p , cheers bye bye .
    How many times did the OP have to say that it would be more interesting instead if they gave mobs different abilities that caused the damage, and not just 10k auto attacks. Before you reply to people with a collection of the most generic responses you could possibly copy, try a bit of reading comprehension first.

At the very least, it'll make bot farming worthless. This is something I'm sure we can all agree is a great thing.

Omg mobs that can hurt you as opposed to aoe pulling on almost every character i have leveled once i get some good aoe abilites. I really did feel leveling was hard pulling 6 mobs at a time as ret, and that was mainly due to that was how many mobs you could gather mounted up before leashing.

This is good practice for raiding and / or dungeons imo. You AREN'T SUPPOSED to do stupid stuff to make a healer's job so hard, or a tank's for that matter. The amount of CC required in dungeons now would only back up that claim.

Every class has some sort of defense mechanic in order to mitigate how much damage they could potentially take:

Clothies:
    Mages: Slows, Stuns, Kiting, Casting while moving if Fire, Blink, Frost Nova, the works.
    Warlocks: Pet, Kiting with Dots, Health Returns via Drain Life and Siphon Life.
    (S) Priest: Dispersion, slows with Mind Flay, Fears, Self-Heals, Vampiric Embrace

Leather:
    Boomkin: Roots, Knockback, Starfall, Self-heals, Cyclone
    Kitty: Stuns, Self-Heals, Instant Cast Heals
    Rogue: Stunlocking, Sapping, Self-Heals (Recuperate), Kick

Mail:
    Hunter: Pet Tank, Feign Death, Deterrence, that annoying jump back move.
    Shaman: Grounding Totem, Self-Heals, Earthbind Totem (kiting), Frost Shock etc. kiting

Plate:
    Paladin: Plate Armor, High Stamina, Repentance, Self-Heals
    Death Knight: Plate Armor, High Stamina, Chains of Ice kiting and Death Strike health returns, Silences, Rigged Pet of Death
    Warrior: Plate Armor, High Stamina, Hamstring + stuns / silences

Only ones who should worry about getting hit are plate tbh. Frankly, this promotes good practice for people to NOT GET HIT, or minimize the extent to which they can get hit. Very good thing imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klypto View Post
    Warlocks: Pet, Kiting with Dots, Health Returns via Drain Life and Siphon Life.
    I don't think we need reminding of how god-awful Siphon Life is atm so let's leave that there
    "What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof."

Leveling in grey/green gear is almost the same at any level. The same experience scales at each level bracket.

Thankfully though every cloth class has some form of CC/snare. So the game boils down to you making decisions like "wait for the patrol to pass" or "snare this mob before i start the attack" or "this mob is grouped with caster mobs which will rape me before i can rape them".

If the game were as easy as banana eating elitists pretended it was then..

lol bananas idk
    Last edited by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve; 2010-09-13 at 12:12 AM. Reason: bananas

The problem with adding "unique"/"special"/etc moves rather than just making them hit harder in general (I would guess by "autoattack" you include generic spells aka Fireball/Frostbolt) is that it will lead to situations like some other special attacks currently on dungeon mobs in WotLK. I don't know how many times I actually get sad when someone interrupts the Spell-flingers in Ahn'kahet when I am all ready to spellreflect them (yes, its OP to do so, yes it makes me smile when i see those 50k+ hits), but it doesn't really make it any more exciting to play than fighting groups that don't have those "special" attacks.

In the end, all mobs either melee or cast, some have CC (stuns, hexes, etc) and some don't. I really wouldn't judge the fact that they are "making autoattack hit harder" as something along the lines of "these mobs suck because they don't all have supermove#386 instead". They are mobs, they are also generic (by and large), so I am perfectly content with them making their regular actions more threatening (How big does a Yeti have to be before it hits me for more than 1k and I have 40k+ life?) as opposed to attempting to spice them up with random and uncommon abilities that either are exploited to easily solo or simply negated by a simple interrupt/kite anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by goomba
    *Hopefully is a trademark of goomba, it implies nothing, it promises nothing, but it is a glimmer of hope that the designers aren't completely moronic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made it to 85 as a clothy so apparently it isn't impossible. Sure level 84 mobs were hitting me for 7-8k and some caster mobs can land hits for near 15k, you just have to blast them down fast or use a little cc/mitigation/healing.

Also, at no time was anything hitting me for 40% of my hp. Maybe 20% at tops.

You mean to tell me I might die at some point while I level from 80-85?!

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE GOOD SIRS I AM CANCELING MY ACCOUNT GOOD DAY.

Signature courtesy of Safhira.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Apply strategy
    2. ???
    3. Profit

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason people are finding going from 80 to 85 is harder in the beta and dying more is that there's a bigger gear discrepancy between 80 and 85, and people are still using 80 epics, not the superior items from Cataclysm. Health pools will be larger with Cataclysm gear, remember. So the mobs have to hit harder to keep things challenging; the reason they are murdering people is because their gear isn't good enough.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers