Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Haters gonna hate... Really

its like high school all over again. all the girls are jealous of the prettiest cheerleader because she gets all the boys.

you should see the masses of idiots who cry "WOW CLONE" whenever a new mmo is announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyConqueror View Post
    Just like successful people, WoW is being hated by losers/ignorants in general.
    Preach on.

Ragnarok Online, PristonTale, Endless Ages, Lineage 2, LotRO, FFXI, UO, MapleStory, Aion, Mu, Age of Conan and WoW.

These are all of the MMOs I can remember having played, and I'm sure there are others but they were less memorable. Of that entire list, the only games that ever kept me hooked or pulled me back to them were Ragnarok Online, Endless Ages, LotRO, FFXI and WoW.

RO - I was in middle school and high school when this came out in beta and I just remember it being so simple to play. Despite it being another Korean grindfest it actually was fun for a little while but then eventually got to be too much.

LotRO - I played this from release up until six months ago. After the Mirkwood expansion, it just got stale. The only reason I even played the Mirkwood expansion was because of the Skirmishes, which were entertaining for a week or two and then again, got stale.

FFXI - First pay-to-play MMO I ever played. I had a LOT of time on my hands and no better way to spend it so this game kicked ass. Then the longer I played it really dawned on me that all I was doing was sitting in the same spot for 6 straight hours with 5 other people killing the same mobs over and over again. Stale.

Endless Ages - If you've never played this or heard of it, its current iteration is a free to play web browser MMO (this may have changed again, it's been a year or so since I last checked it out). Its original incarnation was a standalone client and...well...it's very hard to describe it to be honest. You picked from either being a Human-like, giant Rock-blob-robot-like, or a little Frog-like character and you ran around with jetpacks and guns shooting everything in sight. You leveled up by shooting things or meleeing them to death. Or with crafting, just doing crafting (as is pretty normal). This game was great and addicting because the UI was simple, the mechanics were simple, there was no story, but there was a LOT of exploration (cities, caves, portals to other dimensions, oceans, big open areas, forests, etc). I STILL miss this game and it's been almost seven years since I played it last...

WoW - Been playing since January 2005, quit four times for various reasons, still here. There's something to be said about Blizzard's ability to put all of the blocks in the right place and maintain something so huge. I could make an entire post about why this game has stayed alive for so long but I think it has mostly to do with Blizzard's ability to respond and interact with their community and mould their game from that. An exact opposite of this would be using Conan as an example pre-Khitai.

Every game has its fun points, every game also has features that make you want to gouge your eyes out with a spatula covered in habenero juice. There will always be haters and purists, you just have to learn to ignore them and play the games because you find them fun, not because somebody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    it's kinda funny, here in wow, we like "borrowing" UIs and such from every game whe nthey are better, in the other games they hate "borrowing" our UIs lol... we are the ones that end winning that way
    that's probably WHY we're winning. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.