Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I don't have the patience to keep up with this bs anymore. I played a warrior for 5 years and they always seemed to be the one that stuck our and was taken care of last. Their dps as fury in Wotlk was amazing I will give them that, but vanilla and bc I have always had tough times as a warrior. I am too tired to deal with numbers and upcomming changes and anything thats going on anymore, I officially retire my 6.4k gs warrior and I am going to reroll a orc mage. Goodbye forever warrior, the only good times I had with you was in wotlk, all other expacs I couldnt get into good guilds or groups due to having no cc and shitty raid buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moddy View Post
    I don't have the patience to keep up with this bs anymore. I played a warrior for 5 years and they always seemed to be the one that stuck our and was taken care of last. Their dps as fury in Wotlk was amazing I will give them that, but vanilla and bc I have always had tough times as a warrior. I am too tired to deal with numbers and upcomming changes and anything thats going on anymore, I officially retire my 6.4k gs warrior and I am going to reroll a orc mage. Goodbye forever warrior, the only good times I had with you was in wotlk, all other expacs I couldnt get into good guilds or groups due to having no cc and shitty raid buffs.
    No,in Vanilla and TBC you couldn't get into good guilds because a)there were a shitload of warriors b)you needed gear (same deal in Wrath except Wrath gear was easy to get compared to Vanilla/TBC).Warrior dps was amazing in Vanilla and TBC as well.

I feel so bad for you, I mean not being able to tunnel unhealable damage must really suck.

Oh, that's how most classes have it.

Welcome to the balanced club.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    why does this seem to me that he's saying it's going live and we'll tweak it as you guys hit 85 (portion that reads especially as more players get to 85 on the beta ) wich means to me .. 4.0.1 going as is .. enjoy doing less dps than a resto shaman and sitting on a bench because if your guild isn't killing heroic lk and you're not the guild master you aren't raiding. but hey we'll change things as Cataclysm goes live.
    Of course he doesn't mean that, stop being a herald of doom. The negativity of some people... Number tweaking WILL be done, but believe it or not, your damage is not top priority to be fixed before the launch. That doesn't mean they aren't intending to fix it before launch, it means they want bugs to be fixed and dungeons to be as great as possible etc more than they want you to do tons of damage on a bugged boss. As far as I can tell nobody utterly fails to complete dungeons before it's impossible to kill things before the healer's run out of mana, and guess what? That means your damage is not a problem so big it requires instant attention!

Whew. Being done venting, I can't wait to see our damage being fixed. I need lots of damage to smash down peeps in the battle for Gilneas.

It's not about what DPS we do when Cataclysm goes live. It's what we do when 4.0.1 goes live and we're still raiding ICC.

Numbers and class balance seems tweaked for level 85. We can't spec into deep wounds and we don't have key abilities like inner rage. This is hurting our performance dramatically. I'm averaging 4.5k dps on dummies self buffed on the PTR which is less than half of what I'm doing on live. On live deep wounds accounts for 10% of my damage done. That's gone for starters.

If 4.0.1 goes live like it is now I'll need to put my warrior on the shelf until Cataclysm launch.

I wanted to test it myself. So I copied a character as soon as the PTR went up. Now after waiting a while I noticed I can copy 4 characters again, but it is disabled for now. LAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeyla View Post
    If 4.0.1 goes live like it is now I'll need to put my warrior on the shelf until Cataclysm launch.
    Well, if the spell-comparisons on the frontpage are correct, TG warriors are getting a 22.2% buff (removal of 10% penalty from TG, addition of 10% buff to dual-wield-spec).

So they are definately going in the right direction.
    Last edited by Butch; 2010-09-18 at 02:39 PM.

Finally TG handicap removed. Was such an ugly band aid.

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moddy View Post
    I don't have the patience to keep up with this bs anymore. I played a warrior for 5 years and they always seemed to be the one that stuck our and was taken care of last...
    I could be wrong, but I believe that is the case because the rage mechanic is so complex that it has be tuned last to compare with everything else.

But enjoy your mage!
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

No matter what happens if the design philosophy stays that way we will hold our current ranks in charts, same way we did in any era of the game. Good players know what scale means and they also know that the best of it comes with flat percentage modifiers.

Bathing in rage and buggy HS may be gone as well as impale is, but in any case the scale potential is of epic proportions, just take a look at the stances/talents/glyphs setup.

Personally I will not even care about the performance in the first tr of raids because if the design stays as is ( scale wise, cause this RB sucks balls) we will skyrocket from the second tr and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallydra View Post
    I feel so bad for you, I mean not being able to tunnel unhealable damage must really suck.

Oh, that's how most classes have it.

Welcome to the balanced club.
    Clueless moron detected. Welcome to the idiot club.

Deleted
    Well, the whole fury thing feels awkward. You sit there, wait for enrage effects that proc RB, if those wont kick in you gotta use nerdrage or DW. Actually we're like enhancement shamans now, waiting for procs all the time. Wait for RB, wait for slam, wait for enough rage to dump it with 30 rage hs -.-

then rage normalization feels like they took the potential rage income and cut it in half. cleave on a 3 sec cd sucks kinda, too but one can deal with that. WW on the other hand is so stupid now. every time I use it in trash i wonder why I actually dumped 35 rage with this bs.

dunno, I'm everything but fine with fury atm cuz I don't feel like that barbaric maniac butcher that cleaves stuff in half.

arms and prot on the other hand are fine, maybe because they didnt get so much changes at all and still feel well known.

edit: I suppose the "half the dmg" problem results in the missing Armor penetration stat which actually stole us about 40-45% of dmg (if I'm correct with armor reducing physical dmg). on the other hand ...hunters and rogues still kick ass
    Last edited by mmocb53c2a1ef1; 2010-09-18 at 03:52 PM.

Hey guys, can I say something?

Warrior DPS has another tree. So title this "Fury DPS" instead of "Warrior DPS", because you can't speak on behalf of Arms warriors, who are getting a MASSIVE buff come Cataclysm.

Stop being mad, also.

Hopefully the upcoming patch changes will level us out, but I'm not quite sure if it is enough :S

Anyone notice a bug when DPSing arms which doesn't allow you to apply rend properly? I have to keep trying over and over until it goes on. Really annoying.

Deleted
    What you essentially got, is the taste warlocks got in end-TBC. The numbers were started getting unreal, so they descended upon your rage and demolished it. Normalized rage = Killing off demonic sacc'd succy and going /roflmao at the numbers.
    Don't worry, it'll get better in T12.

Quote Originally Posted by aer View Post
    Hey guys, can I say something?

Warrior DPS has another tree. So title this "Fury DPS" instead of "Warrior DPS", because you can't speak on behalf of Arms warriors, who are getting a MASSIVE buff come Cataclysm.

Stop being mad, also.

Yeeesss critting with mortalstrike for 3-4k damage in full icc 251 gear is such a huuuuge buff right?