Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Fury in Cataclysm Beta and PTR atm is severly lacking in damage(probably the worse spec if you got gear), it has a very simple rotation of pressing BT and fishing out for RB procs, Slam Procs(Slam is prio atm since it deals the most dmg of all abilities) and using up all the rage with HS, so in between low rage income and long ability cooldowns you're most of the times auto attacking. <--- TG pov

Arms is pretty decent in damage, has alot of healing, alot of CC for when you need to gank/get ganked and is pretty entrataining to play. If you play on a PVP server and plan on killing stuff Arms is the way to go.

Prot is probably the best, it doesn't match Arms damage yet, but it has good survivability and it's best for grinding, pretty good PVP bonuses and it has fast access to dungeons.

All Specs have access to Victory Rush(and it's glyph) and in it's current state the healing is so powerful that Prot can end up soloing very hard mobs, while the other specs pretty much run around without anykind of downtime even when dealing with mobs 2 levels higher.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

As a warrior, you always level as whatever your gear supports. That's the answer. It has been the answer since classic, it will always be the answer.

It doesn't matter what the specs do if you do not have the gear to play them.

Got two decent 2-Handers (BoA)? Go TG Fury.
    Got two decent 1-Handers? Go SMF Fury.
    Got one decent 2-Hander? Go Arms.
    Got one decent 1-Hander and possibly a shield? Go Prot.
    And in Cataclysm, if you have no prior raiding gear (264+), your best bet is to spec Fury with both SMF and TG to support whatever weapons drop for you.

And in any case, keep Prot as a 2nd spec throughout leveling. For dungeons, for tough mobs, etc.

Also, since you said you're starting a new warrior - 2x1h Fury until TG
    Last edited by fyrn; 2010-09-17 at 09:52 AM.
    Fyrn Galore, General a.D.
    President of Aesyr®. The only true Heavy Metal Guild there is.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrn View Post
    And in any case, keep Prot as a 2nd spec throughout leveling. For dungeons, for tough mobs, etc.
    And also because Revenge usually crits everything away >.<
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    And also because Revenge usually crits everything away >.<
    Oh, yea, right. I also prefer having one revenge crit every 10 seconds to simply dishing out 15k DPS all the time because I enjoy big numbers!
    Fyrn Galore, General a.D.
    President of Aesyr®. The only true Heavy Metal Guild there is.

Prot will most likely be the best way to go. You do decent damage, you can pop into dungeons whenever you would like, you don't have the down time to heal ever, and can mass pull areas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    prot

devastate, shield slam, and revenge is complete win
    Last edited by Rainec; 2010-09-18 at 02:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by fyrn View Post
    Oh, yea, right. I also prefer having one revenge crit every 10 seconds to simply dishing out 15k DPS all the time because I enjoy big numbers!
    On PTR Revenge crits for me for like 3k max - but there is still hope since the final numbers are not yet in.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!