Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm just glad I'm not a Blood Elf.

Thunderbluff shouldn't be too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I remember hearing back around Blizzcon that they were going to just send you to your hearth location however I am not sure if that is real or rumored. I do hope that isn't the case though because Dalaran will be extremely crowded.
    So it'll be exactly like it is now, then?:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    So anyways...some one told me we're all just gonna log on inside of our capital cities. But if that happens, every wow player of your race is going to be logging on in the exact location and every city will be packed to the brim which means huge lag storm! XD One of my mains is a human. Do you KNOW how many humans there are? What a nightmare!
    You know what this means? There will actually be people IN EXODAR!

Everyone should log in at the Maelstrom, and Blizzard should reactivate the constant death bug
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. I'll keep one of my alts logged out in Thousand Needles when the times comes.

Deleted
    Possible that twinks land at the closest graveyard in the zone they logged out, alive. 80s usually have their hearthstone locked on Dalaran, so there will be no change there, i believe.

Deleted
    Placing bets on either the closest graveyard or your race's capital city. Although I think it'd be more fun if everyone was equipped with the rocket helm from Netherstorm, then propelled into the air in a random direction when logging in.

I played a Worgen in Beta and there is a quest with level 8 you enter a building, after finishing a quest the whole room shakes, you hear loud rumble and when you leave the building the whole area is flooded, building gone/destroyed. So you will not see the havoc, but hear it.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Teleport to same place command...
    *remembers Ulduar release on Sylvanas EU*
    *shiver*
    Please...not again....

(FYI it was a mass slaughter off fall damage and lagg)

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I played a Worgen in Beta and there is a quest with level 8 you enter a building, after finishing a quest the whole room shakes, you hear loud rumble and when you leave the building the whole area is flooded, building gone/destroyed. So you will not see the havoc, but hear it.
    That is just quest phasing, this thread is about something a liiiittle bit different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure everybody who didn't log out in a capital city will be teleported to the nearest GY.

It wouldn't make sense to teleport everybody to their racial capital, not only would it cause massive lag, but it could potentially crash servers. I remember people raiding stormwind with 100 horde chars, and even that made the server crash. Imagine 1000 humans logging into the exact same spot in SW over the course of a couple of hours.

Well, I know in the Beta whenever they apply a new patch I end up at the nearest graveyard when I log back in. So, I would assume they would do the same when Cataclysm comes out for real.