Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Chakra being dispellable would be comparable to Vampiric Embrace being dispellable, which it is not. I suppose sooner or rather later it will be made undispellable.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frygar View Post
    Regardless, I never used Chakra once during any of my duels in this video. If I had, it would've been on smite to do more damage probably, as I was not specced into Revelations.
    I was wondering why you didn't use chakra smite in those duels, you just forgot? I don't see any downside to it, it's not even on the gcd. Seems like a huge benefit with all the damage you're doing.

Anyway, thanks for the video, I'm really happy with what they did to the holy tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt View Post
    I was wondering why you didn't use chakra smite in those duels, you just forgot? I don't see any downside to it, it's not even on the gcd. Seems like a huge benefit with all the damage you're doing.

Anyway, thanks for the video, I'm really happy with what they did to the holy tree.
    I did forget about it for the most part. It would've helped my damage quite a bit. Like most people on the PTR, I was just getting used to my new keybinds and abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Chakra being dispellable would be comparable to Vampiric Embrace being dispellable, which it is not. I suppose sooner or rather later it will be made undispellable.
    Destro locks are still waiting for immolate to have dispel protection, so good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Truthfully I cannot think of any ability that really compares at all to Chakra.

It would be nice if it was undispellable but even then, Holy now has a good amount going for it in PvP and Discipline is no longer the clear cut winner.

If Chakra remains dispellable, then lolz.
    But I'm still going to stick with Disc anyway. Penance is too epic.
    And then you miss out on a lot of core PVP abilities.
    -PI, VERY strong ability, same tier as Lolwell.
    -Pain Sup vs Chakra. I just see Pain Sup as more powerful. The Dispell Resistance is what turns me on the most (Maybe a bad choice of words, lol).
    -PW:B vs GS: Both have their ups and downs, obviously, but PW:B's ability to completely stop interruption from damage can be very powerful, seeing as it is an AoE Ability, giving it offensive power as well.
    And Atonement. Holy SHIT is that talent amazing.

But don't get me wrong, Holy is definitely climbing its way up in terms of PVP Viabilty, but I am still viewing Disc as the more offensive spec, and Holy as a defensive one, primarily because Absorbs allow less on-demand healing and allow more damage output.
    And the one thing that is REALLY throwing me off of Holy is that Revelations talent. Of course, it's not mandatory, but that's losing defensive capabilities for your strong CC ability. If it turned your Chakra ability into the spell as long as it's on Cooldown, I see that being stronger in my eyes. But I just wouldn't give up a CC ability for that, I dont know.

ALL IN ALL, Well done Blizzard in giving Holy its needed PVP Viabilty(:

Deleted
    Holy PvP? Dead again with build 12984. Was fun the time it lasted.

# Twirling Light is now a Rank 3 talent, down from Rank 4 and is now named Surge of Light and revamped - You have a 3/6% chance when you Smite or Heal to cause your next Flash Heal to be instant cast and cost no mana but incapable of a critical hit.

Enjoy 6% chance for a non-crit Flash Heal.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Holy PvP? Dead again with build 12984. Was fun the time it lasted.

# Twirling Light is now a Rank 3 talent, down from Rank 4 and is now named Surge of Light and revamped - You have a 3/6% chance when you Smite or Heal to cause your next Flash Heal to be instant cast and cost no mana but incapable of a critical hit.

Enjoy 6% chance for a non-crit Flash Heal.
    Ya, definitely a nerf to Holy PvP. And the new "3 smites in a row give you 10% spell haste" thing is really awful for PvP unless somehow you find yourself freecasting smites.

Is that Bartender?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, with the change to Blessed Resilience and Twirling Light, Holy PvP's futures look very bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiora View Post
    Truthfully I cannot think of any ability that really compares at all to Chakra.

It would be nice if it was undispellable but even then, Holy now has a good amount going for it in PvP and Discipline is no longer the clear cut winner.
    I have played Holy PvP in BG's since TBC. Although I am hopeful that things will be better for Holy in Cataclysm, at this moment I do not see any reason why it should be.

The Achilles Heel of Holy has always been poor damage mitigation in a high dps/health environment coupled with the proliferation of anti-caster mechanics that WotLK brought. In Cataclysm, Holy will still have these problems, and our only damage mitigation talent (Blessed Resilience) has been taken away in the latest beta.

From my point of view, it seems pretty clear that Discipline will be the stronger spec for PvP. Holy will remain completely infeasible for serious competitive PvP.

Do we know if Replenishment is only granted to the person who brings the buff in arena in Cataclysm? That has a big impact on non-druid PvP healer feasibility now.

Neither of the priest healing specs strike me as a PvP powerhouse now, but we'll see what happens.

Cool It Puts The Lotion On The Holy Priest ...

I have lots to say on this topic but I'm an mmo forum nub and it must be detecting my macro's as weblinks so I have to make a few posts before I can share the awsomeness of holy PVP in cata.

15+ Year Old Account
    What the bump?

Welcome to the forum, Dtawom. Please go read the forum rules and guidelines before posting again. Closed and infracted.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-08-19 at 12:49 PM.