Poll: Title says it.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you like Cataclysm being harder?

Title says it. Do you guys actually like the idea of Cataclysm being harder. The idea of making gear epic, so rares can mean something. PvP gear going back to its original root by implementing a cap to how much points people can obtain. Your 25 man friends leaving. Having reputation for factions harder to obtain. etc etc

As for me, I like the idea of obtaining my gear harder, more fun but, I wonder if this is going back to its tbc root. To those who don't know, there are some servers that have a few guilds that are any good. I am on magtheridon US which contains a lot of good players and guilds, but players on like.. Dalvengyr US or Exodus US will be going back to its TBC place. Anyone not find this comfortable or have you not this realized yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it seems like its going back to the BC style of raiding with a better emblem system. I love it so far.

Deleted
    Hopefully it will teach people how to play the game. Most of the normal modes on beta look harder then Hor Hc, which people just normally randomly leave when they get it :P

*buys the OP a drink* *wink*

Deleted
    Loving the idea of an harder content and really looking forward to exploring it with my guildmates but still, I'm a little worried about how awful it'll be to PuG them ^^

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Title says it. Do you guys actually like the idea of Cataclysm being harder. The idea of making gear epic, so rares can mean something. PvP gear going back to its original root by implementing a cap to how much points people can obtain. Your 25 man friends leaving. Having reputation for factions harder to obtain. etc etc

As for me, I like the idea of obtaining my gear harder, more fun but, I wonder if this is going back to its tbc root. To those who don't know, there are some servers that have a few guilds that are any good. I am on magtheridon US which contains a lot of good players and guilds, but players on like.. Dalvengyr US or Exodus US will be going back to its TBC place. Anyone not find this comfortable or have you not this realized yet.

Cataclysm keeps the casual easy-going sense, but adds challenge and toughness of TBC. Cataclysm is a perfect balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooner or later cata is gonna be just as easy as wrath

just wait.

Won't know till it's out and bugs are all smoothed out.

Yes. Cant wait for massive QQ posts on official forums "NERF" "X TOO HARD" etc. .

Hell yes. I miss things like the trash pulls in Sunwell where you either sheeped several mobs right at the pull or died horribly. Give me that back. Give me dailies that can kill me. Give me mandatory CC in raids. Give me fires etc on the ground that are more than just a minor inconvenience to stand in. Give me lava that will kill me if I try to swim in it. Give me heroic modes that require an actual change of strategy beyond just 'nuke slightly harder'. Give me large nasty wandering elites a la Felreavers that will brutally murder me if I don't pay attention.

Make it harder. BRING IT ON.
    If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by digal View Post
    Hopefully it will teach people how to play the game. Most of the normal modes on beta look harder then Hor Hc, which people just normally randomly leave when they get it :P
    Something being harder will not teach people how to play the game. It will just make the people that suck, suck more.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Something being harder will not teach people how to play the game. It will just make the people that suck, suck more.
    No, it will show people that suck that they have to work for their rewards in this expansion. Then you'll have people who suck who work to improve, and people who suck who complain. Rather than the WotLK model of people who suck decked in 264/277.

yea definitely.
    Last edited by ShamanLicksYourFace; 2010-09-13 at 09:58 AM.
    Yes. That Shaman Just Licked Your face.

Deleted
    I love the fact its harder! Only problem is within a day or two of release, we'l have a zillion threads of nerds crying about it. And that might tempt blizzard to make it easy as shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    No, it will show people that suck that they have to work for their rewards in this expansion. Then you'll have people who suck who work to improve, and people who suck who complain. Rather than the WotLK model of people who suck decked in 264/277.
    You underestimate the stupidity of the average person. Those who suck will never get better because they have no desire to get better, because if they did, they wouldn't suck.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

Deleted
    Let's just hope they have the willpower not to listen to the scrubs that troll the wow forums on a daily basis.

Go challenging content! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ainell View Post
    Give me large nasty wandering elites a la Felreavers that will brutally murder me if I don't pay attention.
    Storm Gigant in Howling fjord

Whaleshark In Vash'jir

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the only reason to as why i'm coming back for cataclysm, wotlk was horrible.

how could you not love that its becoming harder?

The hope for cata is the only reason i havent quit long ago.
    Article 37 : A Bro is under no obligation to open a door for anyone. If a women insist on having their own professional basketball league, then they can open their own doors. Honestly, they're not that heavy.
    Article 49 : When asked,"Do you need some help?" a Bro shall automatically respond, "i got it," whether or not he's actually got it.

It's not getting harder. It's just going back to normal after Wrath of the Faceroll.

And i like it