Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    This goes well with the health boost, now everyone suffers equally with resilience and classes like frost mages don't get left in the dark.
    Poor ickle frost mages.

Cry me a frostbitten river.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Poor ickle frost mages.

It indeed does make me wonder why a frostmage would talk about being left in the dark... though maybe he is talking about being the only class that has to put up with such an OPness? No clue...

To a poster earlier who said that Blizzard wanted to move away from the LOLBURSTFEST wotlk pvp (thank god for that, hated wotlk pvp) and move to TBC pvp again. Where did they say that? Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love TBC PvP back with long-drawn matches that showed some real skill but I remember them saying that they wanted to move away from those long-drawn PvP matches and TBC pvp in general and wanted it faster peaced.
    So I guess they changed their mind AGAIN?

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    It indeed does make me wonder why a frostmage would talk about being left in the dark... though maybe he is talking about being the only class that has to put up with such an OPness? No clue...

To a poster earlier who said that Blizzard wanted to move away from the LOLBURSTFEST wotlk pvp (thank god for that, hated wotlk pvp) and move to TBC pvp again. Where did they say that? Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love TBC PvP back with long-drawn matches that showed some real skill but I remember them saying that they wanted to move away from those long-drawn PvP matches and TBC pvp in general and wanted it faster peaced.
    So I guess they changed their mind AGAIN?
    Not really.The long matches in TBC was factor of the health pools,the average dps and the fact that healers were a nightmare to run out of 'gas' if you didn't pack mana drain mechanics.Now they're current plan so far seems to be to modify health pools and average dps back to the TBC analogy but also downsize healer longevity.The result is less bursty than Wrath and still a much more logical fight length.

Personally I feel they are just ignorant rather than a troll.
    They are under the impression that crits, or the ability to perform them are the focus of pvp burst.
    Resilience does a lot more than that, but had an unfair and detrimental effect on those with a naturally lower crit chance, and those reliant on critical hits for various mechanisms.
    With the likes of crit caps much harder to get supposedly, I hope we will see less of the current examples, usually being melee running with huge amounts of it, so making it a more balanced stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    very good change, resilience is important for pvp, but the current implementation punishes specs that are more dependent on crits (ferals for example).
    plus, we will not have the ~50% crit we have today, more like 20% in standard 85 eq I guess. Therefore no need to reduce crit chance, or no one would crit at all (would be boring wouldn´t it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Poor ickle frost mages.

Frostbite, as in the talent which is being deleted?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by janou13 View Post
    simple question !!! whats that means ?? this is the end of resilience ??
    I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure this was how it was in 70 days. I could be wrong though maybe someone else knows, anyway, this wont change much, they are really really lowering crit across the board now, you might have 50% now but in cata i would imagine that 50% is going to turn into about 15%

You will also see many classes, especially hunters, where haste is going to take priority of crit, pending out how focus turns out on hunters, haste maybe more important to stack then agility. Blizzard has already stated that they don't like the count to 10 and your dead combat system which is currently going on. This has alot to do with crit.
    Last edited by Carni; 2010-09-14 at 02:33 AM.

This could explain how they are going to go about having DPS doing such huge hits in cata. The dmg reduction could be so much that burst wont global people.

GL anyone attempting to pvp in full pve gear

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    Quite the contrary, resilience won't work against NPCs only against other players.
    Quite the contrary? Pretty sure he stated exactly what you did only in more words.

Quote Originally Posted by Corgrash View Post
    This could explain how they are going to go about having DPS doing such huge hits in cata. The dmg reduction could be so much that burst wont global people.

GL anyone attempting to pvp in full pve gear
    If your right and if I'm right then pvping in pve gear at 85 will be like it was at 70. Those in Pve gear will be nothing more then Aimed shot Crit practice for hunters.