Lightbulb Help with warrior pvp basics (leveling)

Hey fellow warriors.

I'm currently leveling my possible Cata main - a prot mainspec warrior.
    Have reached level 39 and I'm trying to do a bit of pvp from lvl *7-*9 (e.g. 37-39) to get to know my new char.

Having only played range/healer pvp on my mage and shaman, I'm amazed how bad I am at this melee pvp so far, so would like some help with warrior pvp basics.

Currently I try to charge and hamstring as opener and then switch to prot and hope for revenge to pop. Usually I need more rage for other abilities though.

1. I'm prot spec, but I should probably still change stances during the fights - when and why do I change stance?
    2. Which abilities should I focus on while doing pvp? I know pvp doesn't have rotations as such, but which abilities are best for pvp?
    3. Any other tips are most welcome. :-)

Thank you very much for your time - have a nice day!
    Blitzerman

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

When i prot pvp in BGs i usually stay in battle so i can snare shit myself, i never depend on much other people snaring even if they still do, if im being attacked by melee/lots of pressure i switch to defensive stacne and use defensive techniques (shield block, shield wall etc.) to stay alive.

But since your at low lvl you wont have access to things i have as im lvl 80 (feel free to armory me same name as my username). From what i know thought you should have gag order and conc blow? Im not too sure about gag order but nevertheless.

Basically yeah open with charge and then hamstring, shield slam is your main attack so use it alot, use heroic strike/cleave, TC is okay too, shield bash heals and if you do sufficent dmg should be able to down someone in a conc blow. Try and switch between def stance and battle stance, if your confident even without TM talent you can just use battle stance for hamstring and go into def stance for shield block, use revenge every time it is up, it is hardest hitting ability for prot warriors. Since you dont have warbringer, use zerker stacne for intercept stun, that stun is 3 seconds and works wonders If im missing out on any other abilities let me know, i lvled my warrior back in 2006 so alot has changed since then.

If theres anything else feel free to pm me or just reply im bound to check out this thread again

TL;DR: switch between battle and def stance for hamstrings and shield block. Heroic strike/cleave, shield slam, shield bash, shield block, zerker stance for intercept.

Vojka, thanks for your input so far. :-)

I'll only get shield slam when I lvl up once more to lvl40. ;-)

Regarding TM talent, then I've chosen to go down the prot tree until i reach bottom before I spend point in other trees, so will have to wait a bit with that.

Also thanks for input Khronical, but so far I'm desided on lvling a warrior since people say they're the most fun to tank with. My plan is to primarily play PvE with him, but imo you learn a lot about your abilities when you do pvp. :-)

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!