Thumbs up Current xp needed per level on beta?

Hi

As cata seems to be within 6-8 weeks away i was wondering if a beta tester could give some figures on how much xp per level it is for the 5 levels from 80-85, also if possible, give some figures on xp per mob of the same level, xp per mob in instances etc etc. I have heard that it was quick to get to level 82, then the xp needed to 83 jumped dramatically, are these numbers placeholders or will these figures go live?.

Thanks in advance for anyone who replys.

80-81 = 1.6 million
    81-82 = 1.7 million
    82-83 = 6.4 million
    83-84 = 6.5 million
    84-85 = 6.6 million

Unsure the exact numbers for the last 3 levels as I am no longer in that range right now on any alts. 80-81 and 81-82 take about 4 hours each and can be done fairly easy, 82-83 is the big jump and the hardest/longest level. Took me about 10 hours without rushing and had a bit of rested, yet I have not been to Uldum or Twilight Highlands so this could all change if you did those zones, I also had some Guild XP Bonus +10% from 83-85.

83-84 and 84-85 took about 7 hours, yet I slowed down alot and the final played time was about 12 hours for my last level (again missing out Uldum and TH for lack of items atm in Beta). Yeah I don't know if these numbers will be the same as live, but I am sure it's pretty close to what you can expect.
    Last edited by Moonky; 2010-09-13 at 10:19 AM. Reason: added more exact figures

actually a bit higher 6.5 6.6 million

Quote Originally Posted by jstoberl View Post
    actually a bit higher 6.5 6.6 million
    Ah thanks for reminding me, 6.4 for 82-83. Will update my post. Just dinged 85 so I forgot all this important stuff :P

Cheers guys, we have been trying to weigh it up if leveling via instances in a 5 man guild group would be quicker than questing with the zerg on the server when cata hits, instances seemed the way to go in the past for leveling asap, but with those last 3 lvls being so heavy on the xp needed, we would prob have to clear them pretty fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
    Cheers guys, we have been trying to weigh it up if leveling via instances in a 5 man guild group would be quicker than questing with the zerg on the server when cata hits, instances seemed the way to go in the past for leveling asap, but with those last 3 lvls being so heavy on the xp needed, we would prob have to clear them pretty fast.
    i highly doubt that the quest-reward-xp will increase the same way as the needed xp per level increases, so that point is just out of the formula. I just think that dungeon xp is a little lower than it was in wotlk. wotltk it was 7% per dungeon, and every dungeon lasted about 15 minutes. so thats about a quarter level per hour, 4 hours per level (and this was WAY faster that questing, btw...)
    now they say its about 8hrs for the first two levels and roughly 30 hours for the last three. from my beta buddy I know he said about 5% of a level per instance, but it was vortex pinnacle random grp (lvl83) for about 90 minutes instead of 15. so lets assume, that a well-rehearsed guild grp takes about a third after a while, thats 30 minutes then.

5% per lvl for 30 minutes makes it roughly 10 hours per level.

conclusion?
    - it's about the same time, but only with a guild group, not with random dungeon finder group.
    - doing the same instance 20 times in a row? your head will explode from the fact that it will be boring as hell after the fifth time in a row.

no real benefit, but less fun after all. I'd say, just do the questing zerg. and don't level on weekend.

I wouldn't expect instances to be that reliable of a way to gain XP, with them not being as terrifically zergable as they were in WotLK - yes, even when the expansion just started.

Suppose a bit of both or waiting until we have all quests for a particular instance would be better then yeah, but you know what release day will be like, waiting for mobs to spawn and shit, will be frustrating times unless they have a way round it and the zones are incredibly huge.

Does anyone know how many zone choices we have in Cata level 80? in wotlk is was Howling and Borean with a dozen or so in Dragonblight