Deleted

Professions giving XP?

I know this is on the front page, but I don't have beta so I cant find out what I need.
    can anyone give me the values they are giving at this moment, I know this is beta and subject to change but I'm curious as I don't think I've ever levelled a profession that wasn't a gathering profession in line with my character, and this would give players more incentive to do so.

i think that the values arent set in stone yet(but not in beta so :/ )

i had to relearn mining on my 57 hunter and mining a copper node gave 7 xp (not sure if rested affects it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxatoria View Post
    i had to relearn mining on my 57 hunter and mining a copper node gave 7 xp (not sure if rested affects it)
    I guess they scale with your level the same way quests do. Would be logical at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I guess they scale with your level the same way quests do. Would be logical at least.
    I would deem it more logical if it gave more xp the higher the skill is.

I guess they don't scale by level, but instead the required skill level you need to gather a particular node.
    Say:
    Copper Vein gives 7 exp.
    Tin Vein gives 15 exp.

That's just my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    I would deem it more logical if it gave more xp the higher the skill is.
    Well that too. Either way it works basicly the same. It won't be very effective to leveling anyway, just a small bonus.

It appears to work similarly to how quests work yes, in that each node has a set 'level' of sorts, which in turn affects how much experience they give. They'll always give some experience, but a level 8 character gets 45 experience from mining a copper node, compared to the 7 someone reported above for a higher level character.

10+ Year Old Account
    i really don't remember where i read this, but i heard nodes in WG were giving level 80 players like 4-5k experience.

Derrrp. i remembered.
    http://www.wow.com/2010/09/13/catacl...es-experience/
    Last edited by Tayla; 2010-09-14 at 12:02 PM.

It's a nice idea, i'm unsure why Blizzard didn't introduce this when WoW came out. I loved spending time doing my professions instead of actually lvling. This would convince people that you can take a break frmo killing mobs (back then farming a set spot for hours instead of doing the small amount of quests in the area), while working on gaining some skill points in your professions. Would be nice if it worked with crafting items also, instead of just farming nodes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    It's a nice idea, i'm unsure why Blizzard didn't introduce this when WoW came out. I loved spending time doing my professions instead of actually lvling. This would convince people that you can take a break frmo killing mobs (back then farming a set spot for hours instead of doing the small amount of quests in the area), while working on gaining some skill points in your professions. Would be nice if it worked with crafting items also, instead of just farming nodes.
    I don't personally think it would be a good idea for working with crafted items, because you can do that with gold. Anyone can plevel a prof from 1-450 in a matter of hours with 5k gold. Potentially that means someone with a lot of gold could spend gold on levelling their character and never leave a city. At least with mining/herbing you have to put the effort into finding the node and farming it, having a rich alt won't help you power level from profs if it's farming.... it will make a huge difference if crafted items ever give exp.

Deleted
    thanks for the replies guys, i guess we will see tomorrow what the set numbers are. tbh i like the idea that there doing it, makes levelling a gathering proff a lot less painful. XD