Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowy View Post
    >>I play on a PvP server
    'nuff said.

15+ Year Old Account
    The entire reason people go to a PvP server is to gank lowbies. Face it, there are very few people who actually want to engage in World PvP.

They want to go to Redridge and hide under the bridge and faceroll level 15s.

You'd end up banning half the server.

I can't imagine lowbie ganking is that bad these days. "Back in meh day stranglethorn vale was for real men ect.ect" that aside, you can just alt tab and take a break, campers are usually gone by then.

If he's still there after 2-3 hours that's just pitiful of him, he may as well have stayed in elwynn/durotar killing boars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    People say move to a PVE server.

For many people that's just plain not an option, because they play with friends on their current server.

I suppose you could level your alts on a pve server and then move them, but then you have to go 80 levels without heirlooms, friends helping you out on group quests, gold, and guildchat.
    Yea, I don't really have friends on most of these servers but like I said I do like PvP against people in my own bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnaspawn View Post
    i think you just contradicted your own post wowy XD
    What?

I'm sorry, but you can't play on a pvp realm and then cry when someone ganks you. It's just what happens. Grow the F*ck up.

Deleted
    So basically, I enjoy leveling alts and when I play on a PvP server there is always some a**hole corpse camping lowbies that are trying to quest.

I really don't understand why this kind of crap isn't AGAINST THE TERMS OF SERVICE but I've kind of accepted that part. But would it not be awesome if you could log in to your account control panel and pay like $20 to get that jerk off banned from the game a week?!

Like the goblins say, time is money. And it sucks when your parents give you limited computer time to play and you can't quest effectively.
    Short answer no.

Long answer nnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No, so u want to rule a game cause u have money.. again no..
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if Blizzard did implement this tomorrow though. The hilarity that would ensue.

Deleted
    huuur duuur

Quote Originally Posted by GenghisBob View Post
    I can't imagine lowbie ganking is that bad these days. "Back in meh day stranglethorn vale was for real men ect.ect" that aside, you can just alt tab and take a break, campers are usually gone by then.

If he's still there after 2-3 hours that's just pitiful of him, he may as well have stayed in elwynn/durotar killing boars.
    Stranglethorn Vale is the absolute WORST. I don't ever even set foot in there unless the alt is on a PvE server.

Deleted
    I'd use it to randomly ban anyone who says something irritating in trade...damn I'd be broke over night but getting all the cleave and over 9000 jokes out of trade for a week would be worth it oh and I'd ban my friends for lulz >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Pvp realms quite clearly state that PvP is always one in contested zones, you chose a pvp server, you have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    People say move to a PVE server.

For many people that's just plain not an option, because they play with friends on their current server.

I suppose you could level your alts on a pve server and then move them, but then you have to go 80 levels without heirlooms, friends helping you out on group quests, gold, and guildchat.
    Well that way you can find problems for anything. You can also just quit for a while and continue later on when the corpsecamper is gone.

That someone doesn't want to play on another server for personal reasons and he is time restricted because his parents don't want to have him gaming all day long is his problem. I don't think you can cater to every person in the world.

I do hate corpse camping myself but I just deal with it. Killing him with my main or just logging off. There is no rush when leveling an alt.
    I read somewhere that if someone is corpse camping you for over 5 kills or something that it can been seen like harrasment and maybe someone can get banned for it. So you could try to report him/her.

Deleted
    make character on pve realm, level him there, transfer to PvP realm, problem solved

no money to do so?

level on a PvP realm and deal with it (moving to another area or Battleground/instance leveling should work ;O)

PS: don't complain about ganking if you would do it yourself if you had that chance
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2010-09-13 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read some really down right stupid suggestion in these forums, but this one seriously takes the cup by far!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because your $20 is more valuable then their $15*x subscription? No.

And it sucks when your parents give you limited computer time to play and you can't quest effectively.
    This basically explained everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't then Paragorn pay to get Ensidia banned for a week so they can get world firsts? Then someone would pay to get Paragorn banned and the chain will continue until everyone bans everyone else!

A bit more serious, there are a few options to avoid ganking:

- PvE Servers
    - Avoiding popular ganking areas (for high level players) like STV (go to Thousand needles, Swamp of Sorrows, Badlands as an example)
    - Rolling a rogue; it won't save you agaisnt an 80 but it might lower the chances (I never got ganked on my rogue, plain luck and being stealthy helped I guess)
    - Level at times when the population is low, if possible - like near/after midnight or during the morning
    - Queue for dungeons inside a safe zone (capital city) and read a book, watch a show, etc. until the dungeon pops up - you can do this from 1 to 80 or just for brackets of levels (such as 30-50) so you avoid popular regions like STV and Tanaris
    - Logging off for 5-10 minutes (or for the whole day to play on another toon) so the ganker loses interest
    - Bringing your Full-Wrathful-and-ICC25HC-geared-with-dual-Shadowmournes(!)-DK-with-a-Paladin-offspec character and own his face repeatedly until him and his parents cry and beg you for mercy, not to mention vote for you as Warchief of the Horde (even if you are Alliance)

I'm sure there's more you can do, just use some common sense instead of coming up with, frankly, quite silly ideas. I've leveled more than 5 toons and I've never been ganked more than 5-10 times per toon, let alone corpse camped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascherzon
    He doesn't read topics before he posts - he just takes a dump, smears it all over his face, rolls his face across the keyboard and presses post.

Gankers starting banning people instead >.<.

-editttt-
    Jeg vil ha tre is.