Thread: Gear question

Gear question

Hey all,

My other half just got her Mage to 80 and is currently working on replacing Merlin's Robe with the T10 piece first and is sitting with the other 4pt9. Is the bonus of 4pt9 worth breaking for Leggings of Woven Death and ICC boots (she is arcane specced and I read either the ICC boots aren't too good for arcane mages?) or should I just keep the 4pt9 and replace the Robe asap into the t10 one. In which case what boots should I aim for?

I am aware of the hit cap, soft cap for haste etc and thats all fine, just wondering which boots to craft as shes not got any from dungeon drops yet and if 4pt9 is worth breaking for leggings of woven death, thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'd say the hit/crit boots since they would make the transition to fire much easier. other than that reason, the crafted boots are just awful for arcane in all respects. lastly, feel free to drop t9 4 piece in lieu of much higher stats. you make up the 5% crit through sheer stats alone.
    BfA Beta Time

Is there any specific boots you would recommend from a heroic 5-man then instead of wasting materials on the boots at the moment then?

I'll get the legs crafted instead of 4p then it's the last bit she needs anyway so may as well spend emblems elsewhere, thank you!

15+ Year Old Account
    there really aren't any good boots outside of ToC and ICC for arcane unfortunately. the closest thing to passable is a pair of boots from pit of saron which are haste/spirit.
    BfA Beta Time

Ok thank you, will just aim for those then.