Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Sorry - 60/70 twinks

Isnt not buying next expansion so stay in you full epic pvp gear in lower level BGs an exploit?

I suspect we ve have all met the 1 man armies in AV etc - destroy everything or are unkillable by normal toons. Easy fix is to put lvl 60s in lvl 61-70 grp and lvl 70 into 71-80. They will still be realtively overgeared but will lose soem of the godlike powers against other players.

they are in those brackets just not av
    and even in the other bgs they are indeed god like against most ppl

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Deleted
    Whats going to happen to the 80's? Will they be part of a 80-85 bracket?

Deleted
    this is .. well not smart..
    If lvl 60 go to 61-70.. then it should be remade into 60-69 as 70 will be into 70-79 and 80 will be left allone. They would just have to make lvl 59 or 69 twinks.. and the "problem" is right back
    But even if this were to happen.. twinks in low lvls are exactly like a lvl 80 wrathfull battling lvl 80 hatefull or deadly.. its a combination of skill and gear ( more skill for the lower bracets)

I dont BG with my 60 twink, i just sit in goldshire and look cool

have a nice day
    Gnome Pride!

So i heard some1 ran into my 70 moonkin twink in AV today =P 89-2 ftw.

How's it even fun playing against people who have no chance at taking you down unless it's a large group of them?

You can pay an NPC to turn off your experience gain.
    So i don't understand why you think this is an exploit, unless they are removing this feature and i didn't read it.

Plus these brackets were made for the reason that you stayed in them until you grinded certain rep. so you could get your level 28 sword, belt, boots, then on to the next brackets and so on.

The whole reason for pvp at low levels was about twinking with the best gear for the level.
    So this is not an exploit.
    Last edited by Mancowski; 2010-09-13 at 05:16 PM. Reason: more stuff to back up things

Its not an exploit. They can't force people to buy expansions.. And they are already in the x0-x9 brackets.. Just not in AV

---------- Post added 2010-09-13 at 05:20 PM ----------

And btw bobzor, armory for your moonkin?

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    Its not an exploit. They can't force people to buy expansions.. And they are already in the x0-x9 brackets.. Just not in AV

---------- Post added 2010-09-13 at 05:20 PM ----------

And btw bobzor, armory for your moonkin?
    Here it is http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Mudonmyshoes =P

59 - 69 gear is no where near the lvl of 60- 70 gear , so 59 69 twinks would be reasonable

---------- Post added 2010-09-13 at 05:33 PM ----------

also why is it always alliance that seem to be twinks .......
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    How's it even fun playing against people who have no chance at taking you down unless it's a large group of them?
    It's fun taking down the large groups almost single-handed. That tends to be somewhat of a challenge... Sometimes

what they SHOULD do, is force the people into the official "twink" bgs after they obtain a certain amount of gear

so basically if I only have vanilla wow and i hit 60, I can stay in the normal 60 AV... now lets say I run some old world raids and get decked out in epics... when I queue, instead of putting me in the normal 60 AV, it would put me in the twink 60 AV as if I had paid to turn my experience off.

and before you say "lol they can just put lower gear on and queue up" no, they can't because it would use the same system that already exists with the LFG tool.... it records your maximum total itemlevel... so if I have an average item level of 100 and put on enough gear to have an average item level of 50, the game records my item level of 100 and uses that to determine where I go
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, get rid of socket gems till level 70+

My fury awrrior is 63 at the moment, i can get 16 sockets from my items
    put +30 stam in all them, thats an extra 4.8k hp
    add that to my 6k
    you get a 10k hp level 63 who is like a tank and able to out hp everybody
    discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post

add that to my 6k
    discuss
    Any other lvl 63 warrior can do the same thing.
    Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post

add that to my 6k
    discuss
    lol I forgot to mention this, but yes.... they should also put a level requirement on gems
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntrex View Post
    Isnt not buying next expansion so stay in you full epic pvp gear in lower level BGs an exploit?

I suspect we ve have all met the 1 man armies in AV etc - destroy everything or are unkillable by normal toons. Easy fix is to put lvl 60s in lvl 61-70 grp and lvl 70 into 71-80. They will still be realtively overgeared but will lose soem of the godlike powers against other players.
    I highly doubt they would do this. If you check past patches, there was a short time when AV did go 51-59, 60-69, and 70-79, but people just whined about it on the forums and was shortly reverted. I've posted about this on the official forums before, but nobody seems to care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonKaspers View Post
    Whats going to happen to the 80's? Will they be part of a 80-85 bracket?
    They could just do 80-84 and then 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    You can pay an NPC to turn off your experience gain.
    So i don't understand why you think this is an exploit, unless they are removing this feature and i didn't read it.

Plus these brackets were made for the reason that you stayed in them until you grinded certain rep. so you could get your level 28 sword, belt, boots, then on to the next brackets and so on.

The whole reason for pvp at low levels was about twinking with the best gear for the level.
    So this is not an exploit.
    The "exploit" is not buying the expansion and getting a trial to obtain the best gear possible but staying at 60. Its a workaround for the system. I bet they would consider it "clever use of game mechanics" but imo its just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    what they SHOULD do, is force the people into the official "twink" bgs after they obtain a certain amount of gear

so basically if I only have vanilla wow and i hit 60, I can stay in the normal 60 AV... now lets say I run some old world raids and get decked out in epics... when I queue, instead of putting me in the normal 60 AV, it would put me in the twink 60 AV as if I had paid to turn my experience off.

and before you say "lol they can just put lower gear on and queue up" no, they can't because it would use the same system that already exists with the LFG tool.... it records your maximum total itemlevel... so if I have an average item level of 100 and put on enough gear to have an average item level of 50, the game records my item level of 100 and uses that to determine where I go
    They could try that, but it would just result in more QQ than just fixing the stupid brackets. AV doesn't make any sense when you look at the other brackets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    I see you have met my army of twinks

http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....eam&gn=BC+Bank
    Damn, those are some nice twinks. I bet it takes half of the enemy team to beat you with some of that gear.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.