10+ Year Old Account

Redone Enh Talent tree

heres my idea of what the enhance tree should be. I got some great ideas from some other enhance shamans out there

copy and paste the link if you wanna check it out

http://www.war-tools.com/t70669.html

Made a good deal of changes
    Combined Focused Strikes and Static Shock into "Thundering Strikes"
    Buffed Improved Shields and reduced to 2 points from 3
    Zero second cast ghost wolf is a tier one talent but i removed the 15% speed buff and moved it
    Added Improved Shocks: does extra efects for shocks FLAME SHOCK CRITS REDUCE CAST TIME OF LAVA BURST!
    and much more...

renamed Unleashed Rage to Thundering Rage( you'll like thundering rage much more)
    Last edited by Stormwolfe; 2010-09-13 at 08:32 PM. Reason: new build

I like the combination of a lot of our "bulky" talents, however I think a major problem with this tree is that you can completely MAX it out, and still have lots of points to spare for another tree

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats true... ill work on it some more and add in some more "hybridish" talents

It's nice to see some talents combined together/trimmed down but then you add in new dps talents so you can still spend 31 points in nothing but dps talents (if you take fire nova for the obvious ae use). Even if you don't you don't really have any choices for utility talents as there are so few of them anyway. For us to actually have any choice, as blizzard seems to want, we need less than 31 points of dps talents in the tree and enough variety of "utility" talents at low enough tiers we can choose between them when we don't have dps talents. A "utility" talent as high up as Earth and Frost empowerment is almost useless. Not a bunch of DPS talents with a few PvP talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya im redoing it currently making us more Hybrid like, some utility talents that work off heals etc.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude...it's totally overpowered. Unless thats what you're going for, I'd consider your entire project a complete failure.

Elysia's epic sig skillz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Dude...it's totally overpowered. Unless thats what you're going for, I'd consider your entire project a complete failure.
    explain which talents are overpowered

---------- Post added 2010-09-13 at 04:19 PM ----------

ok heres my rework

None are overpowered if anything underpowered still. But very nice try it's better than blizzards tree atm, please add more

10+ Year Old Account
    did you see my reworked one?

Quote Originally Posted by yoh000 View Post
    None are overpowered if anything underpowered still. But very nice try it's better than blizzards tree atm, please add more
    Better? I would call blizzards cataclysm tree much better, no offense Stormwolfe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    Better? I would call blizzards cataclysm tree much better, no offense Stormwolfe.
    its very similar i just combined some of the talents and and added some cool new ones. did you look at the new build?

and Burning stick art thou a enh shaman?

Still too many dps talents in the tree since you still have 31 points with Imp fire nova. First tier is pretty bad now since elemental or resto sub specs have no choice but to pick up wolf/swiftness. Nothing on second tier for them other than ancestors will.

Still not seeing any need to make a choice for non-dps talents and useful/interesting talents to choose from. Also would like to see a better job in tier 1/2 so that sub-specing isn't so cookie cutter to a particular tree or talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evan_s View Post
    Still too many dps talents in the tree since you still have 31 points with Imp fire nova. First tier is pretty bad now since elemental or resto sub specs have no choice but to pick up wolf/swiftness. Nothing on second tier for them other than ancestors will.

Still not seeing any need to make a choice for non-dps talents and useful/interesting talents to choose from. Also would like to see a better job in tier 1/2 so that sub-specing isn't so cookie cutter to a particular tree or talents.
    OK thnaks man. ill rework some more

---------- Post added 2010-09-13 at 07:59 PM ----------

ok well heres another try

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolfe View Post

The new one looks a bit better, ele and resto might be a bit sad to loose instant wolf / 15% speed though
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolfe View Post

IMO that is even worse. Have more mandatory dps talents than your last one so don't even come close to needing to "choose" between utility options. Tier 5 is now 9 points of mandatory talents. Even if we did have to choose, the Imp ghost wolf/ancestral swiftness is going to be the top choice by a large margin.

Elemental haste is no better than the Imp shields it replaced. Still a viable dps talent for enhance which means a 8 point tier 1. I'm not sure how to make a talent that appeals to elements and resto but doesn't end up as another talent for enhancement to pick up like imp shields or Elemental Haste. Changing Elemental Haste to spell haste, instead of haste might be a viable option as it would make it pretty useless for Enhancement Shaman.

http://www.war-tools.com/t69040.html
    an old tree i designed before blizzard decided to make it 31p trees, maybe you get some ideas. i designed it so that you have to make some desicitions when choosing to do pvp. some explanations dont make much sense to sometone not knowing my baseline ability change intents.

my ideas where:
    nova shock: merged mt/fn => aoe flame shock
    natures avatar makes use of new totem system (totems are changed to high cooldown utiltiy)
    stormstrike being baseline
    Last edited by Omanley; 2010-09-15 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I'll say that it's overpowered since it combines a lot of skills that don't fit together i guess, first of all fire nova is totally OP, since with the glyph you can get it next to no CD so aoe stun party for the win.
    Then you are overcharging lightning shield and fusing a glyph in the talent( tho that's not so bad but with the number of attacks an ench can perform within a full priority circle it would proc around 40 times:P)
    Also I think that there should be some expertise somewhere in the tree, hate gemming for it.
    Improved shocks, why on earth would ench care about lava burst since it was removed from maelstrom (Primal wisdom is baseline too, no talent anymore)
    Astral swiftness was cooler as it was, remember that you should benefit all specs if possible yes?

What i would like to see is a talent let's say ''Fire Bender'': Your Lava Lash ability forces your Searing Totem to attack your target for X seconds ( X is the CD of Lava Lash) also if your off-hand is enhanced with flametongue it gives you off-hand auto attacks a chance to put a searing flame charge on your target and cause Searing Totem's attack damage.

Kinda complicated but you get the idea
    Last edited by Vorpal; 2010-09-16 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post

What i would like to see is a talent let's say ''Fire Bender'': Your Lava Lash ability forces your Searing Totem to attack your target for X seconds ( X is the CD of Lava Lash) also if your off-hand is enhanced with flametongue it gives you off-hand auto attacks a chance to put a searing flame charge on your target and cause Searing Totem's attack damage.

Kinda complicated but you get the idea
    That's similar to the idea I posted yesterday about changing searing flames and improved lava lash although I'm trying to move away from searing totem applying a dot. It's very late in the Beta cycle and Searing totems behavior is still just too unpredictable. I stuck it in my War Tools if anyone is curious. I did move searing flames and improved lava lash up in the tree a bit but the rewrite could work in the current Cataclysm tree too.

war-tools.com/t70701.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Improved shocks, why on earth would ench care about lava burst since it was removed from maelstrom (Primal wisdom is baseline too, no talent anymore)
    because as it is on the PTR we have a lot of time sitting around having no buttons to press because everything is on cooldown.