Ele shammy - low dps?

Hi

I'm currently gearing up my ele shammy alt, but I really do strugle with my DPS. In ICC 25 I'm 2-3 k below most others that has equal gear as me. Ele shaman is not hard to play, and I've been reading up on it.

I need some tips to increase my DPS, here is my armory. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...l&cn=Z%C3%B4by

When starting an encounter I always spam FS -> lavaburst -> lightning bolt and uses FS/LB as soon its off CD. I also use elemental mastery on the first LB.
    Jeg vil ha tre is.

Deleted
    Welcome to our world.

You have 2 choices:
    -Reroll
    -Wait for Cataclysm and see what happens.

Ele shammy dps is just fine and I have no issues pulling 16k on most fights in ICC but for your gear level you should still be doing ok, the one issue I see with your gear is you have 12% hit and also gem for hit when there is no reason to go above 10% hit as a dranei cause you always have 1% hit racial then 3% from talents and in a 25 man you should always have a shadow priest or boomkin.

when icc was fairly new i would top meters because i had the most gear, then everyone started catching up and the meters started to look like they should, with me being lower

then we started doing hicc25 and i got the first dfo and after that i burned all my dkp for the bis gear and i was the most geared again, and i went up on the charts, top 5 every fight, one time i topped the meter on fester with 15.4k dps, but now everyone is catching up in gear again and i'm starting to go lower on the charts again

i'm still doing 15-16k a fight, but there's dps classes that can do 3-4k more than that

if you don't have a demo lock and that's preventing you from dropping your fire elem totem and searing totem then you're missing out on a good amount dps

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problems pulling around 17k-18k dps, but thats still not enough. Ele Shamans are pretty much one of the lowest class/spec's dps-wise. If you begin to say "oh sub rogues and arms warriors are lower!" then please don't post. Those specs were really never intended for raiding in wotlk... elemental is. Cata looks promising for us (though I have quit because I am just tired of giving my all and still doing bad compared to everyone else), so stick in there.

---------- Post added 2010-09-13 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sterkrazzy View Post
    when icc was fairly new i would top meters because i had the most gear, then everyone started catching up and the meters started to look like they should, with me being lower

then we started doing hicc25 and i got the first dfo and after that i burned all my dkp for the bis gear and i was the most geared again, and i went up on the charts, top 5 every fight, one time i topped the meter on fester with 15.4k dps, but now everyone is catching up in gear again and i'm starting to go lower on the charts again

i'm still doing 15-16k a fight, but there's dps classes that can do 3-4k more than that

if you don't have a demo lock and that's preventing you from dropping your fire elem totem and searing totem then you're missing out on a good amount dps
    Best geared person pulling the most dps is supposed to happen... -_- when it comes down to everyone being generally equally geared in BiS pieces in H LK guilds, then you will be near the bottom. I pull 17-18k on average and I am JUST in the top 10 on the meters. We have rogues and mages pulling 20-22k rofling because its faceroll. Blizzards reasoning? We're a hybrid (though feral druids pull more than us, and ret pallies, and warriors.... which are all hybrids.)

I have no problem with my dps at all... 21-22k dps on Saurfang are fairly possible also marrowgar/deathwhisper/rotface/bloodprinces/putricide/Valithria/Halion are very suitable for us... I regularly top the meters on those encounters. And without logs and detailed information about your playstyle I can't rly help ya^^

Deleted

its likely not your fault.

welcome to elemental. actually welcome to shamans in general. get used to not topping meters outside of 5 mans. hopefully cata will have us paying less hybrid tax. much as the damage falls behind some classes i wont be changing my main from ele shammy any time soon

I'll see if I can provide u logs of 12/12 when I'm done here soon.
    Jeg vil ha tre is.

Quote Originally Posted by zoby View Post
    Hi

I'm currently gearing up my ele shammy alt, but I really do strugle with my DPS. In ICC 25 I'm 2-3 k below most others that has equal gear as me. Ele shaman is not hard to play, and I've been reading up on it.

I need some tips to increase my DPS, here is my armory. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...l&cn=Z%C3%B4by

When starting an encounter I always spam FS -> lavaburst -> lightning bolt and uses FS/LB as soon its off CD. I also use elemental mastery on the first LB.
    I usually w8 til my second LvB is off c/d to use my Blood Fury + EM + LvB macro, to get the instant, with the FS duration tier set thing, and fill it back up with lb. But like the rest have said, Hard for an ele shammy to get good dps on most fights, just due to our "hybrid" style >.>;

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    I've ran into far more stupid players.

OP, you'll never win in an argument with trolls/idiots/ret paladins/etc. etc. The best you can ever do is ignore it, or leave the group
    lol, ret paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Sterkrazzy View Post

thx for clearing that out, I didn't use searing totem.
    Jeg vil ha tre is.

15+ Year Old Account
    well, looks like you have a couple mp5 pieces. that's holding your DPS back. you want no mp5 pieces. you're using PVP bracers, that would need to be changed.

got ring of the lab and tier legs, i'm not sure how your hit is setup, but you could trade out the legs for something better and trade the lab ring for the ring off prince's.

edit: ah, i see how your hit is setup. you're gemmed for hit and matching a couple socket bonuses. it's better to drop out an item for an item with hit on it than it is to gem for hit. ignore the bonuses and gem straight SP.

you want your itemization to be perfect when you play Ele or you're going to notice low DPS.

second edit: nvm, your legs are fine. stupid icons.
    Last edited by msdos; 2010-09-13 at 10:55 PM.

EM should be used prior to LB as the cast is longer, your gear looks good enough for decent dps - however 4pc T10 is massively useful for getting into the spam mindset. Searing totem (if placed at the correct time) can boost DPS between 1200-1600 I have found. - However this does depend of if you are allowed to use it (demo/no demo/no elesham2). Certain things in fights can help, Firenova on Bonespikes, CL as the bonespikes are about to pop etc - you look like a well geared alt so I'm sure you know the tricks to each encounter.

FS on CD? hmmm FS toward the end of the DoT yeah but certainly not on CD you don't want to clip it or waste GCD. Spec is fine, ure META gem needs replacing if you are going to stand a chance at doing anything near what others do - I know its OS but metas aren't expensive. ELE TOTEM also gives you around 250ish haste - which is a good 3/5% increase in DPS at your level.

Good luck m8.

The problem is that if you don't have a demo lock or another elemental shaman you have to use ToW. So you can't use searing and fire elemental wich is about 2-3k dps.
    Thank god that this is going to change in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    The problem is that if you don't have a demo lock or another elemental shaman you have to use ToW. So you can't use searing and fire elemental wich is about 2-3k dps.
    Thank god that this is going to change in cata.
    Praise the Lord! =)

besides the fact im seeing you as resto it could be ur ms. anything higher than 200 is usually a sign you need to find a new server. a good ms goal to get is 100 or less. btw to check ur ms its the green/yellow/red computer icon at the bottom of ur screen.