Got a new PC...now I need a new Video Card

Hey guys. I got a new PC --> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229130

The video card that it comes with is "ok" but I would like a better one. What video card should I get to put in it?

Right now I play just WoW but plan on CoD, and other PC shooting games.

Thanks for the help.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    lol why the hell have they put a GeForce 9500 GT in that build with a i5-750

well if i was you i would get a gtx 460 1GB. best bang for the buck

what is your budget for a new gfx card?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    lol why the hell have they put a GeForce 9500 GT in that build with a i5-750

well if i was you i would get a gtx 460 1GB. best bang for the buck

what is your budget for a new gfx card?
    lol yeah I really have no idea. Its a GREAT PC with some pretty good stats, and right now I am being held back due to the video card

For the budget I am pretty open. I just need a card that will run everything they way I know the rest of the PC will

Thanks for your help
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Why would you buy that when the same thing with a better video card is listed at the same place you bought that one?

Like pans said the best performance and value atm is a gtx460 1gig card.

What is your budget for a new card?

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    well i would go for a gtx 460 1GB or the gtx 470.

if you wanna save some money and still get good perfomence, the take a ATI 5850

for the top cards its either the gtx 480 or the ATI 5870
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Moobious View Post
    Why would you buy that when the same thing with a better video card is listed at the same place you bought that one?

Like pans said the best performance and value atm is a gtx460 1gig card.

What is your budget for a new card?
    Sorry I forgot to state that I bought this PC in Dec and I am just now getting around to upgrading the video card

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Sorry I forgot to state that I bought this PC in Dec and I am just now getting around to upgrading the video card
    Makes much much more sense now XD.

Really just decide how much you have to spend. You can go from there and look up benchmarks your self or appeal to those of us who read that kind of thing for fun.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Thanks everyone for the help. Looks like the card will run between $200 - $250

Do you guys think I will be able to tell much of a difference? (I am going to get in no matter what though)

Sorry I am kinda new to video cards as you can see lol

Deleted
    For that money a GTX 460 1GB

Do you guys think I will be able to tell much of a difference? (I am going to get in no matter what though)

Sorry I am kinda new to video cards as you can see lol
    Not a huge difference, smoother edges more details etc.

For WoW it makes zero difference in speed, but you can turn on edge smoothing for bit better picture quality. In most other 3D games you'll see big increase in speed. In your budget I'd recommend factory overclocked 1024MB GTX460 from MSI or Gigabyte. Those are cheaper and quieter than EVGA or Palit, but on the other hand EVGA has best warranty.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Ok after reviewing my budget I realized $250 -300 is alittle too much right now for a new video card. I did purchase this card ---> http://www3.pny.com/GTS-250L-1024MB-PCIe-P2918C398.aspx It runs WoW fun but WoW isnt a good game to measure grahpics with, and since I am waiting until Nov to get the new CoD game I dont have a game to test it with at this time. **Question** Should I take this card back, and just save to get the GTX 460, or will this card run CoD (1st person shooters) just fine?? I just hate spending the $150 and the card not run it worth sh*t, and then have to blow another $250 to get what i really need. Sorry I am not good at video cards at all, and any help would be great. Thanks again

The gts 250 is a good card it just lacks dx11 support.

I would return it and get a radeon HD5XXX or a geforce gts 450. If you do not want to bother with that the card you have should be good for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    For WoW it makes zero difference in speed, but you can turn on edge smoothing for bit better picture quality. In most other 3D games you'll see big increase in speed. In your budget I'd recommend factory overclocked 1024MB GTX460 from MSI or Gigabyte. Those are cheaper and quieter than EVGA or Palit, but on the other hand EVGA has best warranty.
    I apparently can't post links yet but I can tell you how to get to tomshardware's gpu fps charts.
    Just go to the main page tomshardware.com then "Charts" -> Graphics Cards (which opens a new page) then click "Sum of FPS Benchmarks 1680x1050"

Then find whatever card u want.

That is a head to head framerate comparison of the GTX 460 and the GTS 250 I would say for 100$ more the 460 really crushes the 250 on a lot of tests. I have a 460 myself and it runs every game I play at full settings flawlessly, but that also gets into resolution size and other things. However, head to head i'd say the 460 is a better deal.

MikeT - GREAT WEBSITE BTW thanks!! Ok I am going to bite the bullet and return 250 and go with the 460 ***Last Question*** and I will leave you guys alone. Is this the card I need -->http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...VGA-_-14130568

I am unsure because there are like 10 different cards to choose from lol ( Sorry I am a super noob when it comes to these cards )

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127518

Go with that one. From what I have read that card is one of the top 460 you can get.

After reading all the feed back and suggestions I just purchased this guy ---> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...VGA-_-14130568

Thanks everyone for the help