Deleted

Gathering quests in Cata

I have been wondering about this for a while and I can't seem to find it in blue posts or patch notes "I may be looking wrong"

But are Gathering quests going to stay the same as in WotlK?
    As in:

Oh I have to collect some raptor heads *kills a raptor* Gee this must have been a headless raptor even though I am sure it had one..
    As that goes on for about 10 raptors.

I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who is anoyed by gathering quests like this and what I want to know is, Will gathering quests make sense in cataclysm. You kill something and a bodypart has to drop that it actually drops and not that the thing somehow did not have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    would be nice if that was too happen, but since it doesn't and probably never will i'm gonna ahve to say......oh well it's a game it's not like it's exactly the same like real life, and some things wil happen what you won't see when you look out of your window or do you live enxt to thrallmar or maybe see a flying city like dalaran every day? but it's a fair question, but i don't think the quests like this will actually change or be deleted from game, maybe the skull doesn't drop out of every mob to make it a bit harder then just kill 10 of those but 20?
    thorgal lvl 80 warrior
    deathpool lvl 80 death knight
    geoforce lvl 80 hunter

i sense alot of QQ-ing in the immediate future of cataclysm

killrog EU

Quote Originally Posted by Uminame View Post
    I have been wondering about this for a while and I can't seem to find it in blue posts or patch notes "I may be looking wrong"

But are Gathering quests going to stay the same as in WotlK?
    As in:

Oh I have to collect some raptor heads *kills a raptor* Gee this must have been a headless raptor even though I am sure it had one..

I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who is anoyed by gathering quests like this and what I want to know is, Will gathering quests make sense in cataclysm. You kill something and a bodypart has to drop that it actually drops and not that the thing somehow did not have it.
    Think of it this way. The NPC asks you to gather 10 heads, in your case raptor heads. Now you are battling your first raptor trying to claim his head and in the heat of the battle you mutilate his head into pieces or just to the point it isn't a head anymore. Now does that make more sense to your arguement that you killed a raptor and he had a head why couldn't I loot it? Also some quests are 100% drop rate some aren't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Think of it this way. The NPC asks you to gather 10 heads, in your case raptor heads. Now you are battling your first raptor trying to claim his head and in the heat of the battle you mutilate his head into pieces or just to the point it isn't a head anymore. Now does that make more sense to your arguement that you killed a raptor and he had a head why couldn't I loot it? Also some quests are 100% drop rate some aren't.
    True yet For other quests it's nothing more then a liver or a ear etc and usualy the quests with the body parts I find it wierd that some don't drop anything, and I think that if someone ordered you to collect heads you'd be carefull not to mutilate it so much that it would be destroyed.

Gathering quests are an interesting thing.

Gather 5 heads, but with a 25% drop rate? Kill about 20 mobs before you get all the heads. Initial quest sounds like it'll be fast, but ends up being only slightly slow.

Gather 20 heads, but with a 100% drop rate? Kill 20 and get all the heads you need. Initial quest sounds longer, ends up being the same.

Basically it's all in the presentation. 100% drop quests give more sense of progression, but end up "feeling" longer than sub-100% drop quests (unless of course you get a bad RNG streak or the drop rate is too low), but the sub-100% drop quests tend to annoy players, especially when it pertains to body parts that should be present on the things you kill.

Either way I don't mind... anytime I see <10 for a "go get this" quest, I assume its not a 100% drop. If it's more than 10, I assume its 100% drop.

Deleted
    That's a intresting one snow. I was just leveling my hunter in SVT and I had to collect some necklaces. 25 in total, I ended up having to kill about 70 trolls before I had all 25. This kindof anoying me alot :P But those are the extreme of quests "I am glad I never played in vanilla "

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    And some heads just dont come loose from the spine, get what i'm sayin'?
    The questgiver doesn't ask for head with spine and other shit attached, it's head only!
    *cough*
    People who think they can reason with me are clearly unreasonable.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Note to beer-fans: Beer's for pussies, mead's for men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop rates on these kinds of quests seem improved. Ones that should always reasonably give at least 1 item do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uminame View Post
    Maybe you bashed its skull in while killing it, rendering it unusable? Use some imagination .